collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non MLP horses and dollhouse. So cute!  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Non MLP horses and dollhouse. So cute!
« on: August 10, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »
I happened to come across some brushable horses at Target, today. (Breyers, I think?) They're cute, and their hair was really soft and silky. Anyway, they made me think of how Bonnie Zacherle said she originally wanted realistically colored ponies back when she was creating the ponies of g1, but Marketing decided against it, saying they wouldn't sell. I beg to differ, if these beautiful horses can have shelf space alongside MLP.
What do people think of these beautiful, brushable horses from the Spirit franchise?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Found some other cute horses

Also found a cute doll house at Goodwill that I wanted to display my ponies in, but I had no clue where I would put it.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:39:33 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Brushable non MLP horses. So cute!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
No. Those are Just Plays. I have a handful of those, haven't seen the black one or the foal.

Just because a horse is brushable, does not make it a knock-off of MLP. Brushable horses have been around for decades. Its not some new thing. Some known brands are Grand Champions, Kid Kore, Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasy Fillies, Barbie Horses, She-Ra horses, Enchanted Kingdom, Sarah Bella, Stable Champions, Kid Connection, Breyer Dapples, Breyer Ponies and Breyer Pony Gals.

Ironically Breyers brushables are said to be freaking dreadful in terms of quality. I've heard horror stories of rubs, stripped paint, thin plastic and tails that fall out due to lack of tail clamps. I don't understand how such a stellar model horse company can't get there brushable horses right?

I wasn't impressed with Sarah Bella horses personally.

Used to have a couple Stable Champs.

Loved my She-Ra horses.

I have quite a few Grand Champions and Kid Connections. Great models and much better quality then Just Play.

Kid Kore is hit or miss.

Pity the mare and foal is a Feed and Nuzzle set. I'm not fond of sets like that. Though I've been known to make exceptions from time to time.

That white stripe is weird. But, I'll pick up the black, if it shows up at Wal-Mart and is a reasonable price. And here I thought Just Play was done making these.

Good find. Though keep in mind that the quality is all over the place.

Did they come with names?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:17:22 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Brushable non MLP horses. So cute!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
No. Those are Just Plays. I have a handful of those, haven't seen the black one or the foal.

Brushable horses have been around for decades. Its not some new thing. Some known brands are Grand Champions, Kid Kore, Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasy Fillies, Barbie Horses, She-Ra horses, Enchanted Kingdom, Sarah Bella, Kid Connection, Breyer Dapples, Breyer Ponies and Breyer Pony Gals.

Ironically Breyers brushables are said to be freaking dreadful in terms of quality. I've heard horror stories of rubs, stripped paint, thin plastic and tails that fall out due to lack of tail clamps. I don't understand how such a stellar model horse company can't get there brushable horses right?

I wasn't impressed with Sarah Bella horses personally.

Loved my She-Ra horses.

I have quite a few Grand Champions and Kid Connections. Great models and much better quality then Just Play.

Pity the mare and foal is a Feed and Nuzzle set. I can't stand sets like that. Though I've been known to make exceptions from time to time.

That white stripe is weird. But, I'll pick up the black, if it shows up at Wal-Mart and is a reasonable price. And here I thought Just Play was done making these.

Good find. Though keep in mind that the quality is all over the place.

Did they come with names?
hah. I know other brushables exist. I just happened to remember Zachele's original desire for normal colored horses when I found these.
I'm really not all that well versed in horse brands other than MLP

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Non MLP horses and dollhouse. So cute!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 07:40:14 AM »
You going to grab any?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:44:21 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
You going to grab any?
I'd like to. The Spirit franchise horses are callig me. I think they would look nice amongst my Little ponies, and have some fun adventures together. But I really need to save my money....

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
Congrats on the Calico Critters house!  They are pricey when they are new!  I had my G4s in mine before I sold it...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »
I found the mare and foal set at walmart. Along with 3 new horses named

Nibbly
Crow
Tambourine.

Lovin the detail on Crow and Tambourine! Got all three. Nibbly is for a friend. Crow for DD.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:39:31 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 08:48:10 PM »
I was tempted for awhile by some of those Spirit horses, but the ones with molded hair. I caved and bought a flocked Junipero from Toys R Us, when everything was like, 70% off. I love his dynamic pose, but the obvious seam down the middle is a turnoff...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 09:09:46 PM »
I was tempted for awhile by some of those Spirit horses, but the ones with molded hair. I caved and bought a flocked Junipero from Toys R Us, when everything was like, 70% off. I love his dynamic pose, but the obvious seam down the middle is a turnoff...

Yeah. A lot of them have problems.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 11:30:29 PM »
Congrats on the Calico Critters house!  They are pricey when they are new!  I had my G4s in mine before I sold it...
I just found it. I think it was $7, plus tax. I didn't buy it, though it really wanted to. I wouldn't have known where to put it, as I said.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 05:22:08 AM »
I just found it. I think it was $7, plus tax. I didn't buy it, though it really wanted to. I wouldn't have known where to put it, as I said.

That's a steal, considering how pricey that brand is.

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »

Well, they vary. Breyer dapples actually have pretty good hair. It's very soft. When it comes to their paint jobs it's not bad but it's not great either.

Breyer ponies are a little different. The paint jobs are great it's just that hair quality is lacking on later models. For the first few years of the line the hair was ok but as the years passed it got worse. At the very end of the line the hair was so bad the tails would fall out instantly. But some ponies were really high quality. The Little Debbie and Northstar ponies were great awesome and didn't suffer from the hair issues of regular breyer ponies.

As for the stripped paint, that happened only on horses that were packaged wearing softer, rubbery bridles. This wasn't the case with most other horses that came packaged wearing stiffer plastic bridles. Paint stripping never happenend with horses that didn't come packaged wearing tack.

And Breyer dapples and ponies paint rubs off like any other Breyer.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »

Well, they vary. Breyer dapples actually have pretty good hair. It's very soft. When it comes to their paint jobs it's not bad but it's not great either.

Breyer ponies are a little different. The paint jobs are great it's just that hair quality is lacking on later models. For the first few years of the line the hair was ok but as the years passed it got worse. At the very end of the line the hair was so bad the tails would fall out instantly. But some ponies were really high quality. The Little Debbie and Northstar ponies were great awesome and didn't suffer from the hair issues of regular breyer ponies.

As for the stripped paint, that happened only on horses that were packaged wearing softer, rubbery bridles. This wasn't the case with most other horses that came packaged wearing stiffer plastic bridles. Paint stripping never happenend with horses that didn't come packaged wearing tack.

I would love to get my hands on Blueberry, Dustin, Raven, Flicka, Oatmeal Cream, the black appaloosa and Berry.

I heard it was a problem with no tail clamps at all. Like Breyer didn't even bother to put them in.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:22:41 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »

I would love to get my hands on Blueberry, Dustin, Raven, Flicka, Oatmeal Cream, the black appaloosa and Berry.

I heard it was a problem with no tail clamps at all. Like Breyer didn't even bother to put them in.

Yeah. Some horses lacked clamps but not all.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal