collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tea?  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Tea?
« on: August 08, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
This is kind of a random topic but since there are members from all over the world here I thought this might be interesting to discuss. Does anyone like tea? If so, what kind do you like?

I like sweetened ice tea but beyond that I don't really bother with black teas. I do however,enjoy herbal teas hot! My favorite is Twinings herbal peppermint but I also really like their honeybush/mandarin flavor. I recently tried the wild berry zinger from Celestial Seasonings and thought it was pretty good-nice for an occasional summer evening. Kind of tempted to try some of the other fruit flavors that they have, like the watermelon/lime one I see on their website.

I drink coffee in the morning as a meal replacement but sometimes I have to skip a day or two because it harsh on my stomach, I enjoy tea as an occasional afternoon or evening drink.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:45:33 PM by Shadoweon »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Tea?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
I love teas. I prefer tea to coffee. I have several favorites:
Jasmine
Lavender honey
Blackberry zinger
Peach
Bengal Spice
Sleepy Time

I would love to try brown rice tea and honeydew and tea with clotted cream.

I have also started drinking nettle for my joints
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
I can't choke down coffee and i adore tea.
My favorites are black and herbal teas, although green tea is starting to grow on me. My absolute favorite is mint tea. I also like blueberry, lemon, earl grey, and whatever one of the celestial seasonings fall teas is...the pumpkin? Or maybe gingerbread..
I don't like teas that feel like they have to be sweet...I don't put sweetener in any of my tea and I don't need it to be sweet.

Post Merge: August 08, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

like the watermelon/lime one I see on their website.
Watermelon lime? I'm looking for that next time I'm out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 07:43:19 PM »
Watermelon/lime? That sounds like it would be delicious cold!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:47:01 PM »
I love chai tea! Or any tea with cinnamon. My favorites are Stash, Twinings and Bigelow. I like some of the Stash herbals tea too, I think apple cinnamon is probably my favorite. I'm not too fond of anything sweet or fruity. Oolong tea is nice hot or cold :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:48:43 PM »
Avid tea drinker here :). There's a running joke about me about being an englishman in my former life. I don't drink coffee at all. I average on 20 cups of black lemon tea a week and then add a cup or two per day of other flavours (at work mostly but also at home). A day off I can easily drink between 8 and 12 cups if I'm just staying at home. I prefer black and green tea, red is ok sometimes, but white taste like a wet rag. No sweetener unless it's Earl Grey, I like a tiny bit of honey there, unless I eat something sweet to it, like a bun or a cookie, than I skip the honey. There is an ice tea i like (lemon of course) but it is so sweet, I can't have it direct from the bottle, it has to be in a glass with lots of ice.

The coffeeshop at the mall I work at has this amazing green tea (ginger and lemon) and black which amongst other things contain licorice. I usually hate licorice but that tea is amazing. It's their own blend and I am so addicted to it, it started to get expensive going there so I bought a whole bag in the end to keep at work and doing the tea myself XD. The coffeeshop also has an amazing ice tea, the only donwide is it's also has elderberry in it and I don't like that flavour at all, but it only comes out in the aftertaste. So at first it's good, then it's bad, lol.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 12:16:36 AM »
I like peach ice tea, which was also at one point in soda(come back ;^;)
Normally it goes in strawberry tea with a "pinch" sugar.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 03:00:39 AM »
I generally horrify the national stereotype xD I am a British person and I hate tea. XD

The silly thing is that I also study Japan, a country equally big on their tea. And I don't like green tea, either.  Which horrified them too when I went over there. "A British person studying Japan and you don't like tea? Any tea? Really?" There are little stores in Saga that give you free tea if you visit, as a courtesy...and it's really hard to figure out if it's ruder to say no thank you or to try and drink it and then lie about the taste.

So yeah. No tea for me. I don't drink coffee either, although I like the smell of that. I'm not really big on hot drinks.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 03:50:17 AM »
I love tea. Most mornings start with a regular black Orange Pekoe. I also have quite the collection from DavidsTea, mostly fruity ones. I really enjoy Rooibos teas.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
I recently got a yixing teapot and since there's not a local tea shop, I get this fancy oolong from the yuppie grocery store. I should probably write down the exact name of it next time I go, because if they don't have it I'm going to be outta luck.  You're supposed to dedicate your yixing teapot to one kind of tea, basically forever so that it absorbs the flavor of that tea.

Mostly I drink whatever's around though.  I'll break out the fancy teapots fairly often, but more often than not I make a really insanely strong black tea, more bitter than coffee, and down that to wake me up in the morning.

Now I know, I know. Tea blasphemy (blasteamy?), but who cares, it's Lipton. And why I don't drink coffee is some kind of weird gut reflex where it makes me wanna throw up.  Psychologically because of some childhood, well I'm not gonna call it trauma because it's too funny to be traumatic. More like my body remembers the event where I took a big old swig of my dad's coffee because I told him I LOOOVEEED it for just long enough to be annoying and he said "here have at it". Baby Scotchie doesn't love coffee.  She definitely doesn't love it all up in her sinuses.  And her body would subconsciously never allow her to drink coffee again by clenching in weird internal places when she tried.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 08:37:27 AM »
I wish I liked tea.  The flavors sound so delicious and it would be so much healthier than the pop I drink for my caffeine fix.  However, I have never found one I like.  It just tastes like wet leaves, like you went out in your yard in the fall and scooped up the fallen leaves for a drink.  I even bought some peppermint and ginger lemon tea at the beginning of my pregnancy for nausea but never got to trying it. 

I do not like coffee either, but love the smell.  Iced tea and green tea does not do it for me either.  My mom really likes green tea but it makes her sick.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
I like tea.  Iced tea in the summer/out for dinner, and Sleepy Time, Constant Comment, or peppermint in the winter.  Occasionally I'll have lavender. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »
I love tea- I always drink English Breakfast or Earl Grey in the morning- and try to stick to less caffeinated teas (any kind any flavor!) in the afternoon.

I will say I am a HUGE fan of fresh fresh tea that they sell at the fancy tea shops - it really is amazingly different.  Such a pain to bag up the loose tea leaves (I am after all quite lazy) -  but wow what a taste difference. When I go back to the pre-packaged teas they sell at the grocery, I can always taste the dust and staleness in them...   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 10:01:04 AM »
It just tastes like wet leaves, like you went out in your yard in the fall and scooped up the fallen leaves for a drink. 

That is such a great description. You are totally right.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »
I don't like tea as much, it NEVER taste what I expect when I smell them :cry:

But I love tea as a dessert, meaning with a lot of milk and honey in it. So for obvious reason, I do prefers black tea. And white ones too.
And I LOVES ice tea, I do them myselves and drink that ALL summer long :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal