collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why is Hasbro no longer capable of selling a figure by itself?  (Read 4941 times)

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Hasbro no longer capable of selling a figure by itself?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2018, 02:08:35 AM »
WELP I'm not sure why, but I'm saddly pretty sure it didn't sell well.
I'm looking a lot in my stores, and the ponies does not sell quick (we still have old old set in stores) and new things are long, long to come. Even the displays have been tinned a lot in most of the stores.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
I got Songbird Serenade in a single pack. I think it might have been a Target exclusive, though. Singles of Soarin' and Big Mac were a nice surprise. I am very frustrated by the hippogriff set, and the seapony queen being packaged with a giant playset.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
I got Songbird Serenade in a single pack. I think it might have been a Target exclusive, though. Singles of Soarin' and Big Mac were a nice surprise. I am very frustrated by the hippogriff set, and the seapony queen being packaged with a giant playset.

I am still chewing chairs over Haven Bay and the fact she was discounted in Walmart in that set in the end but none of them ever got to the UK's Asda chain. Another G4 I'll never get because she's too expensive (on account of the playset release) and never going to show up here anyway...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

I am still chewing chairs over Haven Bay and the fact she was discounted in Walmart in that set in the end but none of them ever got to the UK's Asda chain. Another G4 I'll never get because she's too expensive (on account of the playset release) and never going to show up here anyway...

I'm not pleased about Haven Bay either. And the fact that not one mcdonalds toy had any of the new movie characters, just shows how lazy Hasbro is.

Imagine how pretty, a pearly Haven Bay and Silver Stream would be? :3

Oh well. Least I'm saving money.

The Pearlies and baby merponies at least, were a good set. Heh. The baby merponies are likely the only g4 set that doesn't cram the mane suxx down people's throats.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:14:30 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline strawberrypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »
Same, I got so excited for them to release the hippogriff and seapony queen, and the other seaponies released with the playset. I didnt know they were gonna be the playset at the time so i had been waiting to see them at the store in two packs at least. They were the first new ponies in FOREVER, then when I saw the playset I legit RAN over squealing and the box was MASSIVEE the biggest playset I have ever seen ( l legit have so many mlp castles theres no way I would ever find room for it even if seaponies are my fave, and tbh its not like i would play with it but still GORGEOUS) and I started freaking out so hard until... I saw the price... and realized they only came in that pack... Such a bummer.. BUT this is what ebay is for XD I'll just buy all the ponies separate on there in a few years without having to spend a 100 bucks
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »

The regular single Songbird was a part of Wave 3 of the All About set, so she was available everywhere (or at least would have been if distribution for Waves 3 and 4 wasn't terrible). I got mine at Walmart.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2018, 03:12:29 AM »
I have yet to find any hippogriffs yet, but then again local toystores barely have any mlp things left. hometowns toystore got the blindbag sized ones and mermaid pinkie pie.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »

The regular single Songbird was a part of Wave 3 of the All About set, so she was available everywhere (or at least would have been if distribution for Waves 3 and 4 wasn't terrible). I got mine at Walmart.

Oh, okay! I wasn't sure, since I had never seen her anywhere else. Actually, aside from that one time I found her and bought her, I never saw the singles of her again...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:01 AM »
I've had a similar experience.  I've never seen wave 3 and 4.  The one exception was a single of Songbird Serenade that I found just the once and her bubble was crushed.  I suspect she might have been a return.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
I still look at the ponies every time I go to the store for All About Tempest but I haven't seen her at all. Today the pony shelves were filled with Wave 1 Fluttershy, Big Mac and a couple of other ponies, but no Tempest.  I think the close of Toys R Us means no baby Hippogriffs for me as I haven't seen those either and the pony section is getting very small at my Target and Walmart stores.

The baby seaponies were a great set. :lovey: We had 8 different characters, 4 poses and each one came with 3 accessories That being said I never found Wave 2 in stores and had to order them from the Hasbro Toy Shop.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
I still haven't seen wave 3 or 4 in the UK. Or 1, but I know I missed that one. I found Tempest in Israel at the airport back in May...but not here.

I think baby Hippogriffs only happened in NZ and Singapore.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
I had seen a baby hippogriff in a Belgian supermarket a couple of months ago.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2018, 11:39:04 PM »
With the marketing one character over and over again, they seem to only be marketing to that "first pony" purchase at any given time. A customer's first time ever purchasing a pony.

Which is weird.

Didn't Hasbro kind of indirectly confirm something along those lines? I don't remember when or how (press release, interview, convention?) but I do remember Hasbro stating that it was their intention of having the main characters front and center at all times, available to buy always for those who discover MLP mid-gen via the show. Anything non-mane 6 becomes instantly more relatable when a main character is tied to it. Which is fine, if they would cater to both groups - the potentially new fans and the established fans - by having 2 marketing models instead of alienating one of them.

As for G5, someone here was curious what they would look like: The leaked images would indicate that something very very similar to the Luna/Cadance design will become the standard pony model, set in a world more focused on adventures. If this means that the brushables will again be a little bigger, I'm fine with it :) Let's hope that the faces will be a little more defined this time, instead of flat round balloon-like surface we had in G4. A bit more bone structure showing, like with G1 and G3, would be great!
I for one am excited for that toy fair where a new gen is revealed for the first time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:41:12 PM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »
I can imagine how frustrating that would be.  It wouldn't be worth the money to buy the entire box of ponies if you only wanted a certain one.  I personally haven't bought ponies in stores in a while.  I liked Friendship is Magic pretty much up until Season 3 with a few select episodes I enjoyed in season 3.  For me personally it went downhill from there.  I can't even watch the show now, because it seems it's post MLP The Movie now with characters I'm not familiar with.  I don't have intentions of watching the movie so I would probably be lost.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »
Hasbro has lost me a long time ago doing this stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal