collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 31 ponies (29G1s) in one flea market, I can't breathe. :D [updt : Names listed]  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly what Taffeta said once, Sundance was produced for the European market after the US, at the time where the manufacture was transferred to China (here is the link to the original discussion, it's the 3rd post starting from the bottom of the page)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
If I remember correctly what Taffeta said once, Sundance was produced for the European market after the US, at the time where the manufacture was transferred to China (here is the link to the original discussion, it's the 3rd post starting from the bottom of the page)

Wow, thats an old thread :)

We had Megan & Sundance first in 1986 and then in 1987 whereas the US I think had the original in 1985, the SS in 1986. And all of ours were NC.

We've discussed a lot about Sundance and whether she's Spanish or whether it's something else and we still haven't really come to a conclusion. Her package I think says HK. I don't have my 1986 box here in London but I think it does. She isn't, though :/

So still lots of mysteries O.o.

Manufacturing switched over to China with the Flutters in 1986 and 1987 and after that it's all kind of messy. But the discussion in that thread is a little different in its focus. The Made in China comment was in regards to Lemon Drop's reissue in 1989 which is a lot later than Sundance. So we still have a lot of questions about Sundance. Unfortunately few definitive answers except that in Europe, she always seems to be NC. And I think only the UK had the different outfit, but that doesn't change the NC-ness of the Sundance. (Someone else from the continent can confirm that for sure I expect).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
holy cow! What an amazing find! So jealous.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Amazing! Major Congrats!  :)

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone ! It's nice to see you happy. ^^
Today I made a new pony dealer. :p (A person who's keeping a stand in a flea market who's looking for ponies here and there to sell to me) She told be by e-mail that she had found G1 Sweet Stuff, G3 Sew-and-so and Fluttershy (Kimono pose) and I just brought them home. While I was at our flea market for the meeting, I also found Candy Cane pony Molasses and a Newborn Twin crib. (Nothing else unfortunately, but hey, I only knew it was probably MLP just by looking at it and it was 0.10€ :D )

Sundance is a very peculiar case I see. That's interesting ! That would be great if we'd clear that mystery ! I hope one day we will. ^^
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Oh, RoseNoire - I have only just seen this thread -

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I am so pleased for you! I think all those ponies were waiting for the day that you, as a collector, would be around to give them a new home!  :biggrin: and finding Baby Sapphire too - AWESOME!!!

Pony-planets aligned for you that day  :frolic: :happy:

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Awww, this is so sweet ! Thank you so much Glitterball. :frolic: :hug:
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline soproxicaa

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
Wow what a great find! :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
That's a fantastic set of ponies. Congrats. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
@PoserBeachball : Thank you ! :lovey:

That's awesome!! Congrats for finding her :heart: Thrifting can be such magic, I once found (horrible condition) piggy pony Blue Belle for an euro at a goodwill.
A Piggy in Finland ? Woah, that's amazing ! Congrats, even if it was in horrible condition. ^_^

@NightGliderSA : Thanks ! I'm so happy too. I mean, a jewel pony randomly found in a flea market, what were the odds ? It's so cool !!

@kiwimlp : Absolutely ! :D Coco Berry and Glory are clean and fabulous now (Glory is so white and her mane so smooth !!). Next one are Braided Beauty and my seaponies.(Seaponiiiiies)

Sorry for the late reply but yep. I think I've heard one other collector finding a piggy Butterscotch from a flea market here? Kids or their relatives have probably brought them as souvenirs due to their unusual looks. So basicaly anything is possible, it's just that these miracles such as your amazing pony pile or my Azul Celeste and Regentropfen have very slim chances of happening. ;)

Post Merge: August 16, 2018, 07:20:20 AM

@Safflower : Indeed, she's Baby Sapphire. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her. Is she rare or something ? She was just sitting there around some random antics, she caught my eyes at the last minute, as she was partially concealed behind a plastic bag. Sometimes my eyes impress me. (But at the same time, I find more and more ponies during my double or triple-checks. loll)

16. G1 Sundance (No country, for the 3rd time. Whas is going on with Sundance(s) ?)

Let's just say according to ebay Baby Sapphires sell for 50-150 euros depending on condition.

Also I've understood almost all Sundances sold in Europe are no countrys, many living in european countries have noticed this!  ;)

Yeah, all Sundances are NC in Europe. Hasbro seem to have done that on purpose but goodness only knows why O.o.

Baby Sapphire is an amazing find. Very rare. One of the rarest from the last year of production.

Isn't there sort of a similar thing going on with no country Loving Family ponies? And italian ponies. Though they just were sold aside regular releases in Europe for reasons no-one can make sense of. Oh the mysteries of european pony marketing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:20:20 AM by CinnamonOnions »

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
@soproxicaa and @Ponyfan : Thanks ! You are really sweet.^^
@CinnamonOnions : Yeah, anything is possible, that's great. ^^ I wish I could find French ponies near my border and American ones (So-softs pleaaase) in specific flea markets in my country. Let's hope, those flea markets will come soon enough.

I have one Loving Family mom and I'm sure she has country marks. (HK or China).
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
@soproxicaa and @Ponyfan : Thanks ! You are really sweet.^^
@CinnamonOnions : Yeah, anything is possible, that's great. ^^ I wish I could find French ponies near my border and American ones (So-softs pleaaase) in specific flea markets in my country. Let's hope, those flea markets will come soon enough.

I have one Loving Family mom and I'm sure she has country marks. (HK or China).

Let's hope so! I barely find a pony or two each month or so, but I as well keep dreaming of all the rarer ponies sold here. Thrifting gods, please be kind.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
Congrats! Very good find! :)

Offline Dreamchaser

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Out of that whole lot, all I could see was Baby Sapphire.  Soooo lucky!

Offline Errant_Harpy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
AMAZING find!  Excited to see more pics after cleaning!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal