collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you feel if healthy pony was 30 days long

If its only 1 task awesome
0 (0%)
30 days sounds ok to make a good habit
0 (0%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Time is too short to feel productive
0 (0%)
Please don't change healthy pony.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 01, 2018, 12:04:57 PM

Author Topic: Heathy Pony Focus on One Goal. Check page 22  (Read 64458 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony Buddy System Start Up
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »
When you get inspired, you have to run with it.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
Trying to start early, too. Tried to eat some greek yogurt...can't stand the aftertaste. Not good at all! I'll have to find some other good breakfast foods that don't need much prep outside of sugary cereals.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »
Trying to start early, too. Tried to eat some greek yogurt...can't stand the aftertaste. Not good at all! I'll have to find some other good breakfast foods that don't need much prep outside of sugary cereals.

What about oatmeal?

You can do big batches of old fashioned oatmeal (better than instant), and freeze small portions.

I've been eating an avocado for breakfast. If you have a trader joes near you, they have mini ones! (Sometimes the normal ones are too much, ya know). Downside is that they can be expensive.

Or you can look for a easy meal prep breakfast burrito recipe that fits your tastes. prep in advance and freeze.. pop one out and put in microwave for like 5 minutes. bam. done.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »
Hooray! I think I have the motivation to keep myself organized this time.

What are your dream goals?
1. To get back on track with my healthier eating and exercise. A few years ago I started going to a nutrition clinic and joined a gym. I lost fifty of the 150 pounds I gained when I was very depressed. I’m not saying I’ll drop 100 pounds in three months or even a lot quickly, but I would like to get back on track of working it out.

2. Organization! I let myself fall out of habit some when my depression hit a low point not long ago. I need to reorganize my house and I always keep stuff at work organized. I want to try a different system this year. Again, this will just be making small changes and not huge things in one day.

3. Get back to budgeting and adjust to my new needs. I had a pet with health issues, actually a few this last year since (I take in many animals with genetic issues ) that ran up my credit cards. I want to budget out where I can slowly start paying those down to their normal rates.

What can you accomplish in 3 months?
I think I probably explained more than needs above but let’s see
1. Plan meals and start using a way to record them like Myfitnesspal. Attempt to incorporate more exercise like taking my new husky on walks since she loves them.

2. Organizes the rooms and things in my house in a new way since I want it done and work on making new plans at work. I’m keeping this vague because it’s a big task so unsure how far I’ll get.

3. Budget my expenses and get my credit card paid back down.

Can you handle or would like to have more than one buddy?
I would prefer one but can handle more than one if it’s needed.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:36 AM »
Tailrustedtealeaf for breakfast I get these cookie like things called Belvita or Fiber One. I can eat on the go and I get a variety of flavors so I am not board.

Welcome to the party Maddie. I have to get my post list going so I am on it for the post drawing:)

I am 162 pounds. My first goal is 158. 4 pounds. Simple goal but I have a bonus of trying on close that might fit me. I put the clothes in a special area of the closet so I see it daily and I made it so neat to look at that I hope I can reach the 4 pound lost soon!

I hope I can plant my butt on my piano bench today:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 07:53:45 AM »
You can do big batches of old fashioned oatmeal (better than instant), and freeze small portions.

I've been eating an avocado for breakfast. If you have a trader joes near you, they have mini ones! (Sometimes the normal ones are too much, ya know). Downside is that they can be expensive.
Oo, I didn't think about freezing it!
And mini avocados would be good for toasts, thank you for the reminder!
And Crowning Glory, the cookies are a good idea to just have on hand. I've been relying on protein bars but I'd feel like I ate a better breakfast if I made something myself.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 08:49:41 AM »
I make breakfast sandwiches because I cannot stand oatmeal or greek yogurt or avocados.  :)  It's an afternoon of prep work but it pays off.  I also have a really good recipe for HEALTHY cereal bars rather than pay for all the packaging wrappers in a branded box. 

DH has assembled the first pieces necessary for the bookshelves.  Lots of work!  we have 8 foot ceilings and a wall about 19.5 feet long... I have a sneaky suspicion that I might own more books than will fit... but I'm not telling him that yet LOL

I tried some Spanish yesterday, which actually meant crawling under my desk and untangling cords until I learned why my microphone wasn't working.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 09:16:44 AM »
I make breakfast sandwiches because I cannot stand oatmeal or greek yogurt or avocados.  :)  It's an afternoon of prep work but it pays off.  I also have a really good recipe for HEALTHY cereal bars rather than pay for all the packaging wrappers in a branded box. 

Ooo care to share? P:

I've been making my own energy bars because... I'm poor. lol. Just nuts and dried fruits in the vitamix. Still expensive, but eh. I usually eat them for an afternoon pick me up, rather than a breakfast though

Like this: https://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/29/homemade-cherry-pie-larabars

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »
The homemade cereal bars sound great due share please.

Hard day at work:( I pulled my knitting out...maybe the only thing I feel up to at this time.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
source: https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/09/raspberry-breakfast-bars/

Raspberry Crumb Breakfast Bars
SERVINGS: 12 TO 24, DEPENDING ON HOW YOU CUT THEM TIME: 1 HOUR SOURCE: BAKED: NEW FRONTIERS IN BAKING
FOR THE CRUST AND CRUMB
1 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (190 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 1/4 (120 grams) cups rolled oats
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks, 170 grams) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
FOR THE RASPBERRY FILLING:
1/4 cup (50 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons (15 grams) all-purpose flour
1 pound (455 grams) raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Make the crust and crumb: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch glass or light-colored metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
Put the flour, brown sugar, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse in short bursts until combined. Add the butter and pulse until loose crumbs form.

Reserve 1 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside. (Note: The book suggests you reserve one cup only. My gut told me that was too little, and I upped it. I wanted to make sure the top of the raspberries were mostly covered, at least for packing purposes, and was glad I had changed it.) Pour the rest of the mixture into the prepared pan and use your hans or the back of a large wooden spoon to push the crust into an even layer at the bottom of the pan. The crust should touch the sides of the pan. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let the crust cool. Keep the oven on while you make the raspberry filling.

Make the raspberry filling: In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and flour together. Add the raspberries, lemon juice and butter and use your hands to toss gently until the raspberries are evenly coated.

Assemble and bake the bars: Spread the raspberry filling evenly on top of the cooled crust. Sprinkle the reserved crust mixture evenly on top of the filling.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, rotating the pan every 15 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the filling starts to bubble around the edges.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. The bars can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days.

I freeze them and eat them frozen - so yummy!  Also if you save more crumble for the topping and run it through a blender, it works much more like a cereal bar/fig newton than a streuselly, crumbly-top.  I have also used a number of different substitutions in this recipe, different fruits, whole wheat flour vs. white flour, it seems to be pretty versatile.  I don't know if you can use stevia or honey instead of the brown sugar, though, I think chemistry-wise you need the molasses within the brown sugar to make it set properly.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 03:27:24 PM »
Thank you!!!! I hope to try this!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »
Oh, that recipe sounds delicious! I might have to make some for the week!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »
That sounds really tasty to me
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline scifipony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
Gonna give this a try  :blush:

1. Get myself to eat at least one meal per day; ideally, would like to get to the point of eating three meals a day. Also, need to add more meat to my diet. (doctor's orders)
2. Organize and declutter my house.
3. Get outdoors and get active. Jogging, exercising, walk the dog, whatever.

1. I'm thinking of adding one meal per month. Start the first month with making myself eat one meal per day. Increase to two on the second month, three the third month.
2. I'd like to tackle the rooms in my house one at a time and declutter, clean, and organize each one. I just want a clutter-free home before the holidays.
3. This will be the toughest one as I have no motivation to leave the house. I'm gonna start small and work my way up.

Can you handle or would like to have more than one buddy?
I'd prefer one, but can handle more if it would make things easier for everyone else.

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
1. Reach 20% body fat
2. Have a 3D printing side business
3. Practice cello 3x week and feel comfortable playing in public

1. Recover from my sprained lower back. Things are going to progress SLOWLY until I'm certain I won't have a relapse. I'm definitely working on cleaning up the diet, since that doesn't take too much physical activity.
2. Practice modeling 30 minutes once a week, working my way up to three times a week and printing a new model every other week
3. Practice cello 30 minutes once a week, not including lessons, working the way up to three times a week by the end of the three months

Buddy System questions
1. Can you handle more than one buddy at this time?
Probably not yet, but I can definitely do one!

Post Merge: August 06, 2018, 07:27:10 PM

For prizes, I can contribute a custom cross stitch pony headshot coaster. I have original patterns for the G4 Mane 6 and can do any of the G1, including Twinkle Eyes. If the winner prefers a different G4, I can do up a pattern, but I'll need a reference image. I'm not as familiar with G4 characters.

I am fine with shipping internationally.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:27:10 PM by Shatyr »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal