collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you feel if healthy pony was 30 days long

If its only 1 task awesome
0 (0%)
30 days sounds ok to make a good habit
0 (0%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Time is too short to feel productive
0 (0%)
Please don't change healthy pony.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 01, 2018, 12:04:57 PM

Author Topic: Heathy Pony Focus on One Goal. Check page 22  (Read 64605 times)

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Heathy Pony Focus on One Goal. Check page 22
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2018, 05:25:11 AM »
I'm currently dealing with the worst seasonal depression I've had since being diagnosed. I finally decided pretending I'm a normally functional adult right now is just making things worse, so I've been going to bed way early and eating poorly. The sleep helps but the poor eating does not, so now that I'm ~starting~ to recover, it'll be the same extra sleep and better food.
I’ve only ever had the regular depression diagnosis but I have accidentally figured out (I have a parakeet)  that an “avian sun lamp” bulb… (a kind of full-spectrum light bulb pet stores sell to parrot owners to perk up their parrots)… perks up my own mood and gives me energy. I realized one day I was hogging his light my chair edging out his birdcage and that I’d been more active. :bird:
 That may not be scientific but works for me, it is also a heck of a lot cheaper ($20) than those pricey lights meant to perk up humans and can screw into a regular lamp (totally skip buying their bird floor lamp) a few feet from you. On the downside if I want to sleep in I need to remember now to turn it off the day before... & it will easily give me the pep to stay up until four am if I leave it on too late in the evening the day before…
 I don’t need a doctor to tell me it’s as effective as chocolate but harder to get immune to than my chocolate bars. Sorry that’s a bit ranty but as I know a lot of people who cannot afford the medical lamps for humans thought I’d mention these bulbs exist at your local petstore… and what they are… if any of you look for one (sounds like a lot of us get affected by the winter here) just don’t buy a heat-basking bulb by mistake.

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2018, 06:34:58 AM »
I do have a solar replacement lamp, it mimics the dawn and was maybe $30-40 on Amazon. It helps... a little. This time of the year is hardest for me because that lamp is the closest thing to daylight I get. My desk is located in the middle of the IT floor at work, everyone closes blinds, and the overhead lights + monitor screens do not help at all. I literally get to work before the sun rises and leave shortly after it sets. I've considered getting a smaller light for my desk, but we did have a guy who had one and it was blinding. I'm still not sure how he got anything done. Still, I double the full-spectrum light for anyone else with the SADs.

In other news, I was able to go through a ton of papers last night. I still can't find my registration renewal form, which makes me wonder if it got lost in the mail or something. Once I hit up the DMV (and grovel, please don't make me air-care my car, I drive past the mobile station to work at least twice a week), I'll be picking up Christmas presents, baking cookies, delivering cookies, and then cleaning up after cookies. I'm looking forward to it!

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2018, 06:48:31 AM »
I do have a solar replacement lamp, it mimics the dawn and was maybe $30-40 on Amazon. It helps... a little. This time of the year is hardest for me because that lamp is the closest thing to daylight I get. My desk is located in the middle of the IT floor at work, everyone closes blinds, and the overhead lights + monitor screens do not help at all. I literally get to work before the sun rises and leave shortly after it sets. I've considered getting a smaller light for my desk, but we did have a guy who had one and it was blinding. I'm still not sure how he got anything done. Still, I double the full-spectrum light for anyone else with the SADs.

In other news, I was able to go through a ton of papers last night. I still can't find my registration renewal form, which makes me wonder if it got lost in the mail or something. Once I hit up the DMV (and grovel, please don't make me air-care my car, I drive past the mobile station to work at least twice a week), I'll be picking up Christmas presents, baking cookies, delivering cookies, and then cleaning up after cookies. I'm looking forward to it!
Sounds like serious work & fun, wishing you the latter!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
Yeah I moved my desk into our porch so I can look over the garden and get lots of sunlight.   

we also grow plants indoors so we have lots of those lightbulbs in the right "happy spectrum" and it's totally true, people tend to gather in the rooms with the plant lights LOL
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 22, 2018, 01:46:40 AM »
Just checking in and wanted to say happy holidays to everyone! I'm sorry I've been absolutely terrible at keeping up with healthy pony. I want to give a huge thank you to Prince_Sunbeam for the beautiful card and the fun gifts enclosed--it truly brightened my day and I'm sorry it took me so long to get on here and say thank you!

Crowning_Glory - I'm so sorry your sister-in-law has an inoperable tumor. :( I'm sending lots of good vibes and prayers. You are both in my thoughts.
LBS - So glad you're cough is gone! Sounds like you are doing great accomplishing things! I hope the job hunting will go well.
Shatyr - I'm so sorry about your seasonal depression. I have depression and also eat terribly when depressed. I always feel like it is exhausting pretending so I understand how that can make it feel worse. I'm so glad to hear you are starting to recover.
Ponyfan - congrats on maintaining your Duolingo streak!
Prince_Sunbeam - The gift for your niece sounds awesome! Hope you have a Happy Anniversary on the 23rd!
tailrustedleaf - I always like when I have all the laundry done. Everything being clean and neatly put away just helps! A pony display sounds great! Someday, I would like to make a nice little pony display too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:55:43 AM by CherryTreats »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #365 on: December 22, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »
Happy holidays everyone. Not sure why, but I mo longer get update emails so I get behind. The best part, you all have tried. Taking a step forward is worth it. You may feel sad when you fall back or not make the step, but you reached that step. If you did it once you can do it again and even surpass it!!! Hope to healthy pony starting in Feb. I also have a photo contest I like to do. Just frustrating that I don't get update emails:(
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 26, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »
I too am no longer getting Arena emails C_G, though mine were only for messages- though its especially frustrating to miss messages!

Wellp I made it through Christmas only gaining the weight I knew was inevitable. Im typically on a no/super-low carb diet, which is anti-inflammatory. So whenever I eat carbs I immediately gain a few pounds of water weight. After a few days on my normal eating plan I should be back down to my normal weight! Goal achieved :)
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
I want wish all my Healthy Pony friends a Happy New Year. I am excited about the next round of Healthy Pony. I have an activity tracker that I hope will keep me more motivated. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »
I will be posting a new healthy pony soon. I plan to start up for Feb 1. I still don't get forum updates, so things will change a bit. I am also working on my new photo contest!!! Hope to start before Feburary!!! Some of you know the theme, but is will be "By right I Should Queen" yup all to do with princess ponies. I am very loose on terms so if Tex, Pinkie Pie, or  Big Macintosh is your princess/queen in your herd they are in:) a fun heads up to all my healthy pony peeps.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:34 PM »
Great job everyone. :) I know I crapped out at the end - busy with custom orders from the bazaar, and then right into the holidays. The year has already started off with a sale (came in during dinner on New Year's Day), and there's a potential custom order coming - buyer is thinking on it.

We also decided to take down the spare bed in the office and move my craft table from my craft/pony room into that space, so it's nice and close in the office and I can use it for crafts/business.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
The new round of healthy pony is up. It’s really basic, but I am having communication and funding issues, so I have to keep it simple:)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2019, 05:00:57 PM »
Yay! Im ready to restart  :biggrin:
Back after at least 4 years away!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal