collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: C-015D ? No heart ? White "magnet" ?  (Read 683 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
C-015D ? No heart ? White "magnet" ?
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »
Hey everyone !
I'm full of so many questions right now. I was checking on my ponies for my entertainment and their well-being when I realized something quite odd with my "armies". Ony of my Meadowbrook and one of my Star Swirl are noticeably different and I can't explain why that is.
Even more odd, they are different in the same way : They have no hoof heart, a white "magnet" logo but no magnet inside and the inscription C-015D printed on their front-left hoof.

W-what are those ? ^^' I'm really confused. Does anyone have any information about this "variant". I get they have the same pose, but still...Where do they come from ? Why are they like that ? What does the inscription mean ?

They were found in Europe (Belgium), if that might help. I don't know at that point. Don't mind the "coat color variation" on them, some are just dirtier than others. ^^'

Good old webcam pictures because I'm in a hurry
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hope we can figure this out. =D

Take care !!

Rose.

Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: C-015D ? No heart ? White "magnet" ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
If I remember correctly, at one point Hasbro took the magnets out of the pony hooves because parents were concerned they'd fall out and children might swallow them. (If I have my information wrong someone please feel free to correct me)  I think some ponies were already in production when they decided to stop using magnets so Hasbro included the hoof magnet cover (usually white instead of pink) with no magnet inside before completely switching to ponies that had a magnet/hoof cover.  I think the code is a production code of some kind.  The ones with the pink magnet hoof cover and the magnet inside are first releases and the ones with the white cover/no magnet are reissues.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
Near the end of G3, Hasbro stopped putting magnets in G3s.  But, the mold has an 'empty' space for a magnet that had to be filled by something.  So they took to putting plain 'caps' on the ponies instead.

The black numbers are probably batch numbers or product numbers . . . something like that.

Meadowbrook, specifically, I remember being in a three-pack near the end of the line (with a baby pony and another adult.)  It's likely that it's the same story for Starswirl, Hasbro loved rereleasing ponies during G3.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »
Ooh, I see ! I knew about this story but I thought the only consequence was that they removed the magnet in new molds (Core Pose especially) and not to some kind of re-release of previously existing ponies.
Parents were a little foolish for thinking kids would get a hold on these magnets. I tried when I was little and never managed to remove any with my kid methods. Toddlers were more likely to swallow brushes, combs or breezie tiaras. The only ones really suffering from magnets were cathodic screens. (Sorry dad....My ponies made so pretty rainbows on your screens with their hooves, that was magic to me ! :D )
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »
There's an urban myth that a magnet-hooved MLP made a pacemaker stop, but that was a MYTH!

As you noticed, you can seriously mess up an old TV ............. or a computer hard drive if you stick them directly on it. ;)

Then of course the parental concern that the kid might chew or pry the magnet out. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »
That’s cool! I haven’t seen a Meadowbrook or starswirl with a white cover yet! Like others said, in around 2008, several old releases were sold again, but without magnets and hearts. Sometimes, accessories from playsets pop up with a button on, rather than a heart, and they are from the re releases :) if you got them from the same seller, I’d say that they were from a re release of the cotton candy cafe value pack. It came with cotton candy, sparkleworks, Star swirl and Meadowbrook :)

I have seen cotton candy without her magnet, and she in particular was sold on eBay from China for many many years afterwards, often with thistle whistle from a value pack (no magnet/ heart and blue-er). The code is so,etching to do with production, and most littlest pet shops have them on their mould (one I picked up has C-031G. The Disney ponies have a code too, printed in blue.

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »
I learned something new today!  :P They look so weird with the missing hoof heart.
How many ponies have this? Is it just the handful?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »
Good question!  For being such a recent generation, it can be hard to figure out the details on G3 releases.  It doesn't help that Hasbro rereleased the same ponies so often!

However!  I did find this page, which is very useful as it lists variants of the same pony and their release date:

https://angervosponypages.weebly.com/g3--g35-checklist.html

So, from this I would say your ponies are likely these two:

Meadowbrook - G3 Bonus Ponies (with Cotton Candy Cafe Bonus Pack; pony hasn't magnet)2008
Star Swirl - G3 Bonus Ponies (with Cotton Candy Cafe Bonus Pack; pony hasn't magnet) 2008

It would especially make sense for them to have the same code on their hooves if they both came with the Cotton Candy Cafe.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think the magnets were removed starting in 2008.

There were issues with children swallowing magnets from other products and were seen as a liability. If ingested they can perforate the intestines, go through the lining, and kill people. Magnetix toys (magnetic building sets) were recalled after a child died and 27 others had serious intestinal injuries from swallowing the magnets. So other companies removed small magnets from their products.

I would say another possible magnet swallowing victim could be pets. I have a G3 Coconut Grove I bought used and the poor girl has chew marks on her magnet hoof and that magnet was missing when I bought her.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:04:17 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »
I looked on CPSC's website and found the recall notices for the 2003-2007 era Polly Pocket dolls from Mattel. I think incidents like this and for the Magnetix toys made Hasbro decide to stop using magnets in pony hooves.

Here's part of the recall notices

Polly Pocket dolls and accessories with magnets

Hazard: Tiny magnets inside the dolls and accessories can fall out undetected by parents and caregivers. The magnets can be swallowed, aspirated by young children or placed by a child in their nose or ears. When more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforation, infection or blockage, which can be fatal. Aspiration to the lungs requires immediate surgery. Magnets placed in the nose or ears can cause swelling and be difficult to remove.

Incidents/Injuries: CPSC is aware of 170 reports of the small magnets coming out of these recalled toys. There were three reports of serious injuries to children who swallowed more than one magnet. All three suffered intestinal perforations that required surgery. A 2-year-old child was hospitalized for seven days and a 7-year-old child was hospitalized for 12 days. An 8-year-old child was also hospitalized.

Description: The recalled Polly Pocket play sets contain plastic dolls and accessories that have small magnets. The magnets measure 1/8 inch in diameter and are imbedded in the hands and feet of some dolls, and in the plastic clothing, hair pieces and other accessories to help the pieces attach to the doll or to the doll's house. The model number is printed on the bottom of the largest pieces on some of the play sets. Contact Mattel if you cannot find a model number on your product to determine if it is part of the recall. Polly Pocket magnetic play sets currently on store shelves are not included in this recall.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal