collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Major Mamma Mia Plot Holes? (Please don't read if you haven't seen Mamma Mia 2!)  (Read 467 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
So, I went to see Mamma Mia! Here we go again last Monday with my family and although I really enjoyed it, I noticed some timeline mess ups/plot holes..

(Please don't read this if you haven't seen the new movie or if you love Mamma Mia too much, this is just my brain overworking and I don't want to be responsible for ruining it for anyone...)

Spoiler

1) During the Donna flashbacks where she meets the three musketeers, its dated as 1979, but, the first movie is set in 2008 (I'm just guessing due to the technology) and Sophie tells Bill shes 20. Which means she was born in 1987/88 but the flashbacks put the movie year at 1999/2000.

2) In the second movie during the Sky/Sophie singing scene where Sky is in NY, Sophie has an iPhone (my cousin said it looks like a 8? I have no idea) which places the year as 2017/18. But Sky has an Nokia brick type phone which places the year around 2005ish.

3) Sophie says later on that Cher/Ruby is 25 years late to be her grandmother, which messes up the timeline further. If Sophie is only 25, then the movie is set in 2005, which again doesn't work with the technology.

4) In the first movie when Donna sees the three Muskateers in her goat shed, she sees them all as their past selves where the look like metal-heads (Im sorry i cant think of another way to describe them) and she calls harry, 'Harry Headbanger. In the new movie, they didn't follow through with the vision Donna had, and they just look like normal guys.

I can't think of anymore at the moment, but as i think of them I'll post them here!

I deeply apologise for ruining it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal