collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Last Bronycon -2019  (Read 3874 times)

Offline therainbowtroll

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • FA
The Last Bronycon -2019
« on: August 01, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »
So for those who dont know 2019 will be the last bronycon. Its truely sad news and I for one really wish it wasen't true. I just started going in 2017 so its very frustrating to see it dwindle as soon as I was able to start going.

But anyhow who plans to go? Does anyone want to set up pre-trades, rooming, hang outs here?

What would you want at the last bronycon? Events? People? Merch? What do you want to get out of it?

https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Ponystrange on IG!
    • Tungler
Re: The Last Bronycon -2019
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »
You can bet I'll be there! I've already signed up to be emailed when hotel blocks are ready. I need to go for all four days next year, I've only done one day at a time.
I'll see if I can yank a friend along with me from here, and I'll hopefully meet up with a bunch of net-friends while I'm there. There's a good clump of tumblr friends I hope to meet up with.
I'm cosplaying at least one of the days, and maybe I'll set it up early so I can wear it to the anime convention my friend goes to.
It'll take a few months for my plans to actually solidify, but when it's a bit closer I'll get really into planning.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G1 Haves | Sales/For TradePony Life Wiki | General Discord Server
Steam: lindy hop around the truth! | Switch: Horse / SW-4920-8809-1398 | Cred to SquarePeg for sig, Griffin for avie

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
Ugh don’t remind me... :cry:
I’ll definitely will be there though! I just don’t want to think about it right now...

Offline therainbowtroll

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • FA
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:48:36 AM »
I understand Okami. You have a whole year! Im doodle btw :p made this account before having that name.

I do plan to cosplay for sure! Me and my friend are cooking up ideas for a friend cosplay for a day :) Im also trying to drag my partner to go as well.

I also plan to get a very speical commission :) to make the last one a blast!
https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »
I've already started to make plans. I'll probably end up rooming with the same people as this year. I just hope they don't have some of the good panels overlap each other. And I'm definitely going to try to be at each Hall of Chaos panel. I hope they do one last Bar Trot, too. Granted, I can always just do that myself.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:45:00 AM »
ahhh, I'm debating on going, if I can save up. Haha. I have $40 in splurging money. Not even enough for a plane ticket. >_<
I'd feel weird bunking in a room with perfect strangers. I'm hoping that I can coerce one of my bible study friends who also likes pony to go with.
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:45:31 AM »
     Man I want to go! I’ve wanted to go for so long, and since this is the (heartbreakingly!) last one, I’m going to pull everything I can to ensure I go! Just have to make sure moms not too traumatized after bronycan to take me to bronycon...
     If I went, I’d just want to have fun. I’m hoping some of the animation staff is there. What if Lauren Faust is there?! She’s one of the people I look up to. I’d go for meeting people, merch, just having a blast!
     I wouldn’t mind meeting up with some of you guys over there. I’m quite curious to see who is behind the screen for all the fun we have here. Plot twist: we’re all aliens and show our true forms at the con.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

• MOC Mimic
  • Ponystrange on IG!
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
I’m hoping some of the animation staff is there. What if Lauren Faust is there?!
Oo, I don't think she's attended one yet, but I could be wrong.
The voice actors/tresses are very frequent visitors. I'll have to see who's there to see if they can sign my enterplay cards. There's also lots of comic staff as well.

Steam: lindy hop around the truth! | Switch: Horse / SW-4920-8809-1398 | Cred to SquarePeg for sig, Griffin for avie

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Pink Pony Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
I’m hoping some of the animation staff is there. What if Lauren Faust is there?!
Oo, I don't think she's attended one yet, but I could be wrong.
The voice actors/tresses are very frequent visitors. I'll have to see who's there to see if they can sign my enterplay cards. There's also lots of comic staff as well.

She hasn't  been to Bronycon, but she has been at a couple brony conventions. I saw her at Nightmare Nights last year.

Offline scifipony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »
I'm definitely going! I've never been to a pony convention before (or any convention, technically...) so I really don't want to miss my last chance at attending Bronycon. I've already checked to make sure I can travel most of the distance by train. Haven't figured out any details beyond that yet since a whole year away. I just hope nothing comes up to prevent me from going  :(

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
  • G1 and G3 Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »
Is the brony phenomena pretty much dead is that why it's the last one?

• MOC Mimic
  • Ponystrange on IG!
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
That, and they didn't want to risk having a convention that results in a net loss, which makes sense.
G5 being on the horizon isn't helping the brony fandom at all.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Pink Pony Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 12:39:57 AM »
That, and they didn't want to risk having a convention that results in a net loss, which makes sense.
G5 being on the horizon isn't helping the brony fandom at all.

It has more to do with the Baltimore Convention Center charging so much for the venue that they could only break even if they got over 10,000 attendees. They haven't had that since 2015.

Besides, the fandom's faded but far from dead. It still had about 10x as many people as the Fair had this year, and I don't think this community's dying either.

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 10:22:39 PM »
I'm planning to be there for sure! Good call on signing up for the room block notification, that sounds like the way to go. If folks want to me up and geek out over G1s or trade, I'm down.  :cool:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+220)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 12:47:33 AM »
Ponies are losing there craze or what? I know they were all over the place for a while there!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal