collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re-Released original Transformers movie coming to theaters  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Re-Released original Transformers movie coming to theaters
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
They are just riding the nostalgia wave in preparation for the BB movie. I'd never pay for the first time Hasbro made a bad TF decision.

The 80s movie gets hyped by fans now but it loved killing beloved characters just like the Bay versions and it didn't give a crap about anyone but Optimus' death. Also like the Bay versions. But I'm happy for the Rodimus Prime, Daniel and Wheelie fans :lol:

I like the first movie. Its enjoyable.

Yeah because you are a Gewunner, admit it :lol: and that's why they are re-releasing it. To get Gewunners in the mood for the Bumblebee movie. Not because they want to please TF fans like suggested above.

Just a wee bit. ;) But I like Prime and RiD as well and am looking forward to Cyberverse.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »
This is so cool.  I loved the movie.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to go see it!

Our local theatre does Anime showings here and there.  Last 2 wknds they did Sailor Moon R, S, SS :shocked:  Omg, totally revived my love for SM, lol.  They've also screened Spirited Away :heart:  Super awesome.  The fangirl in me is overly excited and my husband can't comprehend it, lol.  He told me to stay home with my child and just watch it on Amazon :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 01:03:11 PM »
Our local theatre does Anime showings here and there.  Last 2 wknds they did Sailor Moon R, S, SS :shocked:  Omg, totally revived my love for SM, lol.  They've also screened Spirited Away :heart:  Super awesome.  The fangirl in me is overly excited and my husband can't comprehend it, lol.  He told me to stay home with my child and just watch it on Amazon :P

ooooh, I'm so jealous!! I wish we had stuff like that over here :P That sounds so cool!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:46 PM »
I love the first movie, not because it's perfect, but because it was really ambitious.  Yeah, they had the "make room for NEW TOYS" deaths, but at the same time . . . the animation was gorgeous and they believed in their audience's ability to handle some scary situations.  It was imaginative and exciting.  It had a fantastic villain with a transformation sequence to die for.  I wish they'd put half as much effort into the '86 MLP movie.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 06:56:52 AM »
I love the first movie, not because it's perfect, but because it was really ambitious.  Yeah, they had the "make room for NEW TOYS" deaths, but at the same time . . . the animation was gorgeous and they believed in their audience's ability to handle some scary situations.  It was imaginative and exciting.  It had a fantastic villain with a transformation sequence to die for.  I wish they'd put half as much effort into the '86 MLP movie.

I agree with everything but the MLP movie. It's such a fun movie with hilariously zany villains.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
I tried buying tickets at my local theatre but couldn't pick my seat.  Every seat was grayed out.... :blink:???  The other theatre in the neighboring city had no assign seating & transactions can go thru easily.

I can't wait to see TF on big screen :lol:  I watched it when I was really young(4-5?), I couldn't understand why the TF "leader" OP had to die, I cried and cried and cried.  He was the best hero and I absolutely hated Rodimus Prime, he could nvr live up to OP!  Bc I loved OP so much as a kid, the movie still evokes the same feelings-lol. This movie still gets me all choked up, ha ha ha :P. I wish they'd do a marathon while they are at it, why show only TF 1 movie?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »
I tried buying tickets at my local theatre but couldn't pick my seat.  Every seat was grayed out.... :blink:???  The other theatre in the neighboring city had no assign seating & transactions can go thru easily.

I can't wait to see TF on big screen :lol:  I watched it when I was really young(4-5?), I couldn't understand why the TF "leader" OP had to die, I cried and cried and cried.  He was the best hero and I absolutely hated Rodimus Prime, he could nvr live up to OP!  Bc I loved OP so much as a kid, the movie still evokes the same feelings-lol. This movie still gets me all choked up, ha ha ha :P. I wish they'd do a marathon while they are at it, why show only TF 1 movie?

I hope you have an awesome time. Take the kidlet with you. What kid doesn't like butt kicking alien robots on the big screen?  :satisfied:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 07:02:17 PM »
I am actually okay with this being released through Fathom Events like this. To see Sailor Moon R in theaters for that one day release in 2017 my husband and I had to drive 60 miles to the theater where it was playing (and it ended up raining that day). Through Fathom events we were able to travel much closer to home to be able to see Sailor Moon S this summer. Even though I have them on VHS/DVD, it is still fun to go see them on the big screen.

Personally, I think it is nice for fans of all ages that they are doing this. For the original fans it is a chance to either re-watch it on the big screen again, or see it for the first time on the big screen. For those with children of their own now, it is a chance to share with them something from our childhood.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:05:30 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 07:42:31 PM »
I am actually okay with this being released through Fathom Events like this. To see Sailor Moon R in theaters for that one day release in 2017 my husband and I had to drive 60 miles to the theater where it was playing (and it ended up raining that day). Through Fathom events we were able to travel much closer to home to be able to see Sailor Moon S this summer. Even though I have them on VHS/DVD, it is still fun to go see them on the big screen.

Personally, I think it is nice for fans of all ages that they are doing this. For the original fans it is a chance to either re-watch it on the big screen again, or see it for the first time on the big screen. For those with children of their own now, it is a chance to share with them something from our childhood.

:iconclap:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal