collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Set completion- do you collect them all?  (Read 6051 times)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Set completion- do you collect them all?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »
I have both Baby AJ and Baby Blossom from new here in the UK but I'm not aware of any differences on Blossom. EXCEPT that there are 2 versions of Baby Blossom, one darker and one paler purple (the latter fades more easily to grey/beige). But both were here...and it's like Windy, it's just a batch difference.

I have one where the head and body are each different batches of plastic and it drives me up the wall. Its like one was made with the Flatfoot Blossom plastic leftovers, and one was made with the Concave Foot Blossom leftovers. (yeah it's the one in my sig, I ripped her head off looking for a solution).  It makes me sad because I like them both ways.  A faded Blossom is quite pretty!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2018, 12:06:22 PM »
Congrats on your sets!  I wouldn't mind having all the babies and new born twin sets.  But, I don't actively collect.   I do have all of the original collector's pose ponies.  I think that's the only set I've completed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
Absolutely :) Every pony - every set - every accessory (of course)!

Although now as everything is complete...its more about upgrading or "tweaking" lol.

However, when I started collecting I certainly didn't intend to complete everything. I planned to just buy those I liked...and then eventually it was just the sets I liked...before finally it was all the ponies :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
I do I like to complete sets it makes me think I achived something special. I like to complete them alot. I know that means I will have more ponies in the future. Though that seems to be a thing with me. I do upgrade ponies too when I think I need to get a better one. :) I mainly just focus on the sets of G1s. Any other gen I completed its just a bonus.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2018, 08:42:15 AM »

Although now as everything is complete...its more about upgrading or "tweaking" lol.

However, when I started collecting I certainly didn't intend to complete everything. I planned to just buy those I liked...and then eventually it was just the sets I liked...before finally it was all the ponies :)

That is so much MLP :blink: I love the MLP accessories, and that was actually a super fun hunt for me with my collection too! Finding the accessories!! It was especially awesome to get all missing accessories to my childhood Dream Castle for instance :inlove:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
Not a completionist at all!  :nope:

I decided from the very beginning that there were just *way* too many ponies to collect them all and I would just get the ones I really loved (which is still loads, lol!)!

As for favourite set, wow - that's tough! I love all the collector pose ponies, the dream beauties (minus the Trim 'n' Grow ones) and the TE ponies (minus a few) the Peachy, Lemondrop, Cascade and Majesty playset ponies, the second set of unicorns...oh, and the second set of rainbow ponies (minus Pinwheel), and the second lot of TAF ponies and the sweetberry ponies and, and, and....  :P

No piccies at the mo - sorry! ;)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »
Set completion is not my objective, but I find that neat when they are coming together as I find ponies with time. ^^
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2018, 12:26:02 PM »
When it comes to G1 I’m a set completer. I didn’t start that way though. I originally wanted to get the ones I wanted as a child. Then it moved to wanting ponies I liked that I didn’t know about as a child. Then I wanted to start finishing sets that were 1-2 ponies short. That moved to wanting to finish the US/Canada releases. (Just working on some mail orders for that goal.) I also tend to be on the lookout for accessories as well as European ponies now.  I’m sure it will keep expanding from here. I’m also lucky to have started collecting as a teenager in 1999. I found many ponies very cheaply at yard sales and flea markets.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »

That is so much MLP :blink: I love the MLP accessories, and that was actually a super fun hunt for me with my collection too! Finding the accessories!! It was especially awesome to get all missing accessories to my childhood Dream Castle for instance :inlove:

So much MLP...but never too much MLP, right? :P

The sets are so adorable when all together :) I love the Dream Castle - one of the best sets beyound a doubt!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal