collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Clothes for Custom ponies?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline strawberrypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Clothes for Custom ponies?
« on: July 31, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »
Does anyone have any good tips or pointers on how to best sew small pony clothes? Im making a set of customs for a friend and I need to make some jackets and T-shirts. I was going to wing it and make patterns until one worked but I thought I would ask and see if anyone had any tips!  :biggrin: Ive made some small hats for Monster High dolls but never true clothes, and certainly not for ponies. It seems so daunting  :blink: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :hug:
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes for Custom ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »
Take Swedish Tracing paper https://www.amazon.com/Swedish-Tracing-Paper-Sewing-Transfer/dp/B00E3DG2KW, pin it to the ponies (around the ponies, like you would be pinning a garment on yourself) and keep cutting until you have a decent enough pattern.  Test it out with some junk fabric you have laying around and keep tracing that pattern you made with tweaks until you get it.

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »
Does anyone have any good tips or pointers on how to best sew small pony clothes? Im making a set of customs for a friend and I need to make some jackets and T-shirts. I was going to wing it and make patterns until one worked but I thought I would ask and see if anyone had any tips!  :biggrin: Ive made some small hats for Monster High dolls but never true clothes, and certainly not for ponies. It seems so daunting  :blink: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :hug:

If you're trying to sew clothes for G4's, I did post a pattern and tutorial in Arts and Crafts several years ago for a shirt or dress.  That might be a good starting point for what you're trying to do.  :)

G4 Fancy Dress Tutorial!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:31:34 AM »
I reverse engineer from existing G1 clothes for sizing and pin everything on the pony inside out... I've only worked on G1's though...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline strawberrypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »
Take Swedish Tracing paper https://www.amazon.com/Swedish-Tracing-Paper-Sewing-Transfer/dp/B00E3DG2KW, pin it to the ponies (around the ponies, like you would be pinning a garment on yourself) and keep cutting until you have a decent enough pattern.  Test it out with some junk fabric you have laying around and keep tracing that pattern you made with tweaks until you get it.

Thats such a good idea thank you!  :shocked:  I actually have some tracing paper really similar to that I'll definitely give it a try ❤ 

If you're trying to sew clothes for G4's, I did post a pattern and tutorial in Arts and Crafts several years ago for a shirt or dress.  That might be a good starting point for what you're trying to do.  :)

G4 Fancy Dress Tutorial!

This combined with the tip above is perfect thank you very much! Im actually customizing g3 ponies, but your tutorial really helps with pattern planning :D

I reverse engineer from existing G1 clothes for sizing and pin everything on the pony inside out... I've only worked on G1's though...

Ooo! This never even occurred to me, Im customizing g3s and those are most similar to g1 in terms of size. I have some g3 outfits I could use as reference for the sleeves thank you! ❤
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal