collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor with G1 Comparison  (Read 8275 times)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor with G1 Comparison
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »
Thank you so much for putting together this comparison guide!  Being stuck in Australia means that none of these 35th Anniversary products have been sold in stores here, so I've been relying on the internet to keep me updated. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:54 PM »
I really wish they had included the name cards for the other ponies too.   Especially, because they just made all of them...  Also, don't mind that they used Custard's mold, but wish they would've added her stripes.  Otherwise,  I like it.  I hope it is not as fragile as the original though given the fact that it broke so easily.

I thought the lack of name cards was also interesting since they were all just released. I will admit as a kid I did not have any of the ponies that matched the name cards so I never used them. Reusing Custard's mold I am okay with, I understand that as a cost saving move on their part, but I do wish it had the stripes. I unboxed everything else first and looked at the cats last so I was actually very surprised it didn't.

My G1 pretty parlor is still in one piece with the exception of the door being off the hinges. I do have a small concern that the new one may not hold the test of time in regards to the hinges. I carefully popped it together to take pictures and then I very carefully popped it back apart and boxed it back up for now except for Peachy, she went to live with the other reissues.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 03:51:17 AM »
Maybe they didn't release it with name tags because they got confused about how many potential name tags there are. Someone mentioned the photo looked like the tags they had were European or UK, not the US ones for the CP set, maybe they didn't want to do tags for ponies they weren't going to release or didn't know about yet. And in the broadest sense, there are SO MANY tags across different places for this parlour, right up to 1987 range of characters (including Mountain Boys here)...so I can see why they kept it simple.

It comes with Peachy, so Peachy is enough :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
I found the Pretty Parlor at Target today on the same endcap as the retro Rainbow ponies.

I also think the other name cards weren’t included either to keep production costs lower or because Bridge Direct thought that it would be too complicated to include different tags for each release. Do many of the G1 tags still exsist or were they something that got easily torn/broken?

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:24:01 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:07 PM »
I think they were easily lost, being cardboard.

There's a picture of a Bridge Direct display, from 2018 Toy Fair I believe, that shows an original(?) Pretty Parlor with original name tags (DEFINITELY original, they were all beat up) and the tags were actually some of the Euro ones--for Posey and some other ponies that never got tags in the US.

Which raises the interesting possibility that TBD might have thought all Pretty Parlors came with those tags, and therefore didn't make them because what's the point of making a "Posey" tag when Posey isn't available?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 05:54:48 PM »
WOW! That is so close to the original one!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
I think they were easily lost, being cardboard.

There's a picture of a Bridge Direct display, from 2018 Toy Fair I believe, that shows an original(?) Pretty Parlor with original name tags (DEFINITELY original, they were all beat up) and the tags were actually some of the Euro ones--for Posey and some other ponies that never got tags in the US.

Which raises the interesting possibility that TBD might have thought all Pretty Parlors came with those tags, and therefore didn't make them because what's the point of making a "Posey" tag when Posey isn't available?

That's an interesting idea  :ohyeah: I can see Bridge Direct becoming easily confused over which tags to include (especially ones for ponies that they might not be considering for reproduction right now.

Even as careful as I was with my toys I lost some of the party pack birthday party invitations. It sounds like the Pretty Parlor tags are made of the same cardboard as the Baby Bonnet dance signs. I know mine got messed up just putting them in/taking them out of the plastic sign so I can see how the Pretty Parlor tags got torn easily.

I love how the new Pretty Parlor has the 35th anniversary logo on the front of the box.

Ponyfan

Offline Magicharp

• Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
I just ordered the Pretty Parlor and 35th Anniversary version of Cotton Candy today. Now all that's there for me to do is just wait a few days for the two to arrive. Then I'll see what they are really like. You know, I would be thrilled if the series include the re-release of the Show Stable and the original Pegasus and Unicorn ponies and the Dream Castle. 
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2018, 06:03:18 AM »
Oh wow!! thanks you all for the pics!! so cute !! so happy and excited to see it in real here in France!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
I found the Pretty Parlor at Target today on the same endcap as the retro Rainbow ponies.

I also think the other name cards weren’t included either to keep production costs lower or because Bridge Direct thought that it would be too complicated to include different tags for each release. Do many of the G1 tags still exsist or were they something that got easily torn/broken?

Ponyfan

Ponyfan that pic deserves a thread of its own, seriously.

Can all G1 collectors take a moment and realize that there are actual boxed G1s sold in stores right now? Even though these photos are from the other side of the planet, I'm still finding it surreal!

We need a topic for pictures like this to document their return.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Fantastic comparison pictures :) Thank you so much for sharing these.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »
Wow, what a nice comparison! Alt. Twinkles aside, why did they feel the need to change the clovers art?

you have such a good eye! i didnt notice that until after you said it. That is a very odd decision, indeed.

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
They used an earlier draft of the art.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
I'm glad you like my pic Gizmo. :) Finding G1s again in the stores is great and I got really excited when I saw the 35th anniversary Pretty Parlor on the shelves.  I noticed today that my Target actually has the Pretty Parlor  in the spot with a price tag that says $39.99 even though the correct price and tag are on the shelf below.

Ponyfan

Offline Magicharp

• Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
This is fantastic!! I love the new version of the Pretty Parlor. Oh, how I hope Bridge Direct can do the Show Stable, The Dream Castle, and the original Pegasus and Unicorn ponies as well! 
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal