collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: North American Exlusives?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: North American Exlusives?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 02:13:33 AM »
That sounds like passing the buck to me.
:nope:

Regardless, the rest of Taffeta's post is on point.  There's just so many more North American ponies due to original production numbers that it's not as hard for those outside the US / Canada to get ahold of them versus obtaining non-NA ponies for us.  What any individual trade partner needs is going to vary a fair bit. 

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 02:37:46 AM »
I agree, unfortunately its not quite as simple as just identifying exclusives. There are so many of what we would think are North American exclusives that got random releases here and there outside NA. Australia and NZ are the biggest issue - they got so many releases from so many places that they almost prevent anything being NA exclusive. In addition different countries had random mail orders, club orders or even "end of line" sales that introduce unexpected ponies to different regions.

Don't work to the basis that you will need to have exclusives to trade with other exclusives. Especially when you are looking across generations. Not everyone collects every gen and therefore you may find people in Europe with G2s who are happy to trade for an equal value (rather than an equally exclusive) pony :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 04:46:26 AM »
The advice you got from Taffeta and Hathorcat sounds really good, and your best option IMO.

I don’t know anything about G2s but I did a quick search on local Scandinavian BST sites, and found the following G2s in lots that doesn’t come from collectors(making it more likely, if not for certain, that the ponies were actually sold in Scandinavia).
- Magic motion Ivy (looks like the first edition of her)
- Morning Glory and Baby Dew
-Baby Swirly
- Princess Crystal
- Prince Clever Clover
- Royal Masquerade Sky Skimmer
- Bright green one w/color palette as symbol (couldn’t find her name)
- one bright pink and one orange baby pony (couldn’t find their names)

There were many others as well, but I didn’t have time to check them all ;) However, I hope this give you an indication of what sets were sold in Scandinavia. Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:57:18 AM by katrine2309 »
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal