collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check on a G1 flutter pony sticker (Puffy)  (Read 495 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Price check on a G1 flutter pony sticker (Puffy)
« on: July 26, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »
So the last time I asked one of these questions nobody replied so I am not overly confident of getting advice this time either - but I'm going to try :)

I recently (by recently, read 3 months ago xD) acquired some pony stuff which included a Lily puffy sticker. This is the sticker that came with the pony in the UK.

It isn't on its original back though it is complete. It also has some damage to the front - it hasn't come apart but there is a crack across the bottom and part of the front is loose.

(No pictures yet as I am in London).

I also have a Baby Half Note puffy sticker not on its original back but I think the disc is undamaged on that one and it is intact.

Does anyone have any trade or sale advice on these? I know neither of them are super expensive stickers but they are both I think UK exclusive ones so I am not sure how to proceed?

I would of course love to trade them for like, but that seems unlikely. There are many semi-common puffy UK stickers I am still seeking and I am not overly fussy on condition, so a good trade value estimate would really help on these...

Additionally, I have a loose Baby Half Note (regular eye version) in my trade box as well. Would it be better to sell her with her sticker together or separately??

Thank you anyone who can advise!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: Price check on a G1 flutter pony sticker (Puffy)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 04:23:05 AM »
I had some puffy flutter stickers price checked a few years ago at £15-20. They are mint though. So maybe £10 for one that isn’t on its backing and has a crack?

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 05:35:07 AM »
I collect puffy stickers :) I have two puffy flutters, Peach Blossom and Morning Glory. I tried to dig up my purchase history from ebay, but they deleted it as it is a couple of years ago. I think 15-20£ for a mint on original backing should be fairly correct price for them, though. Depending on the backing it is on now, around 10£ sounds about right to me for a flutter puffy off its original backing and eith damage.

I’m not sure about Half-note as I never looked for hers. If the sticker is intact though, it will be more than the flitter one. She isn’t exactly a common find either.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:37:56 AM by katrine2309 »
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 02:12:22 AM »
That's interesting. Thanks guys. I am home at the moment so I will try to look both out and check them. Both are on plain white paper I think.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 02:46:27 AM »
Half Notes is a much harder find...but the Flutters are more sought after. The price on puffys has certainly dropped a little from where they used to be but for a puffy Flutter not on own backing I think £15-18 sounds a good bet; so with the damage £10 sounds fair. As soon as they miss their backing and have damage they do drop rather dramatically in price.

Which version of Half Note is it? Aqua or purple eyes? They are not super hard to find I suppose so I don't think they will add significantly to the value of the puffy. You wont get people just wanting the pony bidding as it will go too high for them; and in turn the people who want the puffy will mostly already have the pony. If you want to sell the pony, its a nice addition to sell them together but I dont think combining them will necessarily increase the price you would get for them separately. The puffy should be £18-20
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 04:00:02 AM »

Which version of Half Note is it? Aqua or purple eyes? They are not super hard to find I suppose so I don't think they will add significantly to the value of the puffy. You wont get people just wanting the pony bidding as it will go too high for them; and in turn the people who want the puffy will mostly already have the pony. If you want to sell the pony, its a nice addition to sell them together but I dont think combining them will necessarily increase the price you would get for them separately. The puffy should be £18-20

*nods in agreement* I have more than once bought the extra pony just to get the sticker, but it is annoying as I need to deal with re-selling the pony. In my experience adding the pony rarely puts up the value overall.

Edit: But if you want a quick sale it might be easier- as puffy collectors are not overly common.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:01:36 AM by katrine2309 »

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 04:31:51 AM »
She's the aqua eyed version, which I know is more common.

In terms of selling her, I think probably there's a better market for her in N.America where the regular eye version was only MO and is harder to find, not so much in Europe where she was fairly standard. Because the sticker is also UK I just wondered if putting them together had any benefit, but it sounds as though not. I'll probably keep them separate.

Lily's sticker is also on a white backing with uneven edges. I have found that one, just need to find the other and I'll take some good photos. I need most of the Flutter stickers (I think I only have Peach Blossom, Rosedust, Tropical Breeze and Lily, I may have a very damaged Honeysuckle disc as well) so it would be nice to trade it for one of the others (I imagine 2nd set are more rare though).

Hathorcat, do you think that maybe Half Note's sticker could be a good trade option for sticker like Hopscotch? She's the only one from that set I don't have the sticker for...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 05:07:06 AM »

Hathorcat, do you think that maybe Half Note's sticker could be a good trade option for sticker like Hopscotch? She's the only one from that set I don't have the sticker for...

I have no idea if it is a good trade of course, but just wanted to say “weee!”. That baby set is my fav set, and I’m currently looking for all of their puffies. It is a little off topic of course, but I’ve never seen them all. If you have any pics I would love to see them  :lookround:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 05:09:22 AM »
I  meant adult Hopscotch. Baby doesn't have one :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 05:22:47 AM »
I do always think higher level accessories which a smaller number of collectors are interested in - are always better trade-fodder than sales :P Mainly as it can be a very limited audience willing to spend what they are worth and if you catch it at the wrong time, getting the right value is hard.

It obviously wont be as fast a process as a sale but if you have something you are looking for which is very hard to find and you have something equally hard to find - I would try a trade first. I know that's what I am about to do with a lot of my extras.

As for value to value - that set of Hopscotch, etc have their stickers come up less and are probably one of the more sought after so I am not sure if a straight swap will be equal value but it may depend on how perfect you want Hopscotch's sticker to be.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
I  meant adult Hopscotch. Baby doesn't have one :)

Oh, now I was super excited that there might have been something I missed (which seems to happen to me all the time!). No wonder I never seen them then :lol: It would have been amazing if that set came with puffies though ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal