collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 1087 times)

Offline strawberrypony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Hello again!
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:10:08 AM »
Hello my fellow pony lovers! <3 Its been years since I had an account here and I'm finally returning! I hope to keep this account this time and contribute to the arena.  :biggrin: Hmm an introduction about me.. I love every generation of pony and collect them all. G1 is probably my favorite along with G2 then G3, I just recently got my first SweetHeart Sister ponies and baby G2s, im so hyped. I have several G1 ponies in the process of being restored, the poor things, I rescued about 20 that were in horrible condition and they were treated for all sorts of things now but have been successfully cleaned inside and now time to clean the outside.   :blink: I thought maybe I could help other people who are also restoring ponies and ask questions of my own  :)

Thank you for letting me join the arena once more <3
:hope: ponies make for a happy day

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello again!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
Welcome back to the Arena! Were the ponies you got rusty? I hate cleaning out rusty/gunky insides... so gross and time consuming! I look forward to seeing you around, welcome back home!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline strawberrypony

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »
Welcome back to the Arena! Were the ponies you got rusty? I hate cleaning out rusty/gunky insides... so gross and time consuming! I look forward to seeing you around, welcome back home!

Thank you so much! ❤ The tails were horribly rusty as well as the inner plastic surrounding them, but what was worse was the insides of the ponies were SOLID black with mildew it was awful. I'll post progress pictures eventually!  :)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:48:52 AM »

Thank you so much! ❤ The tails were horribly rusty as well as the inner plastic surrounding them, but what was worse was the insides of the ponies were SOLID black with mildew it was awful. I'll post progress pictures eventually!  :)
Eww! Thankfully I havent had to deal with much mold but I can imagine how gross that was >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) One of the Mods might be able to get your old account back up and running.

Offline strawberrypony

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) One of the Mods might be able to get your old account back up and running.

Thank you very much!  :P and they tried but its lost to the void haha oh well  :lol:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 11:51:15 AM »
Welcome! Oh, so good that you rescued the ponies! Seems like they came to the best place for them ;) I have (luckily) never had to clean out a pony like that- but I am pondering the state of one little baby Firefly who I suspects have a lot of gunk inside... I just need to brace myself for opening her up :lookround:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline strawberrypony

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 12:54:15 PM »
Welcome! Oh, so good that you rescued the ponies! Seems like they came to the best place for them ;) I have (luckily) never had to clean out a pony like that- but I am pondering the state of one little baby Firefly who I suspects have a lot of gunk inside... I just need to brace myself for opening her up :lookround:

Oh my goodness! What a coincidence the worst pony in my haul was a baby firefly as well! :blink: :lol: I filled her with dawn and scrubbed the inside of her with a toothbrush really well and shes squeaky clean!  :biggrin: That should definitely work for you too, its awfully icky but very much worth the effort <3 I used some cotton swabs for the inside bottoms of her feet in the places the toothbrush couldnt reach. Good luck with your little baby firefly!  :biggrin:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »

Oh my goodness! What a coincidence the worst pony in my haul was a baby firefly as well! :blink: :lol: I filled her with dawn and scrubbed the inside of her with a toothbrush really well and shes squeaky clean!  :biggrin: That should definitely work for you too, its awfully icky but very much worth the effort <3 I used some cotton swabs for the inside bottoms of her feet in the places the toothbrush couldnt reach. Good luck with your little baby firefly!  :biggrin:

Haha- well, firefly is a daredevil so she obviously get more dirty than the rest :lol: Thanks for the advice- I will definitely keep that in mind when I brace myself for opening her up :P
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal