collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline scifipony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:51:05 PM »
Hello! I'm a 23 year old from the US midwest and work as a freelance writer and artist. My dream is to someday be an animator.

I grew up during the early days of G3 and had a small but well-loved collection. Being a stereotypical tomboy, though, I quickly decided that ponies were "too girly" for me and switched to collecting things like Star Trek and Star Wars. Years later, I decided to give "Friendship is Magic" a try (mostly because of Discord being played by one of my favorite Trek actors) and was immediately hooked. I've been very involved in the FiM/G4 fandom for several years now, but only recently decided to take a look at some of the stuff that came before it. I was surprised to find that the G1 and G3 cartoons are considerably more entertaining than I remembered them being. Plus, the toys from those gens are so adorable!

So, now I'm once again collecting ponies. Mostly G3, but a few of my favorite G1 and G4 ponies as well. I didn't realize there were so many other collectors -- especially of the older gens -- until discovering this forum. I look forward to meeting other pony fans and hopefully learning a few tips and tricks when it comes to customizing and caring for my new pony collection.

Have a wonderful day!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 07:41:28 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I love how Q voices Discord! And yes, there are quite a few of us :satisfied: You should check out the Customs board too :) I look forward to seeing you around here, have fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:24:09 PM »
Welcomeeeee.

I too was a tomboy...the way I rectified it was my G1s lived at Skeletor's Snake Mountain. :D

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:26:57 PM »
Hello! Yes, there are quite a lot of collectors. Welcome to our herd of pony loving folk. You want to be an animator? Oh my goodness me too! Do you have a favourite program for drawing/animating? Personally, I use blender 3d and animate for animation, and do my drawings on paper. Oh! Speaking of drawing, we love to gaze upon our friends artwork. You’re already a friend! So if you want, why not put some in the art corral?
Anyway, I hope to see you around sometime!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 12:00:29 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I hope you have an amazing time exploring the forum :)

Offline scifipony

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 02:10:39 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! I love how Q voices Discord! And yes, there are quite a few of us :satisfied: You should check out the Customs board too :) I look forward to seeing you around here, have fun!
Thank you so much!  :biggrin:

I too was a tomboy...the way I rectified it was my G1s lived at Skeletor's Snake Mountain. :D
Lol, I remember doing something similar to that with my furbies. Combining play sets was always so much fun.

You want to be an animator? Oh my goodness me too! Do you have a favourite program for drawing/animating? Personally, I use blender 3d and animate for animation, and do my drawings on paper. Oh! Speaking of drawing, we love to gaze upon our friends artwork. You’re already a friend! So if you want, why not put some in the art corral?
Anyway, I hope to see you around sometime!
Thank you so much!  :good: I'm still completely new to animating, so I haven't experimented with very many programs yet. Right now, I'm using Toon Boom and I'm thinking of giving Moho a try soon. For drawing, I love Medibang because the layering system is so easy to work with. Also, I enjoy doing comics, and Medibang is great for that. Thanks so much for the welcome and hope you have a great day!

Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I hope you have an amazing time exploring the forum :)
Thank you!   :biggrin:

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 05:10:19 AM »
Welcome, fellow MLP/Trek/Wars lover!  Always great to have another sci-fi fan around  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) Yes there are a lot of pony collectors out there! :)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Welcome! And yes, there are a bunch of older MLP collectors too :) I guess some of us never really grows up- and that is just so much fun! Embrace the inner child and all that :P

Hope you’ll enjoy it here!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal