collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Baby Starflower

have her
20 (58.8%)
want her
8 (23.5%)
army
1 (2.9%)
I'll pass
4 (11.8%)
new to me
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: July 29, 2018, 05:32:30 AM

Author Topic: POTD 7/24/18 Baby Starflower  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: POTD 7/24/18 Baby Starflower
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I see the Starlight and Sparkle babies as different pony sets. Yeah, they have a common creative base but they have different names and different gimmicks, so they're not the same pony to me...

In any case, I have this one I think. Or no, I think Naynie has her. I know a store round here which also has her MOC but too expensive and I'm not that fussed :)

I don't really like the Sparkle Babies that much. Starflower & North Star have too similar colour schemes. They don't really stand out that much on their own, their names are repeated as well. And unlike adult sparkle ponies, they have no tinsel in their hair.

If we are doing a comparison, I like Starlight Babies better. But I don't see these as variants of each other. Different sets on the same theme.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 01:43:53 AM »
Yay for Sparkly Ponies! She is not one of my favourites though. And I don't like that she has no Mommy Pony. I prefer the baby ponies in my herd to have matching mommies. Because babies should not be all alone you know.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 05:26:50 AM »
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I see the Starlight and Sparkle babies as different pony sets. Yeah, they have a common creative base but they have different names and different gimmicks, so they're not the same pony to me...

In any case, I have this one I think. Or no, I think Naynie has her. I know a store round here which also has her MOC but too expensive and I'm not that fussed :)

I don't really like the Sparkle Babies that much. Starflower & North Star have too similar colour schemes. They don't really stand out that much on their own, their names are repeated as well. And unlike adult sparkle ponies, they have no tinsel in their hair.

If we are doing a comparison, I like Starlight Babies better. But I don't see these as variants of each other. Different sets on the same theme.

I see them as separate sets as well...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 07:00:00 AM »
I see them as sister/alternate sets. Same colors and symbols, different names (which happens between US and UK) and different gimmick (like how some ponies can be released as a SS or TAF and still be the same pony). I like both sets but only really want Baby Nightsong.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
I see them as sister/alternate sets. Same colors and symbols, different names (which happens between US and UK) and different gimmick (like how some ponies can be released as a SS or TAF and still be the same pony). I like both sets but only really want Baby Nightsong.

I just hate when people call the Starlight Babies as UK variants of the Sparkles (eg UK baby Firefly variant). I think they can be seen as relatives, but they're not variants of each other. They're different sets. I feel like Hasbro did some pictures and then US Hasbro went one way and Europe went another way with the production decisions.

Chrissytree will tell you that the white one is probably Stella. The problem is that in the comics, the white one is Night Song and the coral one is Stella. And back when the naming stuff happened on ID sites (and I am guilty here), there were no MOC examples and so I went with the comic as I'd never had any cause to doubt it.

But most MOC examples NOW call the white one Stella and the coral one Night Song. It seems so entrenched that by now it's kind of settled in the community which way around they are, so changing it seems like it might cause mass confusion...

But yeah. It's probably my bad if in fact we've spent 20 years calling Night Song Stella and Stella, Night Song.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 06:46:18 PM »

Here's mine but someone cut her tail and gave her a buzzcut (She came to me this way.  I need an upgrade.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »
I didn't really look at the MOC examples on the mlp wiki but I just looked at them and the white one is indeed Stella. Luckily I only heard of her this year so it's no big deal. I just want that pretty white one. White hair on a white pony is just so pretty to me.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 08:15:32 AM »
I have her, although in my head I call her Stella like her Starlight counterpart. It irrationally irks me that the Sparkle babies have recycled names, so to me they're Stella, Mischief, Explorer, and Polaris (because the white Starlight baby is the One True Nightsong lol).

I just want that pretty white one. White hair on a white pony is just so pretty to me.

I couldn't agree more, but Nightsong Stella Nightsong has pink hair like her Sparkle counterpart. Although if you prefer her with faded hair, I don't blame you. ;)

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »
Faded, yes, just like my Yumyum, though the pink is cute too, but I couldn't display her if she has intact fading pink hair.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 10:10:51 AM »
I so want her, to go along with my Starlight on so that they can be sisters

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »
I'm so confused nowx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »
one of my favorite set. I honestly after my god years of collecting don't understand the confusion....of course nightsong is white n Stella is pinkish... maybe there were differ names outside of the English language but as long as Hasbro went in English this was the case. I also have several variations of them as I said it's a beloved set. as they went moc with English backcard they goes by nightsong for the white and Stella for the other. 

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal