collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My sister turned me into a coffee drinker  (Read 1939 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
My sister turned me into a coffee drinker
« on: July 23, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »
I've always preferred tea to coffee as far as hot beverages go. I especially like chai tea! My sister is the coffee drinker of the family so my mom had gotten her a Keurig a few months ago. She's been trying different coffees and always offers a cup to everyone. Usually I decline... but she found some Starbucks on sale and I decided to have one. It was so incredibly good :shocked:

It was the first Starbucks anything I've ever had and I guess they became a famous chain for a reason :lol: So anyway, we drank through the box in just a few days (I think there was like 16 cups in it?) and I'm having a craving for more :P It's so expensive though! It'll definitely have to be a only-on-sale type of thing. But now every other coffee tastes bad, haha.

What's your favorite coffee if you drink it? Is there anything cheaper that's comparable to Starbucks? It was a "bright" flavored Breakfast Blend. Something better than Starbucks?! My friend hates the stuff, but what he recommended was called Killer Coffee or something which sounds way too strong for me :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: My sister turned me into a coffee drinker
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »
I prefer tea and will only have iced coffee/iced capps from time to time.  Theres a crazy popular chain up here and throughout some of the northern parts ont he US--Tim Hortons--that is our go to :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »
I mostly drink tea at home because for some reason, when I make hot coffee in the french press - even after it's been taken apart and cleaned to within an inch of its very existence - it's always too acidic and my stomach hurts afterwards. I do really like making cold brewed coffee, though - that's a lot gentler and I can drink it 'til the cows come home without feeling rough afterwards. I do all that with supermarket own-brand grounds, there's a good variety available and it tastes good - Viennese style coffee is especially good! I really love terrible vending machine coffee as well - something about it just chills me out in a weird way. I am the ultimate coffee philistine! :lol:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
I do like Starbucks lattes and that's as close as I get to coffee.  Though, I've been told by my coffee connoisseur friends that it isn't "real" coffee.   :P

After that, I prefer green and herbal teas.  I'm doing my best to stay away from sodas.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
I like both. Prefer tea more, but a nice, hot, sweet coffee on a cold morning is good.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:30:21 AM »
I prefer tea and will only have iced coffee/iced capps from time to time.  Theres a crazy popular chain up here and throughout some of the northern parts ont he US--Tim Hortons--that is our go to :)

We just got a Tim Horton’s near us in the UK, it’s great!

I drink both but I have a coffee every morning. We use Nespresso - you can get Starbucks pods for that which are really good.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 08:49:38 AM »
I like the smell of various coffees but that is about it, not found of the drink itself.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 09:52:55 AM »
I do enjoy the smell, but I can't stand the drink itself.  It's nice to hear that you've been able to enjoy at least one variety, I do sort of like I'm missing out on something because everyone else just enjoys coffee so much.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
I still love my chai tea. I had some last night.

She went to Publix today and they had Dunkin Donuts coffee pods on sale, but it's not as good as the Starbucks. There's a bitterness to it I don't like.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
BWAHAHAHA welcome to the dark side.  I love coffee!  I probably drink about 6 cups a day.  Oh and I was a barista for about a year and that job was seriously FUN. 

Starbucks' roast gives it an oily bitter flavor that I don't like much.  It's one of those brands that you love or hate.  I love their white chocolate mocha though!

Right now we drink a LOT of fair trade coffee.  I grind the beans before I brew and add a tiny bit of salt (it helps the bitterness and acidity).

I think the brand we have in the kitchen right now is Kicking Horse Coffee but I also have a stash of butterscotch flavoured coffee in my freezer MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My downstairs neighbor loves iced capps, so I told him I would mix up a batch of it.  Crazy that he would spend $5 on basically $0.75 worth of product.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
BWAHAHAHA welcome to the dark side.  I love coffee!  I probably drink about 6 cups a day.  Oh and I was a barista for about a year and that job was seriously FUN. 

Starbucks' roast gives it an oily bitter flavor that I don't like much.  It's one of those brands that you love or hate.  I love their white chocolate mocha though!

Right now we drink a LOT of fair trade coffee.  I grind the beans before I brew and add a tiny bit of salt (it helps the bitterness and acidity).

I think the brand we have in the kitchen right now is Kicking Horse Coffee but I also have a stash of butterscotch flavoured coffee in my freezer MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My downstairs neighbor loves iced capps, so I told him I would mix up a batch of it.  Crazy that he would spend $5 on basically $0.75 worth of product.

Where do you get butterscotch? It sounds divine.  :dribble:  :happy:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
Starbucks is overpriced flavoured milkshakes. I recommend buying a cheap filter coffee machine and invest the Starbucks money in mild fair trade blends you then brew yourself.
This way you can add the spices, sugar or milk you want. I would rec brands but I use one that's regional. Just don't buy Kopi Luwak or those plastic capsule things :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »
Starbucks is overpriced flavoured milkshakes. I recommend buying a cheap filter coffee machine and invest the Starbucks money in mild fair trade blends you then brew yourself.
This way you can add the spices, sugar or milk you want. I would rec brands but I use one that's regional. Just don't buy Kopi Luwak or those plastic capsule things :P

:lmao:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »

I don't drink it that much to do all that :lol: The k-cups are recyclable here :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal