collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 spoiler discussion (w/ talk about toy potential)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Season 9 spoiler discussion (w/ talk about toy potential)
« on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
  All Readers Be Warned!  Spoilers Ahead!
(And I find it silly to have to use spoiler tags in a thread clearly labeled for spoilers.  So if you don't want to know any spoilers, this is not the thread for you.)

I haven't been keeping up with spoilers for the show but when I heard there where going to be Kiriin...well, I couldn't help it.

I found this recording of a song shown at SDCC

https://youtu.be/WOmxVHukd9M

So first impressions,  I really like the overall design.  Though I would have preferred the single backwards curved horn to the branched horn.

And look at their queen!  Clearly Majesty inspired!

But it really annoys me how no species in G4 is allowed to have cutie marks but the basic 3.  The kirins are now the absolutely closest in design to ponies and they still don't get symbols :/

I still hope though that we get some Kirin toys!

So, since I've already started on the spoilers, I might as well hear the rest.  So feel free to post and discuss your spoilers here.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 spoiler discussion (w/ talk about toy potential)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »
I don't hae hope that we'll get kirin toys we didn't get yaks, new changelings, or new griffons. We never got Ursas, chimeras, no Pear Butter and Bright Mac...
My hopes for anything worthwhile coming out in this possible last season are very low. I'm going to wait for g5..
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:20:08 AM »
I don't hae hope that we'll get kirin toys we didn't get yaks, new changelings, or new griffons. We never got Ursas, chimeras, no Pear Butter and Bright Mac...
My hopes for anything worthwhile coming out in this possible last season are very low. I'm going to wait for g5..

I am actually surprised we never got Ursas.  Would have been cool.  Guess I'll have to sculpt some.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »

I am actually surprised we never got Ursas.  Would have been cool.  Guess I'll have to sculpt some.
Hasbro's other IP, Moon Dreamers, had them. Don't know why they couldn't recycle them for FiM
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:23 AM »
We did get Hippogriffs though so there is a little room for hope :)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
My first impression is disappointment.
The reason?

They used the normal pony base for the Kirins.. You know what that means right? If they do make Kirins into toys they will used the normal pony base and just paint the details like the scales :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
My first impression is disappointment.
The reason?

They used the normal pony base for the Kirins.. You know what that means right? If they do make Kirins into toys they will used the normal pony base and just paint the details like the scales :(
Ugh, same. This bugs me.
The song is ridiculously cute, though. I love the bounciness of it all and this character feels very fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »
I'm having a great laugh at the Phantom part of the song.  :)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
Personally, I have mixed feelings about the Kirin. I like the idea and the look has some pleasing qualities. But I want hasbro to play this out right. In other words, give us good toys of them! Not earth ponies with painted scales, you cheapskates! Give us the goods!
     But the song does sound interesting. I think this character is going to be a kind of favourite. She looks kinda cute and seems very bouncy and funny. What caught my eye was how the Kirin changed appearance from ‘woodland pony-thing’ to ‘spawn of evil with flaming hair’ deal. It will be interesting to see how the Kirin work. I think they might be a source of powerful magic. If rumours are right, and we’re getting a showdown against ram mcgruff grogar the mighty himself, the Kirin might be a sort of ally against him, like the flutterponies against the smoose sort of deal.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal