collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 80's ponies  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 80's ponies
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
Yes, the names listed by Trail are in order. None of the ponies you have are rare, but some of them are uncommon and more desirable.  Least valuable are Sundance (third pony - white with pink hair, four hearts in a geometric pattern/circle symbol) and Lily (sixth pony - pink with purple hair, wing mechanisim on back, flowers/plant symbol).   Starshine (fourth, pegasus - white with rainbow hair, glittery sun symbol) is also fairly common but if her symbols are in perfect shape she can still fetch a good price.  Most are in the 3-10$ range of value.  The best of the lot would be Tassles (second pony - teal, magenta hair, 3d carousel/blanket type symbol) and the set of twins.

Please be VERY CAREFUL when cleaning up ponies.  You can easily end up causing damage and devaluing them if you end up taking off any paint and glitter symbols like Starshine's are fragile.  Do not soak - if you get water inside they can rust or grow mould, and should not be shipped wet.  The best thing is to wipe them down with a wet cloth and a bit of mild dish soap.  I'd leave any more intense cleaning to the future owner. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 01:14:01 PM »
And absolutely no removezit or like products for mark removal. I forget the actual brand names and chemical name, but it's best not to use chemicals on pony plastic unless you are absolutely sure it isn't harmful to the colour.

I personally would begin with soap and water on the surface dirt before you move onto anything else. A lot of pony dirt will come off with soap and gentle warm water. Anything beyond there maybe the magic eraser.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
And absolutely no removezit or like products for mark removal. I forget the actual brand names and chemical name, but it's best not to use chemicals on pony plastic unless you are absolutely sure it isn't harmful to the colour.
Benyzol Peroxide is the chemical name, I don't know about brands though.

Others have offered great restoration advice :) Good luck!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »
Please be VERY CAREFUL when cleaning up ponies.  You can easily end up causing damage and devaluing them if you end up taking off any paint and glitter symbols like Starshine's are fragile.

Oh yes, this too! Glittery symbols especially need to be handled with care!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 07:31:25 AM »
Oops didn't see page 2. Nevermind.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal