collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot!! I’m scared!!  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot!! I’m scared!!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 01:49:07 AM »
I agree Snorkmaiden, those last few seasons of Angel were so bad!

As long as it’s a new story that builds on the original series I’ll be ok...not a whole rehash of what is already a great series. I’ll be really bored if I have to sit through 7 ‘new’ seasons of the same storylines!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 10:43:51 AM »
Oh I agree, Angel was bad at the end.  But I did love the first season.  I didn't fight demons, but I did work at a start-up at the time and related to Cordelia's woes.   I hated what became of the show.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:23:22 PM »
Season 4 of Angel is bad, I agree.  Starts out okay and ends with a bang, but I have a hard time getting through a large chunk in the middle of it.

But Season 5 of Angel is brilliant.  I love that they flipped the premise of the show on its head, having Angel & co. take over Wolfram & Hart....

Spoiler
In fact, the finale of Season 2 of Luke Cage pulled an almost identical move, with Mariah leaving Luke in charge of Harlem's Paradise, to try to fight crime from within the corrupt organization.

There are so many amazing episodes: "Harm's Way" "Life of the Party", "Smile Time", and pretty much anything to do with Fred/Illyria.    And it has Spike! :) 

And don't get me wrong, Buffy is far from perfect as it is.  We are currently rewatching it for the 5th or 6th time, haha, and we're on Season 6 at the moment.  My husband really struggles with this season and how much "melodrama" it has, but even he admits that *most* of the episodes, even the ones that don't work as well plot-wise, still have good dialogue and really nice character moments. 

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 04:05:17 AM »
I have up watching Angel after the baby was born and things just got a bit weird. I might give it another go if it gets better after that!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:31:12 AM by Noasar »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
Taking a pass on the re-boot. I like to leave a good show as is. Angel I didn't get into as much. Buffy I honestly stopped watching after a few years (and if I remember correctly it was on cable and I couldn't watch because we went to antenna only...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 01:18:48 PM »
I have up watching Angel after the baby was born and things just got a bit weird. I might give it another go if it gets better after that!

It depends on what you're into. There are two major things I disliked about the later seasons of "Angel":

- The overall atmosphere became very dark, and there was virtually no reprive. One of the things I adored about "Buffy" is that even when it was very dark, there were still moments that were cute or tender or funny, moments that gave the viewer a bit of breathing space. "Angel" didn't have that anymore.

- Some episodes in the later seasons, especially in season 5, were very gory, and that's something I just can't stand.

I appreciate that different people like different things, so you might just want to give it a go and see how you like it. If I were to rewatch "Angel", I'd probably just watch the first two seasons, which had some great moments.

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 04:22:33 AM »
Has everyone heard the latest news? It's going to be a continuation in the same world as Buffy, where we could maybe get appearances from characters we know, or mentions at least. One of the head show runners was saying about it on Facebook to calm everyone down. I'm looking forward to where it could go.

Oh I agree, Angel was bad at the end.  But I did love the first season.  I didn't fight demons, but I did work at a start-up at the time and related to Cordelia's woes.   I hated what became of the show.

Season 4 of Angel was pretty bad due to re-writes and other issues. Season 5 was one of, if not the best season I think. We got some of the all time best episodes out of Buffy or Angel such as Smile Time. It really got struck down as it was going somewhere great!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 09:01:06 AM »
Has everyone heard the latest news? It's going to be a continuation in the same world as Buffy, where we could maybe get appearances from characters we know, or mentions at least. One of the head show runners was saying about it on Facebook to calm everyone down.

No way, that’s great news! I’m so glad they’re continuing the story on!

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
I wold like to like it but I don't thin I will. For me Buffy is part of my youth in a nostalgic kind of way. I don't just like the script and characters but a big part of it for me is that Buffy was set during the years when I was a teenager. I re-watch shows like Buffy, Gilmore Girls and Dawson's Creek and can still relate even though I'm not 16 any more because the shows were made at a time when I was. The clothes, hair, cultural references, I remember all of it. A revamp of Buffy would be set in present day and at 35 I don't think I could relate to a 16 year old Buffy in a present day high school.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal