collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EG promo  (Read 914 times)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
EG promo
« on: July 20, 2018, 06:11:13 AM »
So, hit or miss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwSdaoLt42U
There's definitely something in the idea of getting a stylist on board, and promoting the dolls with fashion advice, but it feels like they didn't take it all the way or kept it too safe? I dunno, it doesn't really wow me.

Also, +1 million views in 1 day? Yah, sure....

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: EG promo
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »
I think the new face molds make the dolls look much more mature, like they're in their 20s.  On the one hand I do actually prefer that because in the 'pony' show it is apparent they are all young adults.  Applejack is in charge of the farm, Rarity has her own business, Twilight has already graduated from the equivalent of pony college, etc.

But it is a little odd since in the EQG they are all in high school, and the new dolls look too old for that?  But then again that is also the case with Disney's Descendants, now that I think about it.  I guess realism is not the appeal or else there would be a lot of dolls with zits, LOL.

As far as the new fashions go, they don't wow me but they are sooo much better than the fashions they've previously been doing, which were just a hot mess.  Tights with different leg colors??  It's not the 90s.  (And the worst part was on a lot of dolls they weren't 'real' tights, they gave them two different colors LEGS!  So dumb to do that on a fashion doll, which should look good in many different outfits.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
This is like showing a polyvore cosplay/disneybounding board but in video format. It's harmless and not noteworthy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 04:36:47 PM »
1,200,000 views in a day
Only 140 likes.
Seems Legit.
Nice going Hasbro- nothing says professional like buying your views.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »
Well, if the live action Jem movie is to be believed that means someone will now enter the fashion designer into a lucrative singing contract.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
Yeah those are definitely not real views....

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
I think the new face molds make the dolls look much more mature, like they're in their 20s.
From the front, maybe, but from the side they have flat faces XD Or I should say their heads are flatter than they should be.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Goanna

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »
1,200,000 views in a day
Only 140 likes.
Seems Legit.
Nice going Hasbro- nothing says professional like buying your views.

For some reason this totally cracks me up :lol: Just the idea of a company buying so many views for a silly 40 second clip :lol: Oh, Hasbro

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »
I think the new face molds make the dolls look much more mature, like they're in their 20s.
From the front, maybe, but from the side they have flat faces XD Or I should say their heads are flatter than they should be.

Yes! I can't get used to their profile view. The previous version of the dolls had the same issue. The reason behind it is a mystery; is it to save space in the box, to save on plastic,..?

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »
To me if you're going to try to promote your toy as being a 'fashion' doll, you should really be considering making more 'fashions' for the dolls, other than the doll having the outfit it's dressed in.

The whole point to being a fashion doll is to have more outfits than dolls.

SO I still don't get the video in terms of the promotion. Hay buy our dolls, they come with one outfit each that they are wearing...yay fashion??
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 07:17:03 AM »
"Fashion personalities" :lol: So this line finally turned from "identify with these characters" into "try to look like these characters". No 6 year old needs to be ~fashion conscious.

Post Merge: July 21, 2018, 07:17:57 AM

To me if you're going to try to promote your toy as being a 'fashion' doll, you should really be considering making more 'fashions' for the dolls, other than the doll having the outfit it's dressed in.

MTE

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:23 AM »
Yeah, they should have more outfits, sold separately like Barbie used to (or does?) have.

The thing is . . . do MLPs even make good fashion dolls? I mean, each one is a different primary color (except Rarity).  Not exactly a blank slate.  There are going to be outfits that don't look good on Twilight Sparkle simply because she is purple, or that don't look good on Applejack because she is orange.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 07:31:38 AM »

:') Ahaha. So true.

Pfft. I don't know. I'm not a tween, and I never cared about fashion (even as a tween). So... ??? I really have no opinion.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 07:45:34 AM »
I'm one of those MLP people who also likes dolls. So I've collected dolls probably as long as ponies.

Even if Pinkie Pie is pink it doesn't mean she can't wear or potentially have more outfits. I just think it's a shame that fashion dolls nowdays consist of a bunch of dolls and a 'tiny' bit of extra outfits. At least I can say Barbie seems to be 'trying' to get back to that but still the amount of dolls outweighs the outfit choices - pretty much to get a variety of outfits you've got to buy all the dolls.

For me fashion dolls should consist of more outfits in a line or at least have 'extra' outfits to buy for the dolls.

I just don't get Hasbro trying to seemingly promote this as 'fashion' when the dolls come in an outfit but as far as having more options, there is zero unless you buy another doll and change the outfit.

Which is part of the marketing plan, clearly they want you to buy all the dolls. I get it.

However, even if you have all the dolls the fashion options are still limited to what the dolls came in when you first bought them all...still gets boring IMO.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 07:52:21 AM »

:') Ahaha. So true.

Pfft. I don't know. I'm not a tween, and I never cared about fashion (even as a tween). So... ??? I really have no opinion.

I don't know a single tween who likes these. I know they are targeted towards older kids than FiM but the fanbase seems to have an age group reverse where children are into EgQ while older girls create FiM fanarts on tumblr and try to style themselves like they imagine the ponies would do, not the EqGs that are completely rigid and childish in their fashion choices.
Like, the FiM Rarity is ironically more of a fashionista than her doll counterpart. The EqG Rarity only dresses color coded purple, blue or white while the pony version has a really varied wardrobe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal