collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "The Toys That Made Us”. Even more Interviews  (Read 22089 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: "The Toys That Made Us" interviews Bonnie, Summer, and more!
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2018, 02:07:06 PM »
*wiggles*  So glad the show is embracing the original G1 so much.  Of course they would have to, because without G1, there would be no G4 and Lauren Faust would have just have had to contend with "improving" some other CalArts animated show... ;) She is married to the creator of Powerpuff Girls, after all! 

Didn't it used to be a rumor/story that the Power Puff Girls where named for MLP?  Seems it might be true since Faust has said in a panel before that she owned Bubbles as a child.

I'm reasonably confident that's just a coincidence. Lauren and Craig met through PPG, so I don't think she had anything to do with naming them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2018, 11:23:41 PM »
The show just posted the following on Facebook!

CALLING ALL COLLECTORS!
How would you like to have your collection featured on an episode of #TTTMU?? We're on the hunt for some killer collections for the upcoming season, and we want to see what you guys can bring to the table! If you're interested in having your prized possessions seen, send us photos and a description of your collection to [email protected]

We are looking for the following collections:
- My Little Pony
- WWE (Wresting)
- TMNT
- Power Rangers

BRING ON THE TOYS! #TTTMU3

NICE!

You know, they showed some amusing bootleg Star Wars toys on the Star Wars episode.  (Like a knock off labeled "Star Warts", lol.)  I think I'll email them a picture of Princess Rinse 'n Spit . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »
Star Warts! XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: \"The Toys That Made Us\" interviews Bonnie, Summer, and more!
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »
Does anyone still own that Fakie called Demon Donkey?  That would be hilarious to see!

Post Merge: August 18, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

The ultra talented Andrea Hollis! She was one of the sculptors for the first generation of My Little Pony!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:35:17 PM by Sunset »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
So is MLP featured on this show now or is it coming soon?  I'm glad that Summer's on there though because she will give a proper opinion about classic MLP collectors.  By proper you don't get someone who mainly collects G4 and believes anything before G4 is garbage and they give their false opinion about what G1's and G3's were all about.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So is MLP featured on this show now or is it coming soon?  I'm glad that Summer's on there though because she will give a proper opinion about classic MLP collectors.  By proper you don't get someone who mainly collects G4 and believes anything before G4 is garbage and they give their false opinion about what G1's and G3's were all about.

The mlp episode will be in season 3 which isn’t out yet but will probably be released sometime before the end of the year.  The show actually doesn’t spend much time interviewing fans.  It primarily focuses on the ins and outs of the actual toy business.  All of the interviews that we know about thus far are actual people involved with the brand, including 2 designers and 2 sculptors who worked on g1.  Summer is the only exception so far but she has plenty of reasons why she would be included as more than just the average fan.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Did you see one of the comments on that Instagram post with Faust "MLP owes a lot to Faust" lololololol haha

Right...

Did they do any interviews with G2 and G3 designers?

This! I want to see ALL generations of MLP discussed. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Did you see one of the comments on that Instagram post with Faust "MLP owes a lot to Faust" lololololol haha

Right...

Agree. Unfortunately she will doubtless be involved in this project somewhere. I don't know whether she did or did not make the statements about G1 attributed to her, but she hasn't done anything to dispel them, thus I cannot respect her or consider her a genuine fan of G1. It has nothing even to do with G4, I'm fine about that being involved...but someone involved in FIM which also involved creating misapprehensions about G1? Has no place in a show about real MLP for me I'm afraid.

I have no issue with G4 ponies but for me FIM has damaged MLP and its possibilities of being reinvented or completely fresh and new in the future if rebooted. And that's kind of hard to forgive. I'm not going so far as to say Faust ruined MLP. But FIM - and hasbro's obsession with mane 6 - has.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
From my experience with MLP, FiM brought the franchise back into relevancy with a wider audience. Faust is from an era that brought MLP back into the limelight. There is more of a hype now from people of all ages about MLP than what there was in the entirety of the 80s.

I don't know how there could be myths about toys that are meant for a child to project themselves or their imaginations onto; where they rename, recolor, re-gender, turn into monsters or heroes, etc, but anyone who used their My Little Pony figures to enact fantastical stories obviously knew how to use them. No one needed the cartoon or package backcard stories to do that.

The toys of MLP made me because it encouraged my imagination in my own little world, not because the world told me how to use them. I do not mind that Faust's name comes up because she's part of MLP's legacy.

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I don't know whether she did or did not make the statements about G1 attributed to her, but she hasn't done anything to dispel them, thus I cannot respect her or consider her a genuine fan of G1. It has nothing even to do with G4, I'm fine about that being involved...but someone involved in FIM which also involved creating misapprehensions about G1? Has no place in a show about real MLP for me I'm afraid.

You have to keep in mind...before she was the series bible creator for FiM, Lauren Faust was just a nostalgic hungry vintage pony collector like the rest of us.  Whether you agree with her methods, or disagree with them, deciding whether or not someone is a "true fan" or not in that way isn't helping either.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I don't know whether she did or did not make the statements about G1 attributed to her, but she hasn't done anything to dispel them, thus I cannot respect her or consider her a genuine fan of G1. It has nothing even to do with G4, I'm fine about that being involved...but someone involved in FIM which also involved creating misapprehensions about G1? Has no place in a show about real MLP for me I'm afraid.

You have to keep in mind...before she was the series bible creator for FiM, Lauren Faust was just a nostalgic hungry vintage pony collector like the rest of us.  Whether you agree with her methods, or disagree with them, deciding whether or not someone is a "true fan" or not in that way isn't helping either.

I agree.
If someone played with ponies as a kid, and still cherishes those memories today-- they are a fan.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
I think this is a good enough reason to try and get some good photos of my main display. I am not looking forward to the dusting, or the editing.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

Right...

I have no issue with G4 ponies but for me FIM has damaged MLP and its possibilities of being reinvented or completely fresh and new in the future if rebooted. And that's kind of hard to forgive. I'm not going so far as to say Faust ruined MLP. But FIM - and hasbro's obsession with mane 6 - has.

Hasbro was looking to have a core cast since near the end of G3. It was just FIM that caught on with the audience so they of course want to stick with that lineup since it works.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Oh wow, that sounds so fun!! I wonder what they need collection photos for, filler? eye-catching slideshows? That sounds cool!! :frolic:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

I agree.
If someone played with ponies as a kid, and still cherishes those memories today-- they are a fan.

I need to speak up on Lauren's behalf.

I introduced her to Bonnie, and you can't fake the emotion she showed in that moment. That day she had a My Pretty Pony, with its box, and hoped I could help her get Bonnie to sign it. You can't fake how genuine she was about it. I handed her tissues during the Creators Panel when she told Bonnie how much My Little Pony meant to her.

2 years later at EQLA 2017, she had worked a long day, and had signed a lot of autographs and met a lot of fans, and at 10 PM she still wanted to go leave the convention venue to see my pony room instead of go home. She couldn't have faked the joy and enthusiasm for the collection as a whole and mostly for the rare G1s I have, and as it was just the 2 of us she had no reason to.

She's the real deal, guys.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal