collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "The Toys That Made Us”. Even more Interviews  (Read 22291 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "The Toys That Made Us”. Even more Interviews
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
The Facebook page just posted a gif of the Flutter ponies along with the caption

“#HappyWednesday! We hope you're hump day is as happy as these ponies careening through rainbows! Who's your favorite #MLP?? 🦄🌈 #TTTMU3”

Did they really say "you're" instead of "your"?
Hasbro...

It was the Toys That Made Us post not Hasbro’s.  Hasbro gets blamed for a lot but I don’t think this one’s their fault.

I didn't blame them :lol: I assumed this was on Hasbro's Facebook because they post more about 80s ponies right now.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »
I'll say it again, I'm not even that big on G3s but if the episode does not give G3 proper credit then it's worthless.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I definitely won't view it as 'worthless' if they thoroughly cover G1, regardless of what else they do or don't cover.  :)  The Transformers episode skipped a lot of generations and it was still great.  Though personally I suspect G3 will be covered.  They covered "The New He-Man" from the 90s, and that was the flash of an eye!

Incidentally, just because they interview people doesn't mean all of them will be in the show.  They interviewed Michael Bay and his segments weren't used at all.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »
They interviewed Michael Bay and his segments weren't used at all.

And nothing of value was lost.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2018, 03:18:16 PM »
:lmao:

Spoiler
But seriously yeah.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
I'll say it again, I'm not even that big on G3s but if the episode does not give G3 proper credit then it's worthless.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I definitely won't view it as 'worthless' if they thoroughly cover G1, regardless of what else they do or don't cover.  :)  The Transformers episode skipped a lot of generations and it was still great.  Though personally I suspect G3 will be covered.  They covered "The New He-Man" from the 90s, and that was the flash of an eye!

Incidentally, just because they interview people doesn't mean all of them will be in the show.  They interviewed Michael Bay and his segments weren't used at all.

In that one interview with the creator of the show he refused to say who had been interviewed because he said they had pushback when not everyone they had interviewed ended up in the show.  Which is interesting considering how many people have been posted on Facebook.

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
This is so cool! I so wish I could set my collection up again, all on display.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »
IMO there is no point in interviewing VAs like Tara Strong, etc. as they have nothing to do with either the toys or even the conception of the brand's media.

They have included voice actors in the series from other franchises like Peter Cullen who voices Optimus Prime.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2018, 03:01:29 PM »
IMO there is no point in interviewing VAs like Tara Strong, etc. as they have nothing to do with either the toys or even the conception of the brand's media.

They have included voice actors in the series from other franchises like Peter Cullen who voices Optimus Prime.

Peter Cullen voiced the original Optimus as well as several other incarnations of the character. He is mostly known for being Optimus, so it made sense they asked him about the character.

Kelly Sheridan voices ponies since Tales. She was G1 Melody and she is Starlight Glimmer in FiM. She's also been Barbie's voice for years and has always performed the singing of her characters herself.
Tabitha St. Germain, Andrea Libman and Kathleen Barr have been voicing ponies since the G3 specials, Tabitha being G3 fan fave Minty.

I would enjoy seeing them say a few things about MLP.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal