collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 1702 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re-introduction
« on: July 19, 2018, 03:37:52 AM »
It's been so long since I have been here I feel like I need to reintroduce myself.

I had a rough last couple years.  I had to take a couple years to myself because I suffered some extremely traumatic experiences.

On top of grad school and my own health.  I lost 3 beloved horses. One gruesomely. My Colt atlas just a baby only two I raised from 4 months to a very tragic ice storm incident that he died in my arms after both of us suffering in subzero temperatures and his face was so badly damaged I won't describe it.  We still dont know what happened but somehow a gate was left open or he possibly was led out intentionally after a gate was broken open.. and he fell through an ice sheet and hit in the face I'm still not over this... It was extremely traumatic for me. He suffered greatly though I was with him when I got the call..and died in my arms. I feel guilty still and am in therapy over it but it was very difficult for me to even look at ponies for a long time without crying..   and I still had horses. Then I had to put my beloved elderly mare renny down after I feel she just held on for me after we lost him.  Then I adopted a little blind mare raven.  That year after we lost Atlas and I put Ren Ren  down.  I was asked by a rescue locally to come look Because I was an open home...
I fell in love with a little blind tiny mare named raven . And unbeknownst to myself and even the rescue I adopted her from.. the literal acid the previous owners threw in her actual face because people can be cruel
Awful things it left a latent infection in her brain just behind her eyes.. the vets didn't detect. And so 4 months into me adopting her she laid down and died during the day of my last final exam

I could not look at toys I could not muster up any energy to sell trade or buy..I just couldn't.   That and I myself was just coming out of having grand maul seizures the year I lost Atlas and renny.  Both years.   I haven't had one since. But I after everything.  I could not handle collecting selling or trading.   

I am now in a better place and am going into the third year soon of my double master's degrees.  And I think I'm ready to start getting back into hobbies I enjoy.  Both buying selling and trading.  ☺️🙂.   
And I did take on another bebe an araloosa I named Hunter.    He's my current baby.      It's been tough but I am coping.  He would have ended up in slaughter pipeline otherwise and I was contacted by my group to go get him.     I dont regret it for a second. He's an amazing addition to my family. Horses are just hard. Then you look at ponies and it. Makes it so hard when you lose one and they all remind you of them.  😢
If anyone remembers me yes i still have the same preferences ha 🤣

I mostly collect G1 ponies.
And I am trying to complete my mountain boys. And boys in general.  Green ponies yellows and obcure weird 90s ponies    I do have rare ponies such as Mimic And ice crystal red roses etc. So I'm still narrowing down.

I collect g2s  too but I  only some. I have baby starsworl and Christmas baby.y childhood nightstar.   A few others.  I want more babies though. 

G3s I want more birthflowers and I'm still missing a few Xmas ones and Euro ones.  And slhs.  Like carribean delight.    Etc

I love any and all minty realllllly.  And Christmas ponies don't know why,🤣😂😆

I also collect Id any of you remember me. Kenner littlest pet shop, sailor moon ( especially Pegasus or chibi moon Merch) cute pokemon. Obscure 90s stuffed animals like Kitty kittens. And others. 

But for now that's what I'll write.  ☺️
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:52:48 AM by babylicketysplit »
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »
Welcome back to the Arena! I'm sorry to hear all you've went through :hug: I look forward to seeing you around, glad you're back home :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »
*many hugs* welcome back!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 10:40:08 AM »
Oh hun!  *huge hugs*  Take it easy <3  Nice to see you around ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
Welcome back! :hug:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 08:26:11 AM »
Welcome back! Lots of :hug:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 06:53:12 PM »
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear that you went threw all of that! :(

Happy to see you back! :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 01:25:35 AM »
:hug:  Welcome back :)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 05:26:29 AM »
Welcome back!  Gosh, you've been through so much, I'm so sorry for all of the pain you've gone through and for the tragic losses of your beloved horses.  I have the strongest impulse to just give you the biggest hug, but sadly I can't.  Cannot imagine what you've been going through, you poor thing  :hug:

But it's so wonderful to hear that you're starting to feel strong enough that you can start getting involved in activities you used to enjoy from before.  I hope that you can find some of the joy you used to know when you were collecting and selling, and hopefully you find yourself enjoying being on the forums again.   We're glad you've been able to come back and hope that you can stick around  ^.^

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
Sorry for all you had to go through. Life can be so rough and unfair sometimes *hugs*

And welcome back to the arena!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal