collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ugh... replacing the eye crystals.  (Read 522 times)

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
ugh... replacing the eye crystals.
« on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:49 AM »
So about the only thing that I have found that is comparable to what Hasbro used is Swarovski crystal elements, and that seems too chintzy for these ponies.

Anyone have anything better in mind with their specifically used colors? Just curious.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ugh... replacing the eye crystals.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »
The My Little Pony Preservation Project recommends Swarovski, I'm not sure if you might have visited the website? http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/symbols.html#G2

One does also get glass crystals in similar sizes and various colours that do not sparkle as much as Swarovski. We get them in South Africa so I am sure you will be able to track them down. There are even plastic 'crystals', but I personally would not recommend them as they are pretty dull in comparison and might become scratched over time as well.

I hope that this helps, good luck!

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
Re: ugh... replacing the eye crystals.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
The My Little Pony Preservation Project recommends Swarovski, I'm not sure if you might have visited the website? http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/symbols.html#G2

One does also get glass crystals in similar sizes and various colours that do not sparkle as much as Swarovski. We get them in South Africa so I am sure you will be able to track them down. There are even plastic 'crystals', but I personally would not recommend them as they are pretty dull in comparison and might become scratched over time as well.

I hope that this helps, good luck!

I found the Preservation Project before I made an account here, actually, and that's because my Google-fu is in peak shape and is exercised daily.

Sites like that are not my go-to how-to, though. Even on that page alone when you scroll up to the Twinkle Eye replacements, there are links to places that are 5+ years old without any indication that you can still get those products from those individuals/places. That is frustrating when you're searching for information and turns me off from using web resources like that.

Thanks for the info, though. I do appreciate it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal