Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

The blind boxed doll trend

(1/6) > >>

Zapper:
I'm curious. I noticed these are popular right now along with regular blind box figures. I personally like the idea but wish it was easier to get the characters I really want.

tailrustedtealeaf:
Dolls aren't for me, I prefer animal figures instead, but I'm still swayed by dolls such as Ever After High, Pinkie Cooper. I've yet to be swayed by any of the dolls available yet! If I am, it's usually one out of a set and I avoid it in fear of me getting one I don't want.
A problem with blind boxes is that there are going to be a bunch of throwaway common ones that everyone has doubles of which makes it hard to get rid of once you decide to downsize your collection. If you don't downsize, you end up with an accidental army of one or two. I feel like this is a problem with LOL dolls, at least from what I've seen, where theres about 4 that are very common, and then the rest are very hard to get.

TornadoTwist:
It depends on the style of the dolls. What I absolutely dislike and quite disgust me is those LOL things. Why are they wrapped so many times with plastic and all you get are some dumb sticker/riddle thingies. It's a complete waste of packaging which really disgust me. Blind Boxes are okay but not with this kind of packaging imo. :C

lovesbabysquirmy:
I cannot stand "blind bag" anything.  The only thing we buy are LEGO mini-figs and my DH is a superb genius at feeling the bags so we always get what we want.  :D 

Thankfully DH is also nice, if he sees a kid looking, he'll help them look for the fig they are hoping to get.  And if he's wrong, he buys the figure from the kid and tries again. 

Firecracker:
I do find some of the dolls quite cute, but add in the blind box component?  Noooope.  Not gonna happen.  I am not buying something without knowing what it is, or specifically if it will even be one I like.  I've been burned by dupes in the past, I'd rather save my money for other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version