collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you collect your pre-owned G1 ponies?

I'm good with just having the pony.
71 (80.7%)
Maybe I need the matching brush too.
6 (6.8%)
I want/need every item it originally came with.
8 (9.1%)
Need it all and I want the backcard/box.
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Pony Poll - How do you collect your pre-owned G1's?  (Read 3908 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Poll - How do you collect your pre-owned G1's?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2018, 03:18:20 AM »
I am actually perfectly happy with just the pony, but if that pony were to come with their original ribbon then it's Christmas all over again. I really love original ribbons but so much! However, if I don't have the original ribbon for a pony in my herd - and let's be honest, that is most of them - I will give them a replacement one. All ponies deserve ribbons.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »
I normally collect just the ponies, unless the accessory is an important part of the pony.
eg. Soda sipping pony sundaes, big brother hats, nurse hats, that sort of stuff :)

Same here ^^ And pony pets, I need all of those!! But otherwise I don't specifically seek out accessories. If I get them with the pony, great, I'll keep them, but I don't go out of my way to find them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2018, 11:56:16 AM »
Ohh if only Big Bro hats weren't so pricey. :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
It depends on the accessory.    :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
I normally collect just the ponies, unless the accessory is an important part of the pony.
eg. Soda sipping pony sundaes, big brother hats, nurse hats, that sort of stuff :)

Same here ^^ And pony pets, I need all of those!! But otherwise I don't specifically seek out accessories. If I get them with the pony, great, I'll keep them, but I don't go out of my way to find them.

I think price plays a part in that as well. I mean, I still want to know who the crazy people were that drove sweetie baby clips up to $100ish each when they're just cheap monocolour plastic. (And I'm annoyed naynie still can't find hers, grr).

BB hats and bandanas are some of the nicer accessories I think. Also princess wands, hats and attendants.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 06:02:19 PM »
Most of the time I can do without the accessories. If I get the pony with their accessories, that's a bonus! I know I was lucky enough to get some ponies with their original bows. I don't really care too much about every pony having a bow right now, but in the future when I have my collection more finalized, I'll hunt a replacement ribbon for them.
The ponies I would really love to have accessories would be the first set of princess ponies. Specifically the wands and little hat thingies. (I can't remember what they're called at the moment  :blush: )
Now I wouldn't mind having Tex and Wigwam's hats but I don't need them.
I'm pretty passing on items since I usually have items that could work as well or I don't really want the pony that needs a certain item.
Although if a pony came with a pet (ex. Peachy's cat) then I would like to have that as well, but it's not needed.

HOWEVER playsets are a different story since I like to have all the accessories. The box would be nice for storage, but not needed. Playsets I'd like to have 85% complete or higher.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
I’m just after the pony. However I do collect accessories, just not as often. I don’t care if my ponies are missing theirs. (Most of my ponies are baits— they need love too!) :heart: it also makes it easier on my wallet. Most of my herd comes from the flea market or the thrift, and since accessories are so often lost, they don’t show up as frequently, making them more expensive for me to add to my herd :)

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »
I used to not care about accessories.  Then I stared collecting G2 either complete or moc  since they are newer.   So getting G2's with their accessories carried over to G1.   I found out G1 ponies have some super cute accessories too.

I don't care about ribbons or combs so much.   I do want the special accessories though like barrettes, dance n prance pony accessories, ballerina accessories, newborn twin accessories, guitars for the Rockin Beats.  Basically anything that's special.   I think they really add to the pony.  I now feel some ponies seem really incomplete without them.

Some sets I only really want the main accessories.   Like for the 2nd edition princesses I just want the crown clip.   The wand and comb would be nice but I can live without it.  I also don't mind repros.   

I would also like to get at least one moc/mib pony or backcard from each set.  Eventually!  lol

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »
Recently have been buying up big lots of brushes and combs, I love how they look displayed in a large decorative glass jar which all the beautiful colours jumbled together. 

That is a neat idea actually. Never thought about putting toys or accessories into decorative jars. I kind of agree with some of the comments about the big brother accessories. They might be nice to have eventually, but honestly I was just lucky to find two big brothers at all (Steamer and Wigwam) . Same with the princess ponies in regards to the damsel hat and wand. One of the ones I did get recently was Princess Tiffany and her Bushwoolie Friendly. Having the pair made it more of a set for me than if she was alone. I might like to get her wand and damsel hat though eventually. I have Princess Primrose from my childhood so for now they can share.

Thank you everyone for sharing your comments. :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2018, 07:04:19 AM »
It's not the brushes I need, it's the barrettes...and sometimes the ribbons. I love pony accessories, but have (mostly) restricted myself to the princess's.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2018, 05:21:52 PM »
I don't hunt accessories, but i like when i have them and can display them with the ponies, like all the accessories for my baby buggy or the hats, wands and combs for princess Serena and Starburst

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »
I think I wouldnt mind a few key accessories If I am collecting. Example: I want the newborn baby accessories because they are so super cute. I got to the point where I can go back or upgrade a pony I want. Or I can go after their accessories I like to. I think It depends on the set if I like to.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »
I have a drawer full of accessories that don't seem to match the ponies that i have. I have UK releases primarily plus some unique USA German and one Dutch pony. I have not tackled the problem and with so few G1s remaining on my wish list i should probably match them up and pass on my spares for other people to enjoy. I mix up genuine accessories with Care Bears and Fairytale Birds, intergenerational fun and random ribbons, cocktail umbrellas, random stuff. I'm really keen to have more Sweetheart Sister and Brush n Grow accessories and to finish my Perfume Puff Palace.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:32:38 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
I want all the stuff too, including backcard and puffy sticker. I don’t however buy that many ponies- I only currently have around 35 ponies. Most of them childhoods. I do have a «core collection» which I collect everything for. But I do admit that some of the outlier ponies dont have all their stuff and I’m not currently looking for it either... I would however rather complete a pony with all its accessories than buy a lot more ponies...;-)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal