collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meet Nyx (goddess of the night)  (Read 896 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Meet Nyx (goddess of the night)
« on: July 14, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is a local husky breeder I’ve followed since last year and have wanted a pup. The last five months she has had one of the girls from her first litter looking for a home. Nyx will be three in Sept, so she isn’t just a young little pup. I had been staring at her a while on and off debating an older dog. I decided to give it a try and she is living here on a trial bases to see if she gets along with my girls. Right now she is very nervous and clingy to me, but she was taken away from her home where she was born. I could see being nervous. She has refused to eat just yet though so trying to coax her. She seems like such a sweet girl I want her to work out here.

Anyway she is apparently wooly or plush? Whatever you call it, so this is her summer coat after blowing her winter one. She is still a fluff ball. I did get kisses this morning, so that’s a positive step right?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Nyx (goddess of the night)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
She's absolutely beautiful <3

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:44:33 AM »
Isn’t she? I stopped for pizza yesterday and she stuck her head over me to sniff it and surprised the workers and they thought she was pretty. I was just trying to save my pizza from her face.  :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »
oh a pretty girl :) I like Huskys a lot!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »
Eeee!  That's exciting!  Best of luck with her, hopefully it works out ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 09:15:42 AM »
She looks beautiful. She looks more like a malamute than a husky with all of her fur. Congrats on adopting - rescue dogs are the best.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:33 AM »
Yeah, apparently huskies have different coats and her more wooly considered a recessive gene. I know all their dogs were wooly though since that’s what they breed.

I wouldn’t consider her a rescue honestly as she came from the breeder and they were picky about where she went. I had checks done on me before I got her as I’ve been on their puppy waiting list a long time. They were pretty upset to see her go, but they live in a pretty big pricey area and the rules changed on how many dogs they could own. They had seven with her and she is spayed and not one of their breeders, but she is an older dog and I know they are harder to place.

I won’t debate it but I’m always in the fence about rescues. I have five other dogs and all but one are purebred but come from bad situations.

My oldest is a mini poodle with lots of line breeding, so he has generic issues including having seizures since he was two.

My two standard poodle girls have issues as well with one that is going to have surgery soon from a defect due to bad genetics.

I have a yorkie that was never socialized properly and even with training has issues and can only be around the other dogs in limited time periods due to stress. Thankfully I have a decent sized house so for example the yorkie can play a while then when she gets anxiety she can go in another bed room to rest.

My mix pup came from a dog my mother took in that was abused and pregnant. There are no shelters where I live. In truth, if I could pick a preference I would like a very well bred purebred from a good breeder with all their physical tests etc done. I seem to always take in the ones that need a home though. Lol, but rescues aren’t easy, especially since I take in older dogs. They have issues adjusting just like anyone else. I took in an elderly schnauzer two years ago that was almost 20 pounds overweight. She lost the weight and could finally move again, but the years of being too heavy and bad care made her joints weak, her body didn’t move properly etc and eventually she passed away.

Rescue or not dogs all need love. Sorry, I get very passionate about the dogs. Don’t want it to turn into a debate but yeah wouldn’t necessarily consider her a rescue.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
Congrats, she is a gorgeous looking husky. :) I'm sure she'll adjust after a while. Kisses are definitely a good sign! I about leapt for the moon the first time I got a kiss from Floofer (our newest bunny), now I get them every morning.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
It’s a pupper! And it’s a beautiful pupper! I’m sure she’ll come through with eating, after adjusting.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »

I wouldn’t consider her a rescue honestly as she came from the breeder and they were picky about where she went. I had checks done on me before I got her as I’ve been on their puppy waiting list a long time. They were pretty upset to see her go, but they live in a pretty big pricey area and the rules changed on how many dogs they could own. They had seven with her and she is spayed and not one of their breeders, but she is an older dog and I know they are harder to place.

Sorry I didn’t mean any negative connotations with the word rescue. I just thought it was nice that you offered to rehome a dog, even though she’s not necessarily come from a bad situation.

I foster and do home checks for two different dog rescues here in the UK so rescues can be picky about where their dogs go too. I have always adopted dogs from shelters or rehomed them from people who can no longer keep them, similar to your dog’s situation. I have never had any major issues with any of my dogs and I’ve fostered 8 and owned 4 so far! Maybe I’ve just been lucky. I have a major soft spot for oldies. They’re so much easier than having a puppy!

Anyway well done for rehoming an adult dog who needed it and congrats on your new family member :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:32:57 PM by Noasar »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal