collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it too much to ask to expect more g1 releases for the 35th anniversary?  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Too funny DreamvalleyMLP :P  Thanks for making me smile today

Well, i posted this in the main thread, but incase some of you arent following the main thread.  The US preorders via Amazon dates have changed as of today.

single rainbow ponies - 8/17
pony parlor 10/3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
At next toy fair, if they dare to claim that the line was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough, someone should smack them over the head with all of their misinformation, cancelled orders and messy distribution.

:iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
At next toy fair, if they dare to claim that the line was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough, someone should smack them over the head with all of their misinformation, cancelled orders and messy distribution.

Eh.
That's really the fault of the buyers.

If stores don't want to carry the item, it's really not the fault of the manufacturer company.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:37:22 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
As someone that missed pre-orders, I just want to know if I have a decent chance of obtaining these ponies (and not pay crazy eBay prices)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
As I mentioned in the other topic. I ordered Moonstone on the German Amazon 2 days ago. The other 5 are also in stock so some people might be able to get them from there. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

As I mentioned in the other topic. I ordered Moonstone on the German Amazon 2 days ago. The other 5 are also in stock so some people might be able to get them from there. :)

Same on UK. Just more expensive that way. Dunno if it is the case in Germany but tge UK ones are dispatched by Amazon but coming from the french supplier so cost £3ish more...?

Edit to add- I just checked and it is the same on German Amazon as the UK.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:09:47 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile

Eh.

If stores don't want to carry the item, it's really not the fault of the manufacturer.

Stores have to be given the chance to carry them before they can decide not to carry them. And that's BF's responsability, among other things like accurately answering customer questions, marketing, etc. How many different answers have been given by Basic Fun (through facebook alone) about the availibility? BTW, Basic Fun is not just the manufacturer (if at all - technically, some Chinese factory is probably the manufacturer, though I get what you mean), they are the licensee. If their product bombs before it even got a chance because no one can buy them easily, it's because they didn't plan it well enough.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:15:44 AM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

Eh.

If stores don't want to carry the item, it's really not the fault of the manufacturer.

Stores have to be given the chance to carry them before they can decide not to carry them. And that's BF's responsability, among other things like accurately answering customer questions, marketing, etc. How many different answers have been given by Basic Fun (through facebook alone) about the availibility? BTW, Basic Fun is not just the manufacturer (if at all - technically, some Chinese factory is probably the manufacturer, though I get what you mean), they are the licensee. If their product bombs before it even got a chance because no one can buy them easily, it's because they didn't plan it well enough.

I don't think you understood what I meant. The buyer means the person who buys for the store. Not the customer of the store.

Stores have more control of a product then everyone seems to realize.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:38:14 AM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
My preorder for grotty looking Starshine from AmazonUK is still active. :P It's set for 15 August release at present (one day after the collectors ponies) but the product link is still dead.

What's grotty mean?

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile

Eh.

I don't think you understood what I meant. The buyer means the person who buys for the store. Not the customer of the store.

I understood quite fine.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

Eh.

I understood quite fine.

You don't seem to because you went into marketing and blah blah.. and customers asking about availability on facebook. (?) Which has nothing to do about a buyer.

A perfectly good product can be pitched to a store -- and they can yay and nay it so quickly. It literally has to do with the buyers taste.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:39:13 AM by banditpony »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

Eh.

No company is going to refuse to put products in stores if they can. But things out of their control can complicate matters. Maybe the factory is demanding more money and that's difficult for Basic Fun to bear without raising their prices. Meanwhile retailers want to keep their costs down so they can turn a profit and so they are resisting any price increases. A toy company can get caught in the middle like this very easily.

The lack of customer service is whole other matter. If there's issues be transparent about it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
My preorder for grotty looking Starshine from AmazonUK is still active. :P It's set for 15 August release at present (one day after the collectors ponies) but the product link is still dead.

What's grotty mean?

In UK slang grotty means not very good, a bit dirty/unkempt etc. Another word similar is 'manky'. Don't know the exact equivalent in other countries (but would be interested to learn)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

What's grotty mean?

In UK slang grotty means not very good, a bit dirty/unkempt etc. Another word similar is 'manky'. Don't know the exact equivalent in other countries (but would be interested to learn)

Thank you. :)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
I'd also like to add  -- I would rather the retro ponies continue be released in a mass market store not limited edition releases from a convention.

On the one hand yeah, on the other hand I'd like to have both.  :P

Personally I would be happy if they used G4 molds with G1 characters. Like if they'd done a pack with G4 style Firefly, Moondancer, and Bow Tie or whoever.  But if wishes were horses . . . (HO HO HO see what I did there?)
I would sell my left kidney for this.

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal