collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it too much to ask to expect more g1 releases for the 35th anniversary?  (Read 4803 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Oh shoot, I hadn't heard about pre-orders being cancelled.  I thought it was just closed to new pre-orders and the pages being missing.  Can someone who pre-ordered confirm one way or another?

I feel you . . . The third set (early unicorns and pegasi) include some of my absolute favorite ponies, including my very first pony Moondancer.  Plus it's hard to find Moondancer and Glory without yellowing plastic and (in Moondancer's case) rubbed symbols.  Her silver moon is always the first to go!!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I put in a pre-order for all the single listing rainbow ponies and it hasn't been cancelled.  I sure hope nothing goes wrong...  They are supposed to be a gift for my SO.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Good to hear that some orders are still going through, though the direct sources seem a little vague on supply.  :/

What we do know is that so far the existing 35thAnn ponies have been spotted at Target in the US - a company that does NOT have international presence.  And Amazon has split up its international divisions so they aren't able to universally supply us with the ponies, either.  *sigh*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
On one hand, I expect given what we've seen other companies do for their anivsarry characters.

On the other, I'm pessimistic by nature and am going to say no. That what we have or about to get in terms of the rainbow ponies is it. Nice throwback but sales didn't bear out and the line is going to end.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'd love to see more ponies for the 35th anniversary. :)  :lovey: I ended up buying two sets of the Collector Ponies so I can keep one set in the box and have one set to open. :)  I missed the 25th anniversary collector sets so I don't mind that Basic Fun started with these.  I'm hoping the US sees the Rainbow ponies and also the unicorns and pegasus sets. :)
I'd love to see baby ponies and other ponies as well. Can we hope for a retro Dream Castle, flutter and sea ponies?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
On one hand, I expect given what we've seen other companies do for their anivsarry characters.

On the other, I'm pessimistic by nature and am going to say no. That what we have or about to get in terms of the rainbow ponies is it. Nice throwback but sales didn't bear out and the line is going to end.

It's difficult for sales not to bear out when the availability is being stamped on. We're not dealing with not good enough sales.We're dealing with tariffs and trade wars. Unfortunately that's something consumers cannot really do much about.

@LM - someone posted a screen grab image earlier from Flutterscotch that stated the preorder for rainbows had been cancelled. BUT I believe that was the set, not the individuals?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
My preorder for grotty looking Starshine from AmazonUK is still active. :P It's set for 15 August release at present (one day after the collectors ponies) but the product link is still dead.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My preorder for grotty looking Starshine from AmazonUK is still active. :P It's set for 15 August release at present (one day after the collectors ponies) but the product link is still dead.

Keep us updated! :) I was reassured by the return of the collector ponies, albeit without Butterscotch and Bluebelle. Butterscotch had an actual proper notable release here so it's weird to have Minty and not Butterscotch..? Of the retros, Snuzzle and Butterscotch are IMO the nicest. It will be a shame if the UK misses out on Butterscotch...

Hopefully the other 2 will turn up but 4 is better than none I guess...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Is it just the set that has been canceled so far? Because a big pack like that seems like something that would be a store exclusive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Is it just the set that has been canceled so far? Because a big pack like that seems like something that would be a store exclusive.

That is also a good point. I forgot how obsessive the US market is with store exclusives...and Target seems like a good bet for that if it's the case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Oh shoot, I hadn't heard about pre-orders being cancelled.  I thought it was just closed to new pre-orders and the pages being missing.  Can someone who pre-ordered confirm one way or another?

I feel you . . . The third set (early unicorns and pegasi) include some of my absolute favorite ponies, including my very first pony Moondancer.  Plus it's hard to find Moondancer and Glory without yellowing plastic and (in Moondancer's case) rubbed symbols.  Her silver moon is always the first to go!!
Funny enough, I got a lot recently and Moondancer was in the BEST condition out of all the g1s in the lot. Her symbols are great, while one BBE had rusty eyes and Butterscotch had a dozen age spots, for example.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
All the US pony links via Amazon are broken (page does not exist). 

The big gift pack/combo has been cancelled.  Just checked my Amazon order, as of today: all the single rainbow ponies pre-order show release date: aug 15, 2018 and the pony parlor w/ peachy sept 30, 2018.  Only the link provided through order history is still allowing you to place another pre-order for the 5 single ponies and pony parlor (total $75). 

Ack! Im so excited for the Rainbow ponies, I hope it doesnt get cancelled >_<

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

The big gift pack/combo has been cancelled.  Just checked my Amazon order, as of today: all the single rainbow ponies pre-order show release date: aug 15, 2018 and the pony parlor w/ peachy sept 30, 2018.  Only the link provided through order history is still allowing you to place another pre-order for the 5 single ponies and pony parlor (total $75). 

I gotta wonder if this bodes poorly for us ever expecting the prototype Fancy Swirl ponies to be released.
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

I gotta wonder if this bodes poorly for us ever expecting the prototype Fancy Swirl ponies to be released.

I would say, yes, at this stage.
We need to watch with hope but mostly cautious hope right now...but I think if we're doubtful about what is happening with the Rainbow Ponies which are already in production - anything else is at risk, and especially something they have to make from scratch.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
At next toy fair, if they dare to claim that the line was cancelled because it didn't sell well enough, someone should smack them over the head with all of their misinformation, cancelled orders and messy distribution.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal