collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MIB values  (Read 355 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
MIB values
« on: July 17, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »
Can I get a value range for MIB G1 Candy Canes? Many thanks, only a few have been on evilbay to try to get a honest value.
Lemon Treats (upper cardboard folded)-yellow box
Mint Dreams (box looks great)-yellow box
Sugar sweet (box looks great)-yellow box

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: MIB values
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »
I can't help with exact prices, but I imagine the first two on your list will have higher prices than Sugar Sweet. Sugar Sweet is the only one of this set I have MIB and I can't remember her being very expensive though it was about ten years ago..she's not a childhood pony for me so she must have been a really good deal for me to have bought her.

The other two seem more sought after loose, maybe because they were sold haphazardly in some places. Lemon Treats especially. Even with the bent box flap I don't suppose her value will be knocked much.

Do any of them have extras (is it make up with this set) in the box?

I think Sugar Sweet is quite common in the US box - weirdly less common in the European box, though I see more European versions of Gingerbread/Molasses and Sugar Apple. In the UK we had both boxes because of Woolworths importing US ones, so I am not sure if the different box types matter in terms of price of this set or whether it literally depends on the individual pony.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
I can't help with exact prices, but I imagine the first two on your list will have higher prices than Sugar Sweet. Sugar Sweet is the only one of this set I have MIB and I can't remember her being very expensive though it was about ten years ago..she's not a childhood pony for me so she must have been a really good deal for me to have bought her.

The other two seem more sought after loose, maybe because they were sold haphazardly in some places. Lemon Treats especially. Even with the bent box flap I don't suppose her value will be knocked much.

Do any of them have extras (is it make up with this set) in the box?

I think Sugar Sweet is quite common in the US box - weirdly less common in the European box, though I see more European versions of Gingerbread/Molasses and Sugar Apple. In the UK we had both boxes because of Woolworths importing US ones, so I am not sure if the different box types matter in terms of price of this set or whether it literally depends on the individual pony.

I don't think they come with any extra make up or anything fancy. They're up high on a shelf in a glass case, I didn't get to touch any of them.
I see one Lemon Treats on ebay for 250 but is not selling, one other has sold in the last few months.

Maybe I should ask, as an opinion since both are closely priced on the shelf, which would be better to purchase? Lemon Treats or Mint Dreams? Mind you, Mint Dreams box looks great overall.
(I do have an extra loose Mint Dreams that I should part with too...)

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »
In terms of rarity, I would guess (but wait for other people's views too) that Lemon Treats is probably the more sought after - but I would say buy the one you like most, if you think the price is a fair one. It's your money so you have to be happy with what you get, not just because it's the rarest on offer :)

I am loath to make price estimates because they fluctuate and also because the $/£ relationship has changed a lot in the last few years, the same amount in £ is no longer what it was in $...I think $250 would be high though. I don't think there are many MIB ponies from the later years that merit over $200...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:18:00 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
In terms of rarity, I would guess (but wait for other people's views too) that Lemon Treats is probably the more sought after - but I would say buy the one you like most, if you think the price is a fair one. It's your money so you have to be happy with what you get, not just because it's the rarest on offer :)

I am loath to make price estimates because they fluctuate and also because the $/£ relationship has changed a lot in the last few years, the same amount in £ is no longer what it was in $...I think $250 would be high though. I don't think there are many MIB ponies from the later years that merit over $200...

I fancy them both and like to think in terms more of rarity when going for MOC's for what to purchase. I would love to hear other people's opinion on prices and such. Haven't purchased a pony in original packaging in a looooooong time...

G4 customs 4 sale

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal