collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EG promo  (Read 917 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: EG promo
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 01:46:39 PM »
Well, if the live action Jem movie is to be believed that means someone will now enter the fashion designer into a lucrative singing contract.

XD

I agree on the fashion doll thing - fashion dolls should have redressing potential. Also I think the colour thing is not relevant for two reasons.

One - since when did doll companies actually care about colour coordination matches that fail?
Two - there have been other doll lines with a lot of colour where they did experiment with fashion. I am thinking a bit of MH although the separate fashion thing kind of died out and the fashions were kind of specifically targeted at certain character dolls. On the other hand, switching fashions between dolls can work. I have a Lagoona here and I actually have no idea whose clothing she is wearing at the moment. I just know it isn't hers.

It always gets me how in a lot of cartoons the characters apparently never change their clothes. One of the nice things about Jem is that they did change their clothes regularly, and only SOME of the stuff they wore were actually outfits on sale. True, the Glitter & Gold episode went nuts to try and squeeze in as many of the new line of fashions as possible, but there are lots of other moments where characters wear non-produced outfits as well. I used to make some of these for my dolls, I know others did too, and IT used this as a basis for several of their doll releases as well.

Jem also used a lot of colour but the idea of clashing with hair/make up or whatever doesn't seem to have been a concern. Yeah, it was the 1980s, but MLP is already kind of fantasy in its colour schemes and such...so I don't see it as a problem. I also don't see the weird 90s fashions as a problem. Different coloured legs and peg feet, those are problems. But 1990 style leggings? Whatever. I've seen worse on real people in London :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal