collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: its so hoooooot !  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
its so hoooooot !
« on: July 07, 2018, 02:10:35 AM »
the uk is not meant to be this hot  I'm sure of it  :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :sunny: :sunny: its only 10 am and already icky and sticky !

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: its so hoooooot !
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 04:35:27 AM »
You're absolutely right there- it is definitely, 100%, certifiably too hot! I was up at about 6am this morning, wanted to have a lie in but the weather had other ideas. It really needs to rain, pronto. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:32:01 AM »
It'll only get worse. Do what you can to decrease your carbon footprint. Every little bit helps!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »
It's not that nice in London, admittedly...

I am taking shelter in my room which does have aircon albeit doesn't have an opening window so that isn't entirely helpful.

The problem is that this heat has been continuous as well. That's unusual for the UK which is why it's affecting infrastructures/melting roofs in Scotland/etc. We're just not geared for long spells of sunshine without a break for rain. Especially in Scotland :/

London the temperature is about normal for what it is in the summer but when it's a long spell it still breaks buses and melts roads. I don't think we've had an exploding pavement yet like the year I did my MA, but who knows...

It would also help if the buses stopped putting their heating on. It's hot enough, especially on the newer buses. At least they have windows now that open, as opposed to being closed in with no air con at all like they were when they first started introducing the new routemasters. As it is they're still generally hotter than the other buses for some reason...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:44:22 AM »
I’m enjoying the heat but my poor garden isn’t! Several plants have dried up despite my best efforts and my grass is like straw...and it looks like we will be having a hosepipe ban soon so I really hope it rains this week. I can’t remmeber a summer like it! It has also means that I’ve been having to walk my dogs at night, which is actually quite nice but I miss my morning walks in the sun with them!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
My Dad is really smart about this kind of stuff, he stores water over the winter so he has a supply to use for the garden in the case of a ban. I don't think one has happened where they live thus far but he hasn't used a hosepipe yet during this heatwave.

They also have a hedgehog who frequents the garden so they're putting out water for him and for the birds as well. Though it is funny to see the pigeons sunbathing...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 08:58:59 AM »
Well, I'm not from the UK, so I don't know anything about how it is over there.

The weather where I live has been a bit strange. Since May it has been pretty hot, as expected. Except there have been some legitimately cool days which we don't really get in the summer here. Yesterday it stormed mid-day and knocked the temperatures down to the 70s for the rest of the day (low 20s in C). Still a lot of days it's getting up to 90-95F, so... It's plenty hot in general.

|My Collection|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
Here in NY we had a few temp advisory lasting for days, so far we have had three days, of heat indexes of 110.  :shocked: :whoa: :hot: Thankfully today, things have cooled off.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 09:51:47 AM »
Here in NY we had a few temp advisory lasting for days, so far we have had three days, of heat indexes of 110.  :shocked: :whoa: :hot: Thankfully today, things have cooled off.

We don't have weather that scary and mad here, thankfully. The problem is that the UK is simply not geared up for extended periods of hot, and so it tends to have a negative impact if it goes on too long. We're more used to stretches of wet or cold...

Tomorrow's forecast for London is 32 celsius. That's low for a lot of people on the forum here, but it's quite unpleasant in London. When I had flatmates, I had people from Thailand and Los Angeles complaining about the heat even though the temperature was so much lower...just because the infrastructure is so badly designed to deal with hot weather.

When I was in Jerusalem I encountered built in wall aircon for the first time...

I have a friend who grew up mostly in Bahrain, however. And she went back there recently, it was 50 degrees. I genuinely can't even imagine.

London is very humid in summer which doesn't help. The hottest summer here I've ever known in the UK was one July it got up to 36 or so but that was when I was still living in the welsh borders full time and so it wasn't so humid and we managed. If it were 36 in London I think I might just curl up and die. 30 in London and 26 in Osaka are worse to me than 38 in Jerusalem and 34 in Lisbon because of humidity :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 01:57:25 AM »
It’s forecast to be cloudy tomorrow and rain on Thursday Aflame so the end is in sight! Hang in there UK peeps, the rain train is on its way!  :rain: :green:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 04:05:48 AM »
Hang in there UK peeps, the rain train is on its way!  :rain: :green:

This is very reassuring news! Bring the rain! Even if it's a torrential downpour, it'll be more than welcome! :hearts:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 04:55:11 AM »
yes we do need it all the grass has turned brown where I live :/

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 05:07:33 AM »
I am loving the sun ☀️ we actually have a summer for a change  :lol:.

Also with the lack,of rain my normally fat horses are looking nice and trim because they are having to hunt for the grass for a change.  After 17 years of having a pregnant gelding (even when three day event fit) in summer it's nice to see what he should look like 😂

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 06:07:58 AM »
Hang in there UK peeps, the rain train is on its way!  :rain: :green:

This is very reassuring news! Bring the rain! Even if it's a torrential downpour, it'll be more than welcome! :hearts:

Give us three days of rain and...we'll be complaining about it again and wanting it to be sunny ;)

Although according to the forecast I looked at, its not due to break in London properly till the 21st, just cool down a little.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 09:07:50 AM »
I am loving the sun ☀️ we actually have a summer for a change  :lol:.

Also with the lack,of rain my normally fat horses are looking nice and trim because they are having to hunt for the grass for a change.  After 17 years of having a pregnant gelding (even when three day event fit) in summer it's nice to see what he should look like 😂

Ha, I didn't even think of that as being a side-effect of the rain! A diet for horses! I love the sun too - it's got me acclimatised for my holiday in a few weeks! All of the grass is brown here too, I just want it to rain once, at night, for a long time, to refresh my garden. Then be sunny the next day pretty please!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal