collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed  (Read 22186 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I watched some toy review videos and the toys don't look great to me either.  (I miss the TFP line . . .)  Shockwave is definitely my favorite of the ones I've seen.

Oh wow, a sail plane would be great!

I think Shadow Striker turns into a plane or heli with those vertical take-off things, or else . . . a car??  Like maybe those things on her back are wheels?

I think I saw Megatron-as-tank pictures but I'm not positive.

They could bring back Makeshift and have him change constantly.  "Hi gang!  This week I'm a limo." :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
They had so many great characters during all those years they should bring back. I'm not mad they use G1 Prowl again even tho I never cared for him. Chase and Strongarm are way more entertaining stick-in-the-mud cops. But I like the old design.

So now I want to see more older characters. Like Skyfire. I want his drama to come back. I always liked that little bit of continuity the G1 cartoon had. Mostly with Skyfire being Starscream's ex-friend and the backstory on Cybertron with Elita and Optimus/Orion.
I also wish the Insecticons would come back. I just loved it when Megatron got crap from other Decepticons :lol: This show is more lighthearted so there should be shenanigans.

I think Hasbro's cheapness already started with TFP. Some toys looked great and others were second thought. I have Breakdown (painfully imported from Japan), the Chromia retool of Arcee and Airachnid. Airachnid is like a Happy Meal toy. I love her but only so because she wad my fave on the show. She is extremely limited and everything about her screams second rate.

Lots of people hated the style but the bulk of my old collection was TFA because the designs looked so close to the cartoon and worked! It was so cool to have them and they were cheap to get. I got my TFA Jazz for 10 bucks back then but for my Airachnid I had to shell out 20. And she had way worse engineering and almost no paint apps.

I stopped collecting TF a while ago. I still have about 20 I couldn't let go off and I buy a fembot every few years because the good designs are sparse and expensive. The new Moonracer tempted me big time so I got her overpriced and I was sad to see how much kibble she had.
Long story short, I am not exactly excited about TF toys in general. I just want to see older characters.

Useless fact, my first ever TF was Bumblebee from the WFC game and my second was TFA Blurr and they remain my favorites to this day because of their Tron wheels ^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Airachnid had a toy terrible design and Knock Out has a hollow back (which kills me because he's my favorite), but I liked most of the TFP toys and felt they were good quality.

TFA was the best for having toys that looked 100% awesome in both robot and vehicle mode.  That said, I got the deluxe TFA Bumblebee toy and it was nearly impossible to transform into vehicle mode.  Looked great once I finally got there, but I can't imagine a child actually being able to accomplish it.  I don't know if I got a dud Bumblebee or if they were all like that.

My first ever Transformer was Beast Wars Ramulus, who I bought because I thought he vaguely resembled Tirak, lol.  I wanted G1 toys as a kid but my parents wouldn't buy them for me.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
A walking gun turret that will stroll up and shoot you, lol.

Is it too much to hope that Soundwave also turns into something weird?  Get back to your roots, Soundwave.  We all know you started as a lamp post.

His original job was to guide the worthy to Narnia. ;)

Nearly spit my coffee out reading this. :P

Soundwave is my favorite Con an has been since I was a kid. There's just something incredibly creepy about who he is coupled with how mundane his alt mode could be.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:00:51 AM by Sky_Rocket_Sammie »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I like Soundwave, too! I think part of it is his creepy voice and relative intelligence. He stood out in G1 where most cons were stupidheads/desperate like Shockwave :lol:

My fave Autobot was always Hound which... unpopular opinion. I don't know anyone who gave a crap about him because he got so quickly replaced by Bumblebee. I thought it was cute that he was a military jeep but his character was the opposite. Now he always gets portrayed like Kup and I hate it so muchhhh. They killed him.

I have the Hound that came with Ravage. Either Generations or Henkei Henkei, I forgot. He is so chubby and I love him. I can't sell him.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:48:42 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I love Soundwave. Great personality and he's such a fun and photogenic figure.

My first TF ever was FoC Ratbat.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Hasbro brought some Cyberverse figures to SDCC!

https://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=588

(Some of the pics aren't loading for me, though.)

Shadow Striker is a car:

Soundwave is a truck:

Slipstream. Looks. Awesome.

Windblade:

The vibe I'm getting from the vehicle modes is almost a "G1 post-movie" feel where these are supposed to be their original Cybertronian vehicle forms rather than being scanned on Earth.  Or else maybe they are Earth vehicles but the show is set in the future?  ("It is the Year 2005 . . . Oh wait . . . no . . .")
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:55:01 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Want Want Want! :frolic:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
I know, right?  My bank account is the real victim in the Transformers' war. :lol:

Hasbro revealed the new theme song / intro and a short clip from an episode at SDCC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnyma2p-Ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwkFg9mbGU

Spoilers from clip:

Spoiler
I am sooo happy they went with the "Megatron and Optimus used to be friends" origin story.  I've always felt Megatron starting off good and becoming corrupted was more interesting than him just being another warlord who always wanted to rule the world.

It sounds like Megatron started off as a gladiator (he says "I used to fight in front of you, now I will fight for you").

Ratchet looks so SASSY in the background, LOL!

I love Starscream's face design.

The ending part with Bumblebee cheering, "WOOO, MEGATRON!" slays me.  :lol: I'm just sitting here imagining Windblade's face.  "We've got a long way to go . . ."

I hope this show has TONS of flashbacks to Cybertron.

The animation is by Boulder Media, which is an Irish company I believe.  I like it better than RID2015, which was animated by Polygon Pictures.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I know, right?  My bank account is the real victim in the Transformers' war. :lol:

Hasbro revealed the new theme song / intro and a short clip from an episode at SDCC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnyma2p-Ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwkFg9mbGU

Spoilers from clip:

Spoiler
I am sooo happy they went with the "Megatron and Optimus used to be friends" origin story.  I've always felt Megatron starting off good and becoming corrupted was more interesting than him just being another warlord who always wanted to rule the world.

It sounds like Megatron started off as a gladiator (he says "I used to fight in front of you, now I will fight for you").

Ratchet looks so SASSY in the background, LOL!

I love Starscream's face design.

The ending part with Bumblebee cheering, "WOOO, MEGATRON!" slays me.  :lol: I'm just sitting here imagining Windblade's face.  "We've got a long way to go . . ."

I hope this show has TONS of flashbacks to Cybertron.

The animation is by Boulder Media, which is an Irish company I believe.  I like it better than RID2015, which was animated by Polygon Pictures.

Its not fair! I still have Moonracer and the PotP Dinobots to get.

I need Cyberverse Slipstream, Shockwave, , Prowl Shadowstriker and a couple Seekers for customs.

Plus there's this other new line coming out with the most gorgeous Sideswipe I've ever seen. He looks like he'd gel perfectly with my CW Sunstreaker.

https://www.gameinformer.com/gear/2018/07/13/an-exclusive-look-at-hasbros-new-transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-figures

Not to mention the G1 Reissues. Oooh the Constructicon gift pack! :frolic:

Nice start on the video.  Looking forward to this cartoon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:06:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
So apparently Travis Knight announced at SDCC that the jet in the Bumblebee movie is not Starscream but . . . Blitzwing?!

I gotta be honest, I am so disappointed.  Why make him look so much like Starscream if he's not Starscream?  Thinking I might skip the movie.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:51:11 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
So apparently Travis Knight announced at SDCC that the jet in the Bumblebee movie is not Starscream but . . . Blitzwing?!

I gotta be honest, I am so disappointed.  Why make him look so much like Starscream if he's not Starscream?  Thinking I might skip the movie.

Whuh?  :blink: But he doesn't look anything like Blitzwing.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I was hoping for 2Dish animation. They look like TF Cybertron grade PC game characters -_-

The 2D character designs looked so good and slick and now these will all move the same and there won't be much squash and stretch. This is a downgrade, imo. Good thing all three girls are getting figures, tho!

PS: in that clip all Cybertronians are the same character model except for the named characters. They are not even different colors. I hope there will be a good explanation for this. Like troopers made from the same protoform or whatever. Because Cybertron is supposed to be full of different bots and not just a red and blue clone army. The heck?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:42:53 AM by Zapper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile

Whuh?  :blink: But he doesn't look anything like Blitzwing.

Yeah, not a bit of purple on him . . . Maybe Knight was just trolling?  I'm grasping at straws now, lol.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Eh, he's Starscream. Maybe Blitzwing in name only,I don't care. Because the other Bayverse Starscream looked like a chicken and did not try to mess with Megatron even once. He might as well have been Starscream in name only.

I hope you did not watch the other Bayfilms and now that one thing is not right you plan to boycott. Because this time we might actually get something that is closer to Transformers G1 and not "give me your face, b****!!! Here is 3 hours of murder".

I am still hopeful. The dude looks like Screamy, so to me he's already Screamy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal