collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed  (Read 22251 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I am hoping Bumblebee himself will fulfill the role of "the kid who needs things explained to him."  The basic premise of the series is "Bumblebee has lost his memory, Windblade and the others have to help him get it back."  It sounds like there will be flashbacks involved, which makes me hope we might see some pre-war Cybertron.

I too hope so so soooo hard that there are no humans, or at least minimal humans.  I liked the Prime kids all right but it's not like I NEEDED them to be there, and I just hated Russell and Denny.  Sorry to any fans of them.  But I found them annoying and their "ho ho ho, I'm a ten year old DISGUISING myself by putting on a FAKE BEARD" just killed me.

I do love the family in Rescue Bots. That show is pure gold.

Edit:  Like MLP Tales and Steven Universe, each show segment will be 11 minutes.  Two segments in each half-hour show.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'm a little disappointed in the runtime but that's how so many cartoons are nowadays. Gotta cram in as many series into a day's program as possible so let's half the minutes and have 3 commercial breaks. Bah.

It also occurred to me these bots have only three fingers like some old toon. I think that's a new thing? Did we ever see TFs with only three fingers? They always had four like a human.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
I noticed the three fingers as well!

Some of the Transformers Prime bots had three fingers (plus thumb), some had four fingers.  But that show had pretty individualistic designs for the bots.  Like, everybody had different eye styles, different hand styles, etc.  I do miss that diversity but I'm sure it was harder to animate than having something consistent.

I'm not sure about other shows . . . I think G1 (Sunbow) had four fingers.

Edit: Gravity Falls characters mostly have three fingers, which is pretty funny considering a major plot point was "whooo was the six-fingered man?"  (I believe Uncle Stan does have four fingers, though.  But Mabel and Dipper don't.)

The run time is actually the same on a 'regular' half hour show or a 'segmented' show.  A half hour show has 22 minutes of programming either way, and 8 minutes of commercials.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:06:19 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Not all female tfs look thin and girly. RiD15 had diverse character models. Strong Arm is traditionally blocky. Then there was Zizza the bee, Filch the Raven, General Glowstrike who was an anthro firefly. I think there was a fire-lizard?  Outside of that show Strika is pretty bulky.

Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

Yeah, I agree that it's annoying when all the female TFs are stick-thin.  And also short, have you noticed that?  They're always short.

That's why Windblade's size annoys me. She is a jet! There is no need for sexual dimorphism in a species that has no sex. And it's simply weird when a car guy is bigger than a jet lady. It's like the designers have Napoleon complex.

Whining about TFA again... I loved how the Cons had all those flyers because it made them look imposing. Megatron rightfully dwarved Optimus and it made him look more scary that way.

Another wish of mine: give Soundwave back his minions. I don't want a single Laserbeak drone, I want the brats and the cat. They don't have to be cassettes.

Shadow Striker is freaking cool! I've been looking for a Prowl and Thundercracker. I don't like Wheeljack because I haaaate space-wizard robo-beards. Optimus looks like he's doing squats. Make toys of everyone here Hasbro!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:33:37 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Yeah, when I first saw Wheeljack I was like "Uhhhhh."  LOL.  (Hee hee, "space wizard robo beards."  It's true though.  LOOKIN AT YOU ALPHA TRION.)

That's true, RID did have more diversity than usual for its female bots.  I really wish they'd made a toy of Glowstrike, she had a great design.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Yeah, when I first saw Wheeljack I was like "Uhhhhh."  LOL.  (Hee hee, "space wizard robo beards."  It's true though.  LOOKIN AT YOU ALPHA TRION.)

That's true, RID did have more diversity than usual for its female bots.  I really wish they'd made a toy of Glowstrike, she had a great design.

Alpha Trion is the reason I coined that phrase. XD

I do too. Her and Filch. What a shame Filch was a two-word gag character considering ravens are so intelligent. It was like she was an obsessive pokemon enthusiast, searching for shinies during a 3 day binge. :snicker:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wheeljack was given a handlebar "beard" instead of his "mask" in TFA but this new beard design is overkill because there are random bits in it.
I love how they just gave Shockwave a mini shockwave face on his head. Now he's got two eyes. His description reminds me of Beast Wars Tarantulas :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Wheeljack was given a handlebar "beard" instead of his "mask" in TFA but this new beard design is overkill because there are random bits in it.
I love how they just gave Shockwave a mini shockwave face on his head. Now he's got two eyes. His description reminds me of Beast Wars Tarantulas :lol:

I dig Shocky's new altmode.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
ME TOO.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's so "him."

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
What is that supposed to be...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Shockwave. :)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Shockwave. :)

Ha ha ! But what is this alt mode supposed to represent? A gun on three legs?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
A walking gun turret that will stroll up and shoot you, lol.

Is it too much to hope that Soundwave also turns into something weird?  Get back to your roots, Soundwave.  We all know you started as a lamp post.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
A walking gun turret that will stroll up and shoot you, lol.

Is it too much to hope that Soundwave also turns into something weird?  Get back to your roots, Soundwave.  We all know you started as a lamp post.

His original job was to guide the worthy to Narnia. ;)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Uhuh. Tbh the toys don't look quality to me but I can always change my mind when I see them irl.
I only got Strongarm from the RID line and girl didn't even have hands.

I am in full support of Shocky being merged with Tarantulas so they really should have given him more legs instead of making him a tripod. Give me a gun spider!
What do you think the new chick turns into? My money is on helicopter.
And what will Megatron become? I am in favor of a tank. Because of his arm cannon. Soundwave could become a military vehicle. Or maybe a surveillance truck?

Post Merge: July 10, 2018, 03:47:39 AM

Yanno, I still want them to do an ordinary small plane again. I always hated Powerglide as a character but I like the idea of a simple little plane that can land on water. Or even a sail plane that needs another character to lift them up. Like a couple or siblings who depend on each other in alt mode. But I guess that won't sell  :lol
Or bring back Tracks and his ridiculous flying car mode! He was like a James Bond car. I also wish the bots would tune themselves. We got a bit of that with Knock Out and Sideswipe that would have some decals and be vain but I want a bot who just constantly tries to get updates and changes looks every few weeks.
They could sell the same character in 20 repaints and it would make sense :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:48:30 AM by Zapper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal