collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed  (Read 22314 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2018, 10:45:20 AM »
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Cyberverse_(cartoon)

It seems they're bringing Arcee in as well. Perhaps she'll take on the guiding role of older and more experienced soldier?

Post Merge: August 13, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

Wow, so at least in this clip Windblade is a damsel in distress loser who just let's TC take her sword as if she was glued to the ground. What a change from the RID Windblade who was super competent and arrogant. Can I have that one back?

Bee doesn't annoy me here. He's that Bay version who just plays radio clips and he seems brainless. I chuckled :lol:

I like NURiD15 Windblade too. This one has a marionette mouth that kinda creeps me out a little.

I think she just got blindsided, which can happen to anyone.

Thundercracker looks cool and seems like a total bamf. But him grunting like an angry gorilla is off putting. Hopefully he'll talk, and not just be dumb muscle.

The fight animation flows nicely
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:55:33 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »
For anyone with the CN app, the first 2 eps are on now. We see a new seeker and Perceptor is back!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2018, 07:39:23 AM »
WOO!!  I just watched the first two episodes and I'm really digging this series. 

Spoiler
I am surprised but very happy that they referenced Windblade being a city-speaker, which ties into her IDW comic book abilities.  (A cityspeaker is a bot who can communicate with metrotitans--which are the city-formers like Metroplex.  Their thoughts are so alien and complex that your average Cybertronian can't talk with them.)

Bumblebee's "talking through radio" thing . . . is still kind of annoying!  But overall I really enjoyed the episodes and at least he talks normally in his own head.  I don't know what it is about this version of Windblade, but I got invested in her as a character very quickly.  (And felt for her, having to deal with amnesiac Bumblebee, lol.)

My favorite moment was her saying, "I'll use this to do a cortical psychic patch!" and then pulling out WHATEVER THAT WAS.  LOL.

One thing I think the show does especially well is show how incredibly fast the jets are.  They just SCREAM across the screen.

I also noticed the jets (including Windblade) have a slightly higher pitched Transformation sound, like they are living at a slightly faster pace than car-bots.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2018, 07:59:31 AM »
WOO!!  I just watched the first two episodes and I'm really digging this series. 

Spoiler
I am surprised but very happy that they referenced Windblade being a city-speaker, which ties into her IDW comic book abilities.  (A cityspeaker is a bot who can communicate with metrotitans--which are the city-formers like Metroplex.  Their thoughts are so alien and complex that your average Cybertronian can't talk with them.)

Bumblebee's "talking through radio" thing . . . is still kind of annoying!  But overall I really enjoyed the episodes and at least he talks normally in his own head.  I don't know what it is about this version of Windblade, but I got invested in her as a character very quickly.  (And felt for her, having to deal with amnesiac Bumblebee, lol.)

My favorite moment was her saying, "I'll use this to do a cortical psychic patch!" and then pulling out WHATEVER THAT WAS.  LOL.

One thing I think the show does especially well is show how incredibly fast the jets are.  They just SCREAM across the screen.

I also noticed the jets (including Windblade) have a slightly higher pitched Transformation sound, like they are living at a slightly faster pace than car-bots.

Bee annoys me, but yeah. I can see myself getting into this. As long as he starts talking again. Someone said the transforsming noise sounded like a 5 note fart. XD I can't unhear it now.  Poor Windblade, its amazing she's kept her patience.

Spoiler
I liked the memory scene best. :3 And the one where Bee talked to Starscream was funny. I like her City Speaker persona here too. Hope to see more of that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:02:23 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2018, 05:17:58 AM »
It still looks very cheap to me animation-wise.
Spoiler
Windblade also still comes across as weak when Bumblebee needs to be strong. Just like TC whom BB is able to stop mid-punch. Bot, please.

I don't find the audio thing that annoying. It's handled better than the Bay version because now we actually have facial expressions to go along with it. The R2D2 beeping in TFP with other people having to awkwardly translate it annoyed me wayyy more. And at least Bee is able to speak normally in his mind.
He also looks really cute in his bikini armor. I had serious cute!BB withdrawal after that brotastic TFP dude.

So far not a lot to base an opinion on (save for the look which is a choice... the cheap Cybertronians who all look the same and the image of Earth that looked like a preschooler painted it... woof.)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
Bikini Armor! XD

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
The next episode is two weeks away so I watched again and I noticed the credits say "Nova Storm" and mention a female VA - we have a second girl seeker! That's neat. I am not familiar with her at all.

Also noticed that they just don't bother with a theme song anymore. That's sad. I will forever love Transformers EVO and the orchestral opening from TFP.

Btw, when I typed that TFP Bee's design was brotastic I meant to say RiD. I am getting confused with all those Bumblebees :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2018, 08:32:31 AM »
So I hear this is on the death slot. Why does CN even bother? Why does Hasbro bother with these people?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/jNhjRteBjNM

White Out

Ooh Windy laid some sick burns on Slipstream. She is a sassy girl! XD

Who is that other Seeker with TC and Slipstream?

I really don't like the wings popping in and out. It annoys me. I hope this doesn't become a standard.

Thundercracker's voice doesn't suit him.

Spoiler
I was disappointed that she didn't find anyone. She could really use a hand, since BB is about as reliable as a toddler.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:43:15 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:20 AM »
I really want to like this show, but aside from the character lineup I think it's just meh so far.

The power levels are seriously weird. The seekers are always just as strong or weak as the plot commands.
I also have some issues with the voice acting. I don't really care if Peter Cullen drags his butt into the studio or not because his voice has aged and some Optimi are just too young for him to do (TFA Optimus for example) but I do have issues with someone who does a Peter Cullen impression instead of making the character his own.
TFC Optimus sounds like an epic trailer voice, no offense.

I also feel like Windblade sounds stoic and monotone one scene and in the next scene she is a sassmaster.
It's nitpicky but I am basing this comparison on the comics and RiD, so I feel something about her characterization is off here.
Plus, I can't handle my favorite girl being outsnarked by an Autobot. Slipstream is the premium snarker, don't take that away from her.

It's hard when the only char I connect to is Bumblebee instead of my faves :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Yeah, its not the greatest show I've ever seen. I feel its a major step down from RiD15 which was, far more entertaining and cohesive. Geeze, even Rescue Bots has its act together.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »
Yeah, its not the greatest show I've ever seen. I feel its a major step down from RiD15 which was, far more entertaining and cohesive. Geeze, even Rescue Bots has its act together.

I loved Rescue Bots. It was really cute and the fact it all took place on a technologically adcanced island was nice. It was aimed at very young children but it had more heart and soul than what is usually geared towards the older kids.

I miss Blades.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »
https://youtu.be/vMGGFo2-9R0

Episode 6. Poor Bee. Megatron is portrayed very well as cruel and powerful.

Soundwave's voice is unfitting.

What's-her-face is a brute.

Took a bit of a dark turn.

Maybe Hasbro is finally stepping up their game?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:16:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »

So weird they have a Peter Cullen soundalike but they skimp out on Soundwave's vocalizer effect. Especially when he looks so much like G1.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2018, 08:02:29 AM »

So weird they have a Peter Cullen soundalike but they skimp out on Soundwave's vocalizer effect. Especially when he looks so much like G1.

You'd think. I actually kinda flinched in annoyance when I heard how normal his voice sounded.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:16:57 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal