collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed  (Read 22323 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I didn't watch any of the Bay films . . . not the first one because the robots were ugly, and not the ones after because after that I knew what to expect, lol.  I watched Youtube reviews of most of them and, yeeeeah, that Dorito design for Starscream was terrible, but what was worse was he didn't even backstab Megatron?  Seriously?  That is THE ONE TRAIT Starscream is consistently known for, even the 'noble' Armada version.

I have been on the fence about watching the new movie because the robot faces are STILL ugly.  This has pushed me farther towards the 'not watching it' side.  To me, not having him named 'Starscream' means . . . not Starscream. Like, I get the economic argument.  But every time I see Blitzwing it's going to take me out of the movie and make me feel sad about 'what could have been.'   It's funny because usually I have a strict rule about never watching trailers.  I sure wish I'd never watched this one!  But I did, I got invested, and now I'm feeling bummed before the movie even comes out.  It may not feel fair or logical that one trailer and one little name change could make that much of a difference.  All I can say is . . . it doesn't matter if it's fair or logical, it's how I'm feeling.

If it turns out Blitzwing has a screechy voice and has a lot of lines about "Megatron is a fool! I will be the TRUE LEADER of the Decepticons!"  then I will watch it.  If he doesn't but the movie is otherwise good then I might watch it.  Definitely no longer planning on seeing it on opening night.  I will let my real life TF loving friends see it first and see what they say.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:16:58 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
None of these movies get my money :lol: but I watched them all illegally to form an opinion.

And I will only go pay for this if reviews say the teen girl is not sexualized and the insane violence and bitterness towards the TF franchise got toned down.

The selling points so far for me are:
-Bee is cute and is a VW Käfer. Not a New Beetle, not a random compact car, not a freaking Camaro but his original alt!

-A girl and her alien friend. I love these kinds of stories because that's what I wanted as a child, to have my own TF or E.T.

-That Seeker that may or may not be Starscream because I'm hoping for the real Scream Shady to please stand up. As I told you, the Bay Screamer does not question Megatron and that's not funny to me. He was a random grunt in the first one, in the other ones he was a suck-up and got abused by Megs for no reason. He took over when Megs was out but the moment he came back Starscream was like "ohhh so great you are back let me suck your toes great leader" and there was nothing backstabbing about it.
Bay and his writers just hated the original Starscream and the changes happened because of fan demand. In the first one Starscream didn't even have a screechy voice. So if the Bayverse now has a Starscream that is called Blitzwing I will suck it up and let the other Bayverse Starscream stay dead (Sam kills him. SAM!). When he was about to become more like the Starscream we know Sam makes his head explode and he is gone.

Maybe the new one is a triple changer? That would explain the name more. I mean... I am completely disillusioned about the Bay stuff because my faves have already been replaced by Bay crap. Jazz was a dumb parody, Jetfire was an old fart (literally) and Hound was Kup if Kup was gross.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:38:48 AM by Zapper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
I won't even watch the Bay films illegally because I don't want that nonsense in my brain, LOL.

But despite never watching The Last Knight, I do watch Linday Ellis' and Andre the black nerd's review of it from time to time. Those two are hilarious. :P  Can't remember if I linked it before, but here's their review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72BRt-SbGwg&t=1580s

"Just like a million middle fingers raining down for two hours."  :lol:

I will take the Girl and Alien Robot Friend over the Bay films 'plots' ANY day of the week, but at the same time it's not really a plot that excites me . . . just one that's acceptable.  The whole "how humans and alien robots CONNECT" has always been the most uninteresting part of the franchise to me.  Beast Wars was so refreshing to me because it was all about how the Transformers related to each other, not to humanity.  (I mean, humanity was a plot point because they helped the Autobots in the future, but it's not like the BW bots had a human buddy.)

I wish they would just make animated movie films for the Transformers, to be honest.  Because the only reason to do live action is so they can put human actors in there.  Which means the human element is always going to be a big plot point one way or another.  Like, they would never do a Lost Light movie unless they stuck a human on the ship.  (Pleeease don't.)

I don't think Bay ever liked or cared about any aspect of Transformers.  They are just a convenient vehicle (ho ho ho) to show off his true love: the military, big explosions, and Bud Light.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:48:16 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
So apparently Travis Knight announced at SDCC that the jet in the Bumblebee movie is not Starscream but . . . Blitzwing?!

I gotta be honest, I am so disappointed.  Why make him look so much like Starscream if he's not Starscream?  Thinking I might skip the movie.

Whuh?  :blink: But he doesn't look anything like Blitzwing.

Yeah, not a bit of purple on him . . . Maybe Knight was just trolling?  I'm grasping at straws now, lol.

Let's hope.

A million middle fingers raining down.  That sounds like a homemade hacked screen saver.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:16:55 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I honestly don't get Lindsay Ellis because she seems to be a TF fan and realizes the Bay films are horrible and crap on TF, but she still can enjoy them and fangirl them? I am all for enjoying movies that are "so bad it's good" but after 5 films there is a point reached where I am like "end this. Reboot this from scratch".

I am not hot on human/robot but I like it when the focus is on a girl who appreciates the TFs because that is where my self-insertion comes in. I could never relate to a bad person like Sam whose goal in life was to become famous and have a hot gf, not to actually bond with cool alien robots. They wrote him like he was ashamed of Bumblebee. It was tough to watch. Like a man kicking his dog.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I honestly don't get Lindsay Ellis because she seems to be a TF fan and realizes the Bay films are horrible and crap on TF, but she still can enjoy them and fangirl them? I am all for enjoying movies that are "so bad it's good" but after 5 films there is a point reached where I am like "end this. Reboot this from scratch".

I am not hot on human/robot but I like it when the focus is on a girl who appreciates the TFs because that is where my self-insertion comes in. I could never relate to a bad person like Sam whose goal in life was to become famous and have a hot gf, not to actually bond with cool alien robots. They wrote him like he was ashamed of Bumblebee. It was tough to watch. Like a man kicking his dog.

Exactly!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Whelp, Cyberverse is going to the place where shows go to die. Cartoon Network. Idk why anyone puts up with their crap? Would have gotten better treatment from Nickelodeon or Netflix. Might as well call themselves TTG network and aim the cannon at their own ship. RIP Cyberverse. We'll barely know thee.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:47:50 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Oh boy.  I pray to the cartoon gods that they give it a good airtime.  Pleeeease.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Oh boy.  I pray to the cartoon gods that they give it a good airtime.  Pleeeease.

Since Mega Man Fully Charged has the 6:30 am slot, it'll hopefully be on a little later in the morning.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I can't stop staring... Optimus Prime has curvy thighs!  He's a ROBOT!!!!  Oh why....
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I can't stop staring... Optimus Prime has curvy thighs!  He's a ROBOT!!!!  Oh why....

He's here to pump you ahp!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:48:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile

Because the thighs don't lie.

This human is in awe of Optimus' curves.  (Aw, I miss Transformers Prime.)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Because the thighs don't lie.

This human is in awe of Optimus' curves.  (Aw, I miss Transformers Prime.)

:rofl:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2018, 09:20:14 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9n73hC84is

Another clip. Holy cow, Bumblebee is annoying!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Characters / designs for next Transformers cartoon (Cyberverse) revealed
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:21 AM »
Wow, so at least in this clip Windblade is a damsel in distress loser who just let's TC take her sword as if she was glued to the ground. What a change from the RID Windblade who was super competent and arrogant. Can I have that one back?

Bee doesn't annoy me here. He's that Bay version who just plays radio clips and he seems brainless. I chuckled :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal