collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meet your new Princess - Update: TOYS & TRAILER  (Read 33466 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Meet your new Princess - Update: TOYS & TRAILER
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
I have watched a few episodes now.

I am not huge on the art style of this version so I don't really like the design of any of the characters so far. Except maybe Swiftwind. But the story is working out for me so far. I'll keep watching.

Also @ Zapper - I am not sure how I feel about Shadow Weaver's voice yet. I think she might be interesting going forward though, fingers crossed.

In terms of the other point, I think it's not about liking or disliking or expressing like or dislike. If someone dislikes it they can say so. I think it's more about where the line is drawn between respecting other people's preference on things. It reminds me of the year and a half of factional backbiting that went on over the Jem movie on one of the community's oldest lists (which since died, I am sure the movie stuff killed it because so many people left).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »
I’ve never seen the original She Ra series bout I’m willing to give this new version a chance. I want to watch a couple episodes of the original series also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »
I finished watching all the episodes. I really like it. I love the princesses and the magic. It's pretty, positive, and fun. But also emotional. I'm compelled by Catra and Adora's relationship for example. This is what good cartoons should do. It's so magical.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
Mattel to revive the old style She-Ra as well, in book format:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/24/masters-of-the-universe-she-ra-golden-books-2019/

Who knows, maybe those truly awesome HQ dolls they showed at SDCC (or was it PowerCon?) will become mainstream toys? Scaled down versions of those dolls would be a hit I think.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »
Neat! I didn't know matel owned golden books?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
I don't think Mattel owns Golden Books, but Golden Books does make books of a lot of licensed characters. :)  I've seen some MLP FIM ones that had a really cute art style (not just screencaps of the show, which I've always thought is lazy for a book.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »
I binged last weekend.  At first, and as the messages to Aadra310 will corroborate, I was not impressed.  I disliked the style, the age reset, EVERYTHING about Catra, that Glimmer looks like a nine year old, that Bow was a geek, etc.  But by the third episode all that changed.  Well, I still don't really like the animation and that Glimmer still looks like a child, but everything else did a complete 180!  (Entrapta is best character) (Also Scorpia)

EDIT: (Also Sea Hawk)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:55:45 PM by Skeen »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
Scorpia is probably my favorite princess. I love what they did with her. Her personality and design are unique and fun for a 'bad guy'. She is capable of being competent, yet we also get a certain level of vulnerability from her character that contrasts her appearance and what one would 'think' she is going to be like in interesting ways. Plus, she looked fab in Princess Prom and her vehicle in that episode was quirky and fun.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2018, 09:36:09 AM »
I love Scorpia and how sweet she is and enamored of Catra :)

Catra is a seriously flawed character, but I like that too, so much better than "Good turned bad just waiting for the right moment to prove her heart is true" -  when she did that thing to Adora...  you know that she is more than just a good guy waiting to be redeemed.

I like that Entrapta and Bow are such geeks too-   I didn't hear the part about Bow having 2 dads though, maybe that will be next season?

Given the marketing that is ramping up, and the extreme popularity/success of the show thus far, I have to assume that we will get another season or 3 :D

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
I watched all the currently available episodes in one sitting.  On the whole, I'm quite happy with how the series was handled.  I think my only real complaint is that there are some very obvious animation errors and miscolors in certain frames, and some of the infills look wonky.  Pretty minor on the whole.  And maybe I'm still not sold on Swiftwind's new incarnation but we'll see - he didn't exactly get a lot of speaking lines until the last couple of episodes.

The character depth and development is great, everyone is pretty relatable and unique enough to stand out without being overbearingly annoying.  I wouldn't mind seeing one or two more male characters with speaking parts.  I really enjoy the tension between Adora and Catra.  Having grown up together and being best friends, practically siblings, gives Adora a very good reason to not just smite her nemesis outright which was sorely lacking in the original series.  I love Entrapta, I think she's my favourite out of all of them. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal