collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Brite  (Read 14043 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Rainbow Brite
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:09 AM »
I know we had another Rainbow Brite discussion thread but when I looked it up using search it had been a while since anyone posted on it.

I noticed the Rainbow Brite DVD was back in stock at Hallmark.com after being out of stock for several months and I also ordered the Rainbow Brite Funko Pop.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Brite
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
I just noticed the 4-pack with Patty, Buddy, and their sprites- is on clearance on Hallmark.com and QUITE cheap!

https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/stuffed-animals/itty-bittys/itty-bittys-rainbow-brite-collector-set-with-buddy-sprite-champ-sprite-patty-sprite-and-lucky-sprite-stuffed-animals-1KDD1065.html

It's a very cute set

AAACK!  The Indigo Red Butler (+ two sprites) also clearance!  SO cheap! https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/stuffed-animals/itty-bittys/rainbow-brite-itty-bittys-collection-of-indigo-red-butler-hammy-sprite-and-romeo-sprite-1KID3426.html

And OJ sprite-

I am tempted to get duplicates - but my wife would accuse me of feeding my hoarding tendencies...

I really want the Lurky Murky set to go on sale but no dice.

I did notice they have the new Rainbow Brite ornament preview-

She's a little weird looking I guess but I hope to get it!

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/rainbow-brite-and-twink-ornament-1799QGO2026.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:14:30 AM by Galactica »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 10:42:46 AM »
Wow, those are great prices on the Itty Bitty sets and orange Sprite . :)  I only have the Itty Bitty  Rainbow Brite so far. Did Hallmark make a Moonglow doll? I saw a Tickled Pink online and a Stormy doll a long time ago. I agree with you about the ornament but it's still cute.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:44:41 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »
Wow, those are great prices on the Itty Bitty sets and orange Sprite . :)  I only have the Itty Bitty  Rainbow Brite so far. Did Hallmark make a Moonglow doll? I saw a Tickled Pink online and a Stormy doll a long time ago. I agree with you about the ornament but it's still cute.

Ponyfan

No Moonglow so far-  they made a large Rainbow Brite and Tickled Pink- and Stormy.

I WISH they'd make Moonglow- but if the Bitties are going on clearance, that's probably not the greatest sign...

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:19:25 PM »
I have the Murky and Lurky set, they're super cute! I admit, I have duplicates of the Indigo/Red Butler set and some of the singles because one of the Hallmarks in town was closing and they were all on clearance.  :blush: I really hope they finish the line and release a Canary Yellow and Sprite and a Tickled Pink and Moonglow for the itty bittys. I'd also love a Moonglow doll. Wishful thinking maybe but they haven't been doing much this year so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »
I also hope they do a Moonglow. :) My Hallmark.com order came today. Here's a picture of my Rainbow Brite Funko Pop. 

She does have her hair ribbon and ponytail, it's just really hard to see from the front of the box.

Ponyfan

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »
I also hope they do a Moonglow. :) My Hallmark.com order came today. Here's a picture of my Rainbow Brite Funko Pop. 

She does have her hair ribbon and ponytail, it's just really hard to see from the front of the box.

Ponyfan

Yes- you can see there is another photo on Hallmark.com (for sale there too)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
She's super cute! I'll have to swing by my Hallmark and see if they have her.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
I have the Murky and Lurky set, they're super cute! I admit, I have duplicates of the Indigo/Red Butler set and some of the singles because one of the Hallmarks in town was closing and they were all on clearance.  :blush: I really hope they finish the line and release a Canary Yellow and Sprite and a Tickled Pink and Moonglow for the itty bittys. I'd also love a Moonglow doll. Wishful thinking maybe but they haven't been doing much this year so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yes I was really really hoping for Moonglow too...  but haven't seen much new recently (except the ornament which was long in planning) so my hopes are not super high...

Still, was happy to get some of the items I've been holding off on (I'm glad they didn't sell out - like Murky and Lurky) - I had been waiting for a free shipping offer-  :D

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 11:23:27 PM »
I opened my Hallmark Rainbow Brite DVD and watched several of the episodes  The opening song of "Rainbow Brite, see the shining light.." is missing and episodes after "The Beginning of Rainbow Land" have a short intro telling that a little girl "proved herself worthy and brave and became Rainbow Brite..." The ending credits still have the "Rainbow Brite and Me" song.  There is no play all function on the DVD so each episode must be selected seperately.

The colors on the DVD look okay to me. I did notice they looked a little more muted on Peril in the Pits than in other episodes but that could be because the master Hallmark used might have detoriated more than the ones from other episodes. Overall I'm really happy with the DVD . :)

Ponyfan

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »
I have been holding off on some of the new RB items, even though I regret not getting any of those from the 25th anniversary reboot a few years ago.  I had ordered the DVD awhile ago and watched a few episodes.  The quality could be better but I am just excited to finally have the whole series to go with my Star Stealer DVD.  I never really got to watch the regular episodes as a kid, so I don't really notice the stuff that is missing.  I loved renting the movie from the video store.

I just finally bought Puppy Brite and Twink from Hallmark.  I was getting discouraged because it seemed like they weren't restocking.  Now they have more items and a few of the DVDs.  I had to order mine online at the time I got it.  Twink was actually on clearance, about half off.  So, that was nice.  I had store credit to use, so only paid an extra $2 for both.  I kind of want the RB and Tickled Pink dolls, but $30-35 seems so expensive right now. 

I wish I still had my childhood RB stuff.  I got rid of it along the lines somewhere.  I have replaced Starlite, and should be getting Emotions Twink and Puppy Brite in September.  I had the 12" RB doll with Twink hand sprite too.  Haven't found a suitable replacement for them.  I do have Baby RB now too.  Her and Puppy Brite I did not have as a kid.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw "Rainbow Brite and the Star Star Stealer" movie first. I still have my VHS tape that I recorded from Disney channel when they had it on TV. I didn't know why Brian was the only child that could see Rainbow Brite  or why he had the magic key that took him to Rainbow Land that doesn't work when it puts it in the closet. I watched that VHS tape so many times my dad labeled it "Rainbow Brite" even though there was other stuff on the tape.  :lol:

I do remember renting "The Beginning of Rainbow Land" VHs from the video store but I didn't like those episodes and I don't think I rented anymore Rainbow Brite VHS tapes. I do like the other Rainbow Brite episodes just not "The Beginning of Rainbow Land" for some reason.

I'm also happy to have an offical DVD release of the episodes because I'm pretty sure I saw most of them for the first time on Youtube and the quaility wasn't really good on most of them. 

I still have my childhood Rainbow Brite doll, my Twink (although I think he is a fast food promo because he is sort of small and squeaks?) and my Rainbow Brite Cereal kite.

I'd love to some more of the new Hallmark Rainbow Brite stuff. :) So far I have the DVD set Rainbow Brite Itty Bitty the Funko Pop and the Rainbow Brite coloring book.

Ponyfan

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »
Guess what? Rainbow Brite has a comic series by Dynamite and it looks really, really good! Issue 1 has preview pages.

https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?CAT=DF-Rainbow_Brite
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:11:59 AM by lalalei2001 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
Am I the only one who would like Rainbowbrite dolls with normal doll hair?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »
Am I the only one who would like Rainbowbrite dolls with normal doll hair?

No, that would be cool.  The 25th Anniversary dolls had normal hair. 

I recently got the new Tickled Pink doll, DeeDee(?) pink sprite, and Sunriser because I had a 40% off coupon for Hallmark.  I still want the newer RB doll and adult coloring book.  The last time I was in to our Hallmark here, they had it all in the back because they did not have the shelf room for everything with new stock for Christmas. 

One of the RB items I remember having as a kid was the toothpaste topper.  I so want to get ahold of this again.  For some reason I remember that more vividly than any of the toys I had.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal