collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunset Shimmer now at Build-a-Bear!  (Read 8382 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Sunset Shimmer now at Build-a-Bear!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »
They had her in the local BAB today, first time I saw her in person. The display one had messy hair, though, and I didn't see any in the bin - just Songbird who is also still on sale here.

I am hoping that by the time I actually get to start of term and teaching she will still be around as there is no way I am going to have any money to spare on her till at least the end of October...

She does look very cute though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
I'm still waiting for my Build a Bear to restock Sunset Shimmer. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
She's great.  They still have Big Mac available and I kind of want to get him but I don't have any room.  Sadly I was going to try to get Shining Armor and maybe Cadence but they're long gone.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »
My store is still out and when I ask if they’re going to get more Sunset Shimmers in I either get “I hope so.” or “We can order it online.” :sad:

Ponyfan

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
Apparently they still haven't restocked at either BaB in my area either...I saw the last one they had 2 weeks ago, but passed on her in favor of Meowth. I thought they'd have more in that time.

Does anyone know if you can ask BaB to order online over the phone? Or do you have to pay for it when you ask them to order? I only ask because I have a $10 coupon and a $10 gift card I was gonna use on her next week, but can apparently only do this in-store. :/ Of course their online system won't accept my gift card.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
I am still resisting her so far. Though I might be tempted to cave and get her when my move is done. The problem is that at home I already have minus wardrobe space thanks to the large G3 plushes SweetSong and Sunny Daze as well as BAB Minty and Dash. And in my new, smaller London accommodation I have to find room already for two owls, a whale, a slice of sashimi, a Pinkie mermaid and a tiny grumpy Twilight Sparkle plush. So I am not quite sure where she'd live at the moment.

I just know I need more Sunset Shimmer in my life.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »
Bab had that fiasco, pay ur age day.  They sent out $15 cert. good towards any animal with exp. end of Aug.  Just show them the coupon on ur phone or print & bring in.  I believe there no unique sku/upc, as I found the image online via Google search & has the exact same #s.  We wont be using ours.  If anyone wants it I can email to them or if it isn't again arena rules, maybe someone can post it here for all those interested.  In-store use only, cannot be used on accessories, good towards a furry friend only.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 10:59:16 AM »
Bab had that fiasco, pay ur age day.  They sent out $15 cert. good towards any animal with exp. end of Aug.  Just show them the coupon on ur phone or print & bring in.  I believe there no unique sku/upc, as I found the image online via Google search & has the exact same #s.  We wont be using ours.  If anyone wants it I can email to them or if it isn't again arena rules, maybe someone can post it here for all those interested.  In-store use only, cannot be used on accessories, good towards a furry friend only.

You also need to have a BaB account. I've heard rumors that they can tell if your account is too new to have recieved the $15 off(it had a time limit), but somehow I kind of doubt they actually check.

And also some said they had problems with the stores telling them that Sunset was not part of the sale. She definitely was, as she was available before Pay Your Age Day. But I guess possibly be prepared to correct a staff member with her release date if they say she's not.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 11:29:21 AM »
Hmm... Idk if they'll be that strict, but I haven't tried either.  I'd say sign up for email(club) & have them scan ur coupon.  Worth a try if buying a bab anyway.  They do ask for ur club # at the register when checking out so ur purchase can go towards accumulating reward pts.  I highly doubt they have specific dates on when ur your acct was activated.  The coupon was active for print 3-4days, it was extended bc bab website was crashing with new acct sign ups.  Hmm ..even if they did question u, can easily say this is ur new acct bc new email.  (I forgot my original bab registration bc of multiple emails & signed up for a new acct :blink:)

I saw 2 families come in saying they were there for pay your age bday bear (new offer after the fiasco as well), and they weren't asked for any club info & started stuffing.  Employee usually asks at checkout but we left b4 I saw how i saw if they were being strict or not on that offer.  You have to be a bab club member to get that deal too.  But I would think if they gave u a hard time, just sign up on the spot with ur mobile & pay ur child's age... 

Exclusions: not valid on barbie, kabo, power rangers, jumbo furry friends.  It doesn't have MLP listed, so I would have to argue that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:36:36 AM by Kiwichi »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »
Hmm... Idk if they'll be that strict, but I haven't tried either.  I'd say sign up for email(club) & have them scan ur coupon.  Worth a try if buying a bab anyway.  They do ask for ur club # at the register when checking out so ur purchase can go towards accumulating reward pts.  I highly doubt they have specific dates on when ur your acct was activated.  The coupon was active for print 3-4days, it was extended bc bab website was crashing with new acct sign ups.  Hmm ..even if they did question u, can easily say this is ur new acct bc new email.  (I forgot my original bab registration bc of multiple emails & signed up for a new acct :blink:)

I saw 2 families come in saying they were there for pay your age bday bear (new offer after the fiasco as well), and they weren't asked for any club info & started stuffing.  Employee usually asks at checkout but we left b4 I saw how i saw if they were being strict or not on that offer.  You have to be a bab club member to get that deal too.  But I would think if they gave u a hard time, just sign up on the spot with ur mobile & pay ur child's age... 

Exclusions: not valid on barbie, kabo, power rangers, jumbo furry friends.  It doesn't have MLP listed, so I would have to argue that.

Specific date wouldn't be hard to track, I think. But it wouldn't surprise me if they track by sign up month and year. So if you have a coupon that was for July and the account was made in August...but I feel like that's really something only a stickler for rules or a manager would care about. :lol: Luckily I never see the managers around here.

But yeah, this whole Pay Your Age thing really has been a big trainwreck. I feel bad for the employees. Apparently corporate is confusing them really bad with what is and isn't eligible for $15 off. Hence the confusion with some of them about Sunset Shimmer specifically.

Luckily I used mine already and I have a $10 off $30 that they sent me in the mail instead.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
Sunset Shimmer was released right before the Pay Your Age day I have a picture of the display Sunset in my phone that I took on July 6th. :) Sunset should be eligible for the voucher but I think some employees are confused because Discovery specifically blocked the BAB Shark Week Sharks from the Pay Your Age voucher so maybe that’s why some employees also thought Sunset Shimmer was excluded.

Also I think some people got confused because animals that came out after Pay Your Age day aren’t eligible for the voucher. My store had to post signs next to each animal stating whether they were included or not.

I’m not sure if you have to be a Bonus Club Member to get the The Pay Your Age/Count Your Candles Birthday Bear for your child’s age.

I’m really disappointed that my BAB has only stocked Sunset Shimmer once. :sad: I really wanted to use my voucher on her. I’ve asked several times if they will restock her and I get vague answers in return.

Ponyfan

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
She's great, I'd love to get her but I'm just starting to rebuy MLP build a bear plushes after I donated pretty much all I had when I was done with ponies for the second time in my life. (lol)  Anyway, I wish they would make the tails longer and thicker. To have those nice long, thick manes then a tiny string of a tail looks weird.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »
She's great, I'd love to get her but I'm just starting to rebuy MLP build a bear plushes after I donated pretty much all I had when I was done with ponies for the second time in my life. (lol)  Anyway, I wish they would make the tails longer and thicker. To have those nice long, thick manes then a tiny string of a tail looks weird.

If it helps any, I'm looking to sell my Mane 6, CMC, Spike, and DJ Pon3 if you need any of those. I was going to garage sale them soon-ish.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
I saw something yellow at my Build a Bear and I was excited because I thought it was Sunset Shimmer but it turned out to be a different yellow non MLP character instead.  I’m still not sure why my kiosk store isn’t carrying her. They had Songbird for months after the new MLP movie release and even Trixie stayed longer than Sunset Shimmer.

Ponyfan

Post Merge: August 27, 2018, 09:09:11 AM

If you are still waiting for Sunset Shimmer to be restocked, you might want to check with your local Build a Bear employees. The employee at my kiosk store said he heard a rumor that Sunset is going to be discontinued soon. I hope it’s not true.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:09:11 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
I hope they don't discontinue her so soon either. I just got mine after all. Went into the store and they still had the display Sunset, so I bought her. Takes all the time out of stuffing too, which is nice.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal