collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Opinion on queen chrysalis and where she’s going?

Yes. She should reform sometime this season.
No. She should not reform at all. Villain forever!
She should reform. But not this season. Better late than never!
She should be defeated and never spoken of again, like king sombra!
Flee equestria and start a new changeling empire elsewhere.
Undecided.

Author Topic: Thoughts on queen chrysalis reforming  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Thoughts on queen chrysalis reforming
« on: June 30, 2018, 10:12:34 PM »
     Now that we’re on hiatus, I think it’s time to ask: where should queen bughor- I’m sorry. Just been informed that’s not what I’m to call her. Where should queen chrysalis go from here? We know she’s still a villain as of this post, but where do you think she will go? Should she reform now or later, or not at all? Should she just be killed (about as much as you can in a children’s show) and never spoken of again? Or should she leave equestria, and start a new colony elsewhere, no longer praying on ponies for the foreseeable future?
     What do you think should happen to her, and why?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on queen chrysalis reforming
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:32:51 PM »
I'm tired of reformed villains.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 05:38:53 AM »
I haven't kept up with FiM shows since somewhere in 3rd and 4th seasons or something. But how many 'roaming' villains are truly left?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »
Deafeated and thats it. I might like something like "she turned to be good now" like Cathrina from the G1 :P

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 07:03:18 AM »
We have had a number of reformed villains and also villains that have been defeated and never shown up again.  I'm ok with having one semi recurring villain.  After all, in life, there really are those individuals that are toxic.  They have to want to change and if they don't then the "power of friendship" isn't going to "fix" them.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 07:19:10 AM »
Ah thats what was meant with "deformed" ... ok. Hm. I though it was more like advanced or changed to even stronger villian-super-power lol!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 08:13:03 AM »
I'm with Leave a Whisper.  I'm sick of Meghan McCarthy's philosophy that there are no bad people, just broken ones.  No, Meghan, there are truly bad people out there, and in fiction true villainy is even more prevalent.  Let Chrysalis remain a villain.  Better yet, give her one last showdown in which she is vanquished.

Seriously, how many badly conceptualized shadows of Twilight Sparkle are they going to throw at us?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm very conflicted. The main reason I want to see her reformed is I want to see what her new form would look like, but that's not a very good reason to want something. I'm kind of tired of "friendship saves the day, villain is reformed", so what if it's not friendship that saves her but love, the very thing that she feeds off of and keeps her a villain.
Now hear me out.
What if during her roaming around Equestria she found some sort of creature (specifically one that could talk) to be her henchman of sorts. It would want to be her side kick due to either he and or she agrees with her motivations or maybe when he and or she came back to his and or her village mostly destroyed he and or she didn't assume she did it and decided to follow through with her.
So Chryssie is feeding off of her henchman's love while also having him and or her go around and help her with her evil plans or whatever. She does this for a while until eventually the mane six catch up to her (I'm not including Starlight in this because I'm biased and hate her), and are going to do their whole finish her or whatever thing. Whatever they can due that's closest to like banishing her. During the fight, Chryssie is about to be hit with like, a super strong friendship blast or some attack that is super strong, when the henchman jumps in front of her and takes the hit. Now, he and or she was already weak from Chryssie feeding off of it's love, so with the hit of the blast it's not doing so well. (We're just going to call the henchman "it" right now because I'm tired of writing he and or she XD) Chryssie realizes that the henchman took the hit for her and how weak it is. She tries to get it to come back, but it just won't come to consciousness. Chryssie realizes she ended up having a soft spot for the henchman and seeing it's act of kindness and love reforms Chryssie (in the new changeling design) and she starts trying to attack the mane 6. Eventually she stop and then other stuff happens ~I haven't thought this part out yet lol~ and basically she becomes good at the end because henchman is back to his health. She still has a grudge against the mane 6 though since they did almost kill her best friend.
Eeeeeh not my best work but I tried to think of something that would be satisfying. I know that a lot of people would rather have her just banished or whatever, but I feel like those endings don't get by as easily because the message of friendship and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:24:12 AM by WaterDraw »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
I also don't think every villain should be reformed. I liked that Diamond Tiara was a bully to Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Applebloom because it was realistic. Some people in the world are going to dislike you and be mean to you no matter what you do and just telling kids "keep being nice to the mean person until they become your friend" doesn't work in real life sometimes. 

As for Chrysalis I can't help but wonder why she's only after revenge on Starlight instead of Starlight and Thorax. Throax was instrumental in defeating her and yet she seems to only care about revenge on Starlight. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »
Waterdraw I love the idea of love saving her! I would be all for that if the very thing she needed to survive was the very thing that changed her!

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »
UGH NO. I adore redemption arcs, but not for tyrants who treat their own people like garbage.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »
Reformed, but somewhere mid final season. That way she can join Twilight and her League of Reformed Villains in the battle against the Big Bad in the series finale.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
UGH NO. I adore redemption arcs, but not for tyrants who treat their own people like garbage.

*cough Starlight Glimmer, King Charlatan*
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »
I forgot to mention that I liked how when Spike was trying to tell the Crystal Empire guards about Thorax and mentioned there might be a good Changeling Shining Armor got angry at Spike and made it clear he had not forgiven Chrysalis or forgotten what she’d done to him or Princess Cadance.

I feel like Starlight was forgiven too quickly with no real consequences for trying to destroy Equestria.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »
We have had a number of reformed villains and also villains that have been defeated and never shown up again.  I'm ok with having one semi recurring villain.  After all, in life, there really are those individuals that are toxic.  They have to want to change and if they don't then the "power of friendship" isn't going to "fix" them.

In agreement. I don't mind a recurring villain. Leaving her as is and not changing due to the "power of friendship" isn't a bad thing. Not everyone will change and stop bullying others even if they are kind to them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal