Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Rainbow Brite Help

(1/3) > >>

WaterDraw:
Now reading this title you might be asking why this isn't in the doll section. Well, I have a reason for I am not asking about the dolls, I AM SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE HORSES! (I don't know why that is in caps...just roll with it XD)
So I don't really know much about them...or Rainbow Brite in general but it's mostly the horses I don't know about, and ever since I have found Starlite (is that the rainbow horse's name?) at a thrift shop I have a newfound appreciation for the horse's designs.
So I need some help from anyone who has watched the show. What are Starlight, Sunriser, and Skydancer's personalities and genders? Sorry if I have their names wrong also. From my understanding Starlight is a boy, but I'm not sure about the other two and I don't know any of their personalities or characteristics. Any information would be useful!

EDIT: Okay apparently there's also a fourth horse named Shimmer! Information on her/him would be appreciated also :)

Galactica:
Well there is no "Shimmer" in the original Rainbow Brite series- just that horrible reboot (which admittedly had great toys)

As for the originals- Starlight (Rainbow's horse) was the biggest player- he was vain, had kind of a gay accent, but when it came down to it he was brave and had a huge heart.  "I'm the most magnificent horse in the galexy!" is a common phrase... 

Stormy's horse is Skydancer- he's the purple one. You don't get much personality from him other than that he is fierce and loyal to Stormy- maybe a little mischievous like Stormy.  He makes thunder when he kicks his hooves.

Sunriser appeared in one episode-  she's the pink horse.  In the reboot and in merch, they pair her with Tickled Pink- but she doesn't actually belong to Pink....

Here's a clip showing all three: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEX3JjM-VZc

There is also Onyx- he's the mechanical horse that belongs to Krys.  He appears in the Rainbow Brite movie-  "The Star Stealer"

He has a robot personality I guess although you get the idea he is skeptical of Starlite's pride...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's some wikki info about Krys- you can learn about Onyx in a round about way http://wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk/index.php5?title=Krys

WaterDraw:

--- Quote from: Galactica on June 28, 2018, 10:04:36 AM ---Well there is no "Shimmer" in the original Rainbow Brite series- just that horrible reboot (which admittedly had great toys)

As for the originals- Starlight (Rainbow's horse) was the biggest player- he was vain, had kind of a gay accent, but when it came down to it he was brave and had a huge heart.  "I'm the most magnificent horse in the galexy!" is a common phrase... 

Stormy's horse is Skydancer- he's the purple one. You don't get much personality from him other than that he is fierce and loyal to Stormy- maybe a little mischievous like Stormy.  He makes thunder when he kicks his hooves.

Sunriser appeared in one episode-  she's the pink horse.  In the reboot and in merch, they pair her with Tickled Pink- but she doesn't actually belong to Pink....

Here's a clip showing all three: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEX3JjM-VZc

There is also Onyx- he's the mechanical horse that belongs to Krys.  He appears in the Rainbow Brite movie-  "The Star Stealer"

He has a robot personality I guess although you get the idea he is skeptical of Starlite's pride...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's some wikki info about Krys- you can learn about Onyx in a round about way http://wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk/index.php5?title=Krys

--- End quote ---
Oh thank you! I'll be sure to check out all those links ^^
Yeah I was really confused when I first saw Shimmer. I thought she was a reboot of Skydancer until I realized her doll with her wasn't Stormy. Then I got really confused lol.
But thanks again for the information :)

invaderhorizongreen:
 Starlite  also came in a plush from for the bigger dolls, and I think there were two sizes for them. As well as the hair being made of yarn and really really frail. I have one even though I was never really into rainbow brite, and they were sitting next to a plush cotton candy.  I said ok these two probably came from the same house, they are gonna stay that way.

WaterDraw:
The Starlite I found seems to be pretty big for a plush toy, however I have yet to see a rainbow brite doll for myself so I can't be the judge of which size he is....
Also what do you mean by it's really really frail?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version