collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customs and a dino problem  (Read 3425 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Customs and a dino problem
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »
First, I did order a  JW Mosasaurus figure from a french store, today I´ve received the tracking number and it comes from China!!Now I have to pay for customs and wait an eternity for my package to arrive. Why I know this? I have a package that is "stuck" in customs for 3 weeks!!! I´ve alredy complained to the PO and customs. Today I´ve sent an email and their answer was : wait a few days. I want to really reply: "Aren´t 3 weeks enough waiting time?!" Anyone has sugestions?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:10:07 PM by alkevin »

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Customs and a dino problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
Well, I tried to contact the french store but no response. They only have email as contact form. Any suggestion?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »
Suggestion:  wait  :biggrin:

Seriously- there is nothing the store can do about customs. It's just one of those unfortunate things.

Sometimes I get my stuff from China in 10 days, sometimes 2 months.

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:49:37 PM »
I´ve received the package and they scammed me. I´m willing to give the website to put it on the black list. Seriously, don´t buy from them.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Oh no!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:14:04 AM »
Do not buy from them www.mva-sarl.fr

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:08:23 PM »
I'm very sorry for you. Curious, what was in the package?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 09:32:48 AM »
Tell us about what happened.  Sadly customs and taxes are just what they are... my family has had to drive out to the airport to pick up parcels 2x this week because the tariffs increased :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
Tell us about what happened.  Sadly customs and taxes are just what they are... my family has had to drive out to the airport to pick up parcels 2x this week because the tariffs increased :( 

I may be wrong (and clearly there are other issues), but I understood the OP to have bought the item thinking it was from France and ultimately it was sent from China. For someone in Europe like the OP that's a big significant difference. Portugal and France are both EU countries, there are no tariffs or custom barriers between them so there would be no customs delay or charge to send from one to the other.

To receive from China, however, would incur potentially an import duty and certainly would involve a delay in customs to check things out. In my experience a 3 week stretch in customs means a charge. If the UK customs are not going to charge an item, it comes right through. You can see it on the tracking that it literally spends a few minutes in the department and then is moved on. If it sits there for a day or two, you know they're doing the maths :/

In any case, I think the first issue is that the site is French but the item came from China. And if the site doesn't explain that before the purchase, then that's a problem. If it's in the smallprint, then I guess it's just an oversight.

But that is separate from whatever the other issues are.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 02:20:44 AM »
I agree with Taffeta, I also believe the main problem of alkevin is not the waiting, but that the items were thought to be located in France, from where no customs would have been expected as an addition, whereas it is an option for a package that is coming from China. I can understand the disappointment completely, and I'm sad to see it's not even the first time such an issue is brought up here, stores and also auctions on our local auction sites are getting increasingly common, where the items are not even in stock, the pictures used are from Aliexpress, and the seller/store only orders the stuff once they get an order from a local customer... and yeah, the long waiting time is usually mentioned, but I can't remember ever seeing a mention of possible customs fees. So far I have never got hit with customs for a package that came from China, but that's just luck and you can't just ignore it completely. Cases like the one alkevin told make me wonder and want to ask specifically before I buy...

I hope you can do something about the scamming alkevin! What was the exact issue, did they send something else? Or a counterfeit?

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »

I may be wrong (and clearly there are other issues), but I understood the OP to have bought the item thinking it was from France and ultimately it was sent from China. For someone in Europe like the OP that's a big significant difference. Portugal and France are both EU countries, there are no tariffs or custom barriers between them so there would be no customs delay or charge to send from one to the other.

Oooooooh yeah I understand.  In Canada, we have to pay customs/taxes/fees/brokerage to everyone!  The Americans, the Europeans, the British, the Chinese...
So I can understand why it's a big deal to expect NO customs fees and then have to pay them, if EU to EU packages are supposedly exempt.

I would open a case with "not as described" if only to get attention to the fact that they are doing this.  Leave very honest feedback as well!  Other people looking at this shop SHOULD know they will incur customs fees that are not disclosed.  I mean, opening a case for small punitive reasons is rude, but if they are advertising that they are in France as a French shop, then NOTHING should be coming from China to your house!  :(   

Does Ebay care about this yet?  I know Amazon had a seller refund us a customs fee last week because in Amazon's system, the seller is supposed to make sure they charge you the right amount so there's no extra fees or surprises at the end.  But DH paid, and somewhere in the midst of shipping, the tariffs changed.  *sigh*  We had to pay it, we let Amazon know, the seller sent us a small refund.  perhaps you could argue this point with Ebay?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
One of the many reasons that Brexit makes me angry - losing that privileged relationship of not paying custom tariffs within Europe. It's very nice and useful. I will miss it :( Right now we pay custom duties only from countries not in the EU, although I think we also don't pay fees from Switzerland or Norway which are not in the EU but have trade agreements that basically mean they're in the same custom union. Our govt are still arguing out whether or not we should be in a custom union, but it really isn't going well for the voice of global trading sanity. Let's just leave it at that.

Anyhow...

I have noticed (on a slightly different note) that Amazon will refund extra amounts spent on custom charges if it overestimates. That's not the same as if the shipping country is the wrong place of course, but I've noticed that, if I buy books from Japan and it charges me a speculative rate, I often later get refund notices from Amazon.jp because the actual amount paid was less.

It's so completely different from Ebay, where GSP blatantly overcharges and never refunds.

The idea of a company importing stuff from China but actually sending it direct from supplier to the buyer means they are also avoiding paying the custom fees themselves, they're passing it right to the buyer from the start. So they can advertise a lower price on the site, and then the buyer buys the item, and it gets shipped...and then the buyer gets a custom fee, and the seller doesn't. It's probably not illegal to do that, but it is sneaky and they should be open about where the item is shipping from.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
Not only the what was mentioned above, but also a diferent item. It should been this visitors can't see pics , please register or login
FNG24_01 by alkevin2006, no Flickr      But got visitors can't see pics , please register or login
IMG_20180724_003949 by alkevin2006, no Flickr   They don´t respond to my emails.

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
Not only the what was mentioned above, but also a diferent item. It should been this visitors can't see pics , please register or login
FNG24_01 by alkevin2006, no Flickr      But got visitors can't see pics , please register or login
IMG_20180724_003949 by alkevin2006, no Flickr   They don´t respond to my emails.

That is less of a Mosasaurus and more of the Magical Liopleurodon from Charlie the Unicorn.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 04:25:14 AM »
Did you pay with PayPal :/

If so you could open a case. You should of gotten what you ordered

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018