collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 1307 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »
I´ve been noticing that someone is trying to log in into my ebay account. I already contact them and one of the advice is to change the password. Is that really a good advice? Is there more I can do?

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
Unfortunately, no. The thing is, if someone is trying to jack your account and you are getting notified of failed logins it means your password is working.

Due to the nature of the internet there is no way of blocking attempts. Sometimes they can be by accident. Heaven only knows how many times I messed up a username thinking it was mine only to find out it wasn't mine in there first place. I probably gave those people a heart attack  x.x

On the same token, if it were malicious then the possibility of tracking the culprit down is slim to none. With the wider use of VPNs and browsers like TOR, that person could be logging in from anywhere. IP addresses function like a leased parking space. They can be passed around by different internet service providers (ISP), and some ISPs manage to allow you the ability to unplug your modem to refresh the address. The problem there is that you have to wait for someone else to connect to take your "parking spot", but the ability is still there to cover your tracks.

My best advice would be to remove all forms of payment and undock your Paypal until you go for a week or so without failed login notices. That way if they DO manage to nab your account they won't have free reign over your banking info.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:33:54 AM by Sweet Daes »

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
Thank you for the advice. Everyday I receive a notification of failed log ins.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »
You are more than welcome.

If it is that much of a problem you can always open a new eBay account and wait for the notices to stop. At that point you could merge the two, but under a different email address.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:03:39 PM by Sweet Daes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal