collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nevermind, sorry! Was a cleaning question, is solved  (Read 823 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Nevermind, sorry! Was a cleaning question, is solved
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »
Edit: Sorry, my bad!! Solved on my own after much more time trying!
I had tried on this for like 30 mins before posting, tried more afterwards and finally got it!! My ponies' heads were glued on and very very well at that, for G1s. I was being a bit too gentle with them because I was so afraid of ripping their vinyl, had to get pretty vigorous and I got one's head off.

Found out Ice Crystal was super rusty on the inside, bad news! I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and he is now totally spotless and feeling quite spiffy, good news! Now onto my seaponies!

Sorry for the post!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:18:36 PM by Esbayne »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nevermind, sorry! Was a cleaning question, is solved
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »
Congrats on solving your problem! I love Ice Crystal do you want to share a photo of him once you are done?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 07:04:10 AM »
Yeah sometimes you have to get really aggressive to break neck seals esp. on Big Brother ponies!!!!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:08:07 PM »
Thank you both! You certainly do have to get aggressive, lmao! I've never had ponies give me as much trouble before as he and the seaponies did.

And sure thing on the photos! He doesn't look much different now lol, because only his innards really needed cleaning, but here he is!

You could see the slightest bit of brown at the base of his tail, before, on the underside. If you weren't looking for it you'd never notice, but I'm glad I did before it got worse! His tail is pearly white all over now, no brown spots anymore!

Now his head turns! I don't re-seal their neck glue. I feel like it would lead to more issues down the road anyway, and I actually like when their heads can turn.

With his brother!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »
Now his head turns! I don't re-seal their neck glue. I feel like it would lead to more issues down the road anyway, and I actually like when their heads can turn.

Good call - it's better not to introduce yet another potentially unstable substance into the mix, and it is really cute when ponies have posable heads.  I wish Hasbro had made every MLP with that feature.  Lets you keep an eye on how things are internally too, make sure there aren't any more problems down the line.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 04:07:12 AM »
He is so gorgeous, thank you for sharing! I wonder why Hasbro decided to glue their heads on actually. Life would have been so much easier if they hadn't. And just think of the cost saving it would have meant for them: no paying for glue and also one less production step to deal with. Pity they didn't think of that in the beginning.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »
I'd imagine it was a safety concern thing?  There are small metal washers inside which could pose a choking hazard, so without glue the neck plug needs to be extra sturdy.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 12:05:35 AM »
Maybe that was their reasoning. It's a pest for us though; life would be so much easier without that glue. Though now that I think about it, perhaps it is better after all that the murderous brothers of little girls were not able to decapitate ponies to get back at their sisters for something-or-other. Just imagine how many would be headless today as well as trimmed, drawn on, etc, etc, etc...

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 03:05:23 AM »
If they were as sturdy as the G3's with turning heads, I don't think it'd be too likely to find headless ponies - it takes some serious muscle to get one of those apart, even without the glue!  I'd be very surprised if a child could manage such a feat.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal