collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 121983 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
Aw, I feel for you two! This makes me appreciate our abundance of pokestops more - luckily there's a lot where I live, which I sometimes find annoying because I never have enough space for items. I'll stop feeling annoyed and try to appreciate this a bit more - and I'll try to send you two more gifts :)

I really enjoyed the evolution event and seeing some otherwise uncommon Pokémon pop up more often. I did manage to evolve Gligar, Ralts, Magmar and 2 Burmies without having to use any rare candies, which made me very happy. That said though, now that the event is over, I'm starting to get a little bored again... as I'm usually playing on the same route, it's the same Pokémon that I encounter every day, and the catching feature alone, it seems, cannot keep me excited anymore. I am trying and trying, but I cannot beat the Rocket leaders*, so I find myself not trying so hard anymore. I also do not catch the Pokémon I have caught hundreds of times already, I only tap the ones that I am aware of existing in a shiny version - I did have some luck with this recently, and managed to catch a shiny Swinub (Shinub) and Mr. Mime (Mr.Shine XD ), and I also got a purple Kyogre from a quest, but shinies are so rare that they can't keep my excitement up enough either.

*speaking of them, Cliff creeps me out. The way he's turning to always face me when I walk past a Pokéstop occupied by him is totally creepy XD

I'm hoping the new buddy feature will be good and will get my excitemennt level up again - based on what I've read, it does sound good, and it's something I wished to have for a long long time (Pikachu was my starter, and already back then at the game's start I felt that he isn't walking with me is a missed opportunity on the developers' side. When the buddy system was introduced, I, again, was hoping that buddies will actually walk with us, so it's good to see this finally happening), so I'm eager to try it out. I did log in to have a quick look, and Togepi running around me was insanely cute! That said though, the Pokéstop next to my house was occupied by Rocket leader Arlo at that time, and it was a little concerning to see Togepi running around him, so I turned the game off :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2019, 03:42:32 PM »
I managed to catch a shiny Slakoth the other day.  He's pink!  And I just caught a Ditto hiding out as a Skitty so if anyone is trying to find Ditto, check the Skitties.

My co-worker set a Feebas as her buddy and it was hilarious watching it "swim" around in mid-air.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
Pokeyonekenobie, it's a similar thing with me - for ages there wasn't anything in sight. Very recently, a single stop has appeared in a children's playground in the next neighbourhood. It's such a shame, considering that Jurassic World Alive has a LOAD of stops all around where I live - I can't go walking for 2 minutes without being surrounded by at least 3 new ones.

I'd like to enjoy the buddy feature, but currently, my bag is full (again) and I've run out of berries :P Hopefully after Christmas I'll have time to actually play around with it.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2019, 07:23:51 AM »
Don't forget all the bonuses coming up next week.  You can get an incubator every day from spinning a stop and extra candies/exp/stardust for catching.  I forget what else is happening but you can look it up here https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/cubchoo-cryogonal-virizion-and-more-shadow-pokemon-this-december-in-pokemon-go/

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »
Ah, good to know - thanks for the heads up Pokeyonekenobie! Although I wish such big events wouldn't happen at times like this... on days when I'm not going to work I don't really play with the app (so I almost always miss community days too) - other than being on annual leave until next year, I also don't plan to move around much in the upcoming days. The past weeks have been awfully exhausting, so while I normally hate to stay at home all day, right now I'm weirdly enjoying it. During the holidays we'll travel to the in-laws, but that isn't where I am planning to play either, as we'll be with family, and as there aren't any pokéstops around their house, I'd have to leave the gathered family and go out to spin one to get an incubator, which may not be too polite.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2019, 07:34:42 AM »
I really hate when I add a new friend in order to complete a trade task only to have the next task be to make a new friend.  :drunk:

Everybody hatching right now?  It's half distance hatching through tomorrow, I think.  Don't forget that you can still get a free incubator a day when you spin.  I don't remember how long that's going on so don't miss it!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2020, 12:48:57 PM »
Yeah, that drives me up the wall when that happens!

Haven't been able to do much for the past few days - game got stuck loading 75%. It's happened before. I haven't found a way around it other than to wait one or two days for it to solve itself :huh:

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »
I'm also having issues with the game, although for me it's the AR refusing to work. It's too bad because I have a quest where I have to take 5 photos of ice-type Pokémon, and I was saving this for a day when I don't go anywhere and it's less likely that I encounter Pokémon, but I wasn't able to fulfill it yesterday because AR just didn' work at all. It just did not load. It still does not today... my experience with such issues is the same as Sora's: there isn't really much we can do, it will sort itself out in a couple of days.

I'm using 8 incubators at the moment, luckily I had the opportunity to spin almost every day, even if I didn't really plat that day. I missed the half distance hatching though, as I haven't even left the house yesterday. I still believe this whole event was a little ill-timed (I guess many people spend Christmas inside with family, and the 1st of January mostly in bed :P ). Oh well, they'll hatch eventually.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2020, 02:09:58 PM »
I'm also having issues with the game, although for me it's the AR refusing to work. It's too bad because I have a quest where I have to take 5 photos of ice-type Pokémon, and I was saving this for a day when I don't go anywhere and it's less likely that I encounter Pokémon, but I wasn't able to fulfill it yesterday because AR just didn' work at all. It just did not load. It still does not today... my experience with such issues is the same as Sora's: there isn't really much we can do, it will sort itself out in a couple of days.

I'm using 8 incubators at the moment, luckily I had the opportunity to spin almost every day, even if I didn't really plat that day. I missed the half distance hatching though, as I haven't even left the house yesterday. I still believe this whole event was a little ill-timed (I guess many people spend Christmas inside with family, and the 1st of January mostly in bed :P ). Oh well, they'll hatch eventually.

I had the same problem with the photos.  However, I found that I could take pictures of my buddy.  So my way around the photos not working was to set an ice type as my buddy and then snap the 5 pics. 

My game just updated again and now it asks every time I go to catch a pokemon if I want to turn on the AR, which I do not.  It used to only ask the first time I signed into the game after signing out.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2020, 06:19:41 AM »
Well, got back on, and now Adventure Sync has stopped working... Again  -_-

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2020, 01:06:37 PM »
Yeah, I think my Adventure Sync has been on the fritz, too. I'm trying to walk Litwick but am not getting much distance at all lately.

My sister and I added you as a friend, Sora! We're Shiorihitohana and PinkNinjaKitty in the game.

I'm honestly still in holiday mode and hardly know what events are coming up, what features are in the game atm, etc. Buddy Mode doesn't work very well for my phone but my sister and I played around with it. I did hatch a Riolu the other day!! That was a long time in coming.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »
Accepted you both! :D

I need to gather some more gifts to send. PokeStops seem determined to give me regular PokeBalls lately.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2020, 07:04:56 AM »
I wonder what the Pokemon Direct will be tomorrow.

I wish I knew more people around me who played.  I really need someone to go to a gym kind of in the middle of nowhere and beat my Ursaring.  He's been in there for over a week because apparently nobody ever goes to that gym.  He's only got 433 CP because I haven't given him berries so that someone will beat him.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2020, 10:15:29 AM »
I put an Arcanine in a gym at a small, local zoo, and I didn't see him back until about 2 weeks later. I can only guess that one of the staff played as well, since the team received a few berries here and there and was a pure Instinct gym.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2020, 12:03:01 PM »
I caught a shiny Piplup for Community Day! ^.^ My sister caught 3, but lately I've been running low on space and am happy to have just 1. Overall it was a great CD -- we walked around the mall and found tons and tons of Piplup, plus some of the newer Unova Pokemon (like Venipede, Karrablast, and Tympoule; I also hatched a Trubbish? which looks like a trash bag, so random). How was everyone else's Community Day?

Also, does anyone else feel a little out of the loop? I don't know the Pokemon of Gen 5 except for the starters, and I don't know who's available or how to get certain Pokemon (especially when special evolutions are needed) or which Pokemon are strongest. I also seem to have some glitches with the buddy system.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal