collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 122016 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2019, 07:26:15 PM »
Thank you. ^^ I need two more, if any one has a spot to add?
(You don't have to keep me in your FL if you don't want)
I'd be happy to be your PoGo friend! Sent a request :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »
I also just sent you a request - thanks for the code! :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I didn't follow things that closely: does trading still only work between friends who are within a distance/can actually meet up?

I think that's still the case...
ah, bummer :/ Thank you for the reply though!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:55:53 PM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 02:26:08 PM »
:) thank you <3

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
Got a lucky friend today! Too bad we are in different countries and can’t trade :huh:

Caught a shiny Buneary too! On my husband’s account.... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
Got a lucky friend today! Too bad we are in different countries and can’t trade :huh:
*raises hand* :blush: First I was like "whoa, how did she do those characters in her name?", then I realised that's what indicate we are lucky friends - then came the disappointment when I read on and realised that we'd have to trade to benefit from this status :huh: I don't have a lucky Pokémon yet...

I still wish they made events when friends can trade internationally (and I still keep Mr. Mimes for if this ever happens) *sigh*
I'll share my silliness from yesterday in hope you might feel a little better: yesterday I was going through my Pokémon, checking which to keep, transfer or evolve, and I realised I have 2 Machokes and 99 Machop candies. I was keeping the two Machokes exactly to evolve one of them into a Machamp when I get enough candy, in hope that they evolve to be stronger than my current Machamp. So in I go to my items, use a rare candy to make my candy count 100, go back to my Pokémon, select the Machoke with the bigger CP, and, like a robot...
I push "Transfer", and then I select OK when I get the warning that this is something I cannot undo...
and when there is suddenly only one Machoke instead of the evolution animation, I realise this is not what I wanted to do :facepalm:

At least your hubs has a shiny Buneary now ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:11:20 PM by Loona »

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
 :hug: At least our names look cool for a day :biggrin:

This is not the first time I have been working my husband’s account for him and I caught a shiny, I’m very lucky for him :lol:

What a rough oops!! I hate when my brain turns off and I transfer something I did not want to transfer. I’m trying to use the star favoriting thing more.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2019, 02:17:32 AM »

We're lucky friends too! This makes me wish that Niantic could allow a wordwide trade once a month or something!

I got a shiny Lapras and a shiny Absol last Saturday :)

I still wish they made events when friends can trade internationally (and I still keep Mr. Mimes for if this ever happens) *sigh*
I'll share my silliness from yesterday in hope you might feel a little better: yesterday I was going through my Pokémon, checking which to keep, transfer or evolve, and I realised I have 2 Machokes and 99 Machop candies. I was keeping the two Machokes exactly to evolve one of them into a Machamp when I get enough candy, in hope that they evolve to be stronger than my current Machamp. So in I go to my items, use a rare candy to make my candy count 100, go back to my Pokémon, select the Machoke with the bigger CP, and, like a robot...
I push "Transfer", and then I select OK when I get the warning that this is something I cannot undo...
and when there is suddenly only one Machoke instead of the evolution animation, I realise this is not what I wanted to do :facepalm:

At least your hubs has a shiny Buneary now ;)

I transferred a shiny Minun  >_< Complete auto pilot
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:19:07 AM by Moonbreeze »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
This makes me wish that Niantic could allow a wordwide trade once a month or something!
That would be awesome! I'd love to be able to trade with you guys. I feel like if they limited the trading to once a month or so, like you said, or a special event or something, it wouldn't encourage cheating or whatever Niantic's trying to avoid.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2019, 07:32:06 AM »
Still no international trading or anything? That's a missed opportunity. I forget, is internet trading a thing or do you have to be next to the person you're trading with?
I haven't played in a while but when I head down to the beach it's fun to play, see you guys in two months.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
I transferred a shiny Minun  >_< Complete auto pilot
ooooooouch! >_<  :huh:

Still no international trading or anything? That's a missed opportunity. I forget, is internet trading a thing or do you have to be next to the person you're trading with?
I haven't played in a while but when I head down to the beach it's fun to play, see you guys in two months.  :P
No, as far as I'm aware, trading is still available only when you're standing next to each other. I too think this is a missed opportunity, especially in today's world where there's little you cannot do with others online... I also agree that I wouldn't need this to be a regular thing, but it would be great if it was possible on dedicated special events at least...

How is everyone doing with the game recently? I've kept on playing but not very actively. The most recent events left me a bit neutral (and I've never even seen a silhouette of a Pikachu in a detective hat), so I'm starting to lose a little interest again. All the Snorlax lying around looked funny today though :) I caught one with CP over 2400, more than my "old" Snorlax I caught via some event/monthly challenge back in 2016, so I'm happy with that, but other than that I find this event a little lacking: I already had two Snorlax(es?), and the only extra feature is a special move? They could have given us a Snorlax in a sleeping hat :3 or at least a shiny - though I'm very unlucky with shinies, I think I've only ever caught 4 or 5 shiny Pokémon.

ETA: I also got massively unlucky today. I was playing on the bus, on the way to work today morning, and suddenly we passed a Lombre. I have never seen a Lombre in the wild before, and Lotad is so uncommon here that I only managed to evolve one Lotad so far, and I only have 8 candies, so very far from a Ludicolo, so I was eager to tap him - only to find that I reached the max capacity of my storage box. This of course happened between two stops, so the bus was speeding fast and there was no way I could transfer a Pokémon fast enough to create space (and I was late, so taking off, catching it and waiting for the next bus was also out of question). Needless to say, in just 5 seconds we also passed a Swablu - I'm still nowhere near close to evolving to Altaria, because Swablu is also not very common here, so every candy counts... I quickly freed up 3 or 4 places, but it was also not there anymore, and nothing else interesting showed up on the rest of the trip.

ETA2: when did the game start to censor the nicknames you can give to a Pokémon? I caught an Aipom with 666 CP, so I tried to rename her SatanAipom, but got an error stating "The name contains inappropriate text." :O About two or three years ago I had a Machop called Satanka ("ka" is a diminitive in Hungarian, so it roughly translates to "Little Satan"), for the same reason, and I could rename the guy without an issue (we renamed him with a friend while working together at an anime convention. He has never seen the game, and all he knew about Pokémon was probably Pikachu, so I was showing him all the Pokémon I had). Satanka was with me for years until one day I accidentally powered him up, only to realise that it actually took the fun away from him. I had another Machop with much higher CP, so the poor guy got transferred in the end.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:20:58 PM by Loona »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
How is everyone doing with the game recently? I've kept on playing but not very actively. The most recent events left me a bit neutral (and I've never even seen a silhouette of a Pikachu in a detective hat), so I'm starting to lose a little interest again. All the Snorlax lying around looked funny today though :) I caught one with CP over 2400, more than my "old" Snorlax I caught via some event/monthly challenge back in 2016, so I'm happy with that, but other than that I find this event a little lacking: I already had two Snorlax(es?), and the only extra feature is a special move? They could have given us a Snorlax in a sleeping hat :3 or at least a shiny - though I'm very unlucky with shinies, I think I've only ever caught 4 or 5 shiny Pokémon.
I'm playing every day, pretty much, but casually and just focusing on what I want -- which would mainly be shiny Growlithe at this point. :lol: I have two research quests that give Growlithe as a reward, so I'm hoping one will be shiny.

You're right, a shiny Snorlax possibility would be fun. That's the most fun part of the game for me right now -- finding shinies -- but also the most frustrating, since it rarely happens. It is quite funny to see the Snorlax lying everywhere, lol.

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to evolving a Glaceon and Leafeon. I almost have enough coins saved up from gyms to buy the lure that evolves Glaceon.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
How is everyone doing with the game recently? I've kept on playing but not very actively. The most recent events left me a bit neutral (and I've never even seen a silhouette of a Pikachu in a detective hat), so I'm starting to lose a little interest again.

I believe the only way to get the Pikachu was to take a picture with your camera, then he would show up. (once a day, I think).

I love all the sleeping snorlax. I will be sad when they are gone. ;_;*

I've played casually since day 1 of the game. So I still have fun with it. With the one exception -- not being able to find magikarp frustrates me. a lot. :( I live near water. I see all other fishies. Why not magikarp?

I'm lucky that theres a park that's not far where people play all the time. They put up the special lures yesterday and I was able to get leafeon and glaceon. *^_^*

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »

I believe the only way to get the Pikachu was to take a picture with your camera, then he would show up. (once a day, I think).
Ah, that would explain things... :/ I never have my camera on, as it eats the battery and I hate to charge my mobile daily...

I'm lucky that theres a park that's not far where people play all the time. They put up the special lures yesterday and I was able to get leafeon and glaceon. *^_^*
Lucky! I hope you'll also get Magikarp soon!

Haruna, is there a specific tactic you can use for shinies, or are they just totally random? If it is the latter, I can imagine the frustration, as I guess you basically just have to catch every Pokémon you come across? I've only ever come across them a handful of times, and (IIRC) all of mine are from the wild (and none from events where shinies were said to appear more frequently...).

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
Haruna, is there a specific tactic you can use for shinies, or are they just totally random? If it is the latter, I can imagine the frustration, as I guess you basically just have to catch every Pokémon you come across? I've only ever come across them a handful of times, and (IIRC) all of mine are from the wild (and none from events where shinies were said to appear more frequently...).
As I understand it, there are 1 out of the 450, say, Growlithes you'll meet in the wild that are shiny -- pretty bad odds. But I tap on any Growlithe because hope springs eternal. There are a few species who are more likely to be shiny if they come from research tasks, raids, or are hatched from eggs (like some baby Pokemon). I think Community Day rates for the featured Pokemon are 1 in 25, and I've had good luck with that usually, but I'm sorry you haven't. Sometimes the odds just work out really bad even when shiny rates are increased.

I've been negotiating a trade with a member on my local Discord server to get shiny Bulbasaur and shiny Dratini, so I'll be happy when we're Ultra Friends and that trade's completed. I have yet to find someone with a shiny Growlithe who needs what I have to trade, but you never know! Maybe I will find it in the wild.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »
I completely and utterly missed the slakoth event. Was sad I missed the opportunity for a pink sloth. It's not a common pokemon around here.

Continuing the subject of shinies I got super lucky with the research tasks reward and got a shiny Latias!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal