collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 121925 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2020, 01:39:38 PM »
I'm the same Haruna - except I've felt this for some time now :P I only ever really played with games that contain the first two gens (or rather up to Johto), so all the rest (apart from a few exceptions that I got to know from here and there, accidentally) are new to me. I've kinda got used to walking around unknown Pokémon for now :blush: Many times I don't mind, but I do have to admit that most of the newer Pokémon don't appeal to me as much - I don't know if it's more due to the lack of familiarity and nostalgy, or because they really are different. Some of them don't even make much sense to me. Like, take Foongus, with its pokéball-patterned hat - why would a creature appear in nature that resembles something that humans invented to catch such creatures? :blink:
(yes, I wondered the same about Voltorb back then, but at least that doesn't have all the same pattern)

I'm also finding the distance recording buggy... I don't have adventure sync turned on, but when I walk while playing, I get much less kilometres than what I'm actually travelling... and I'm getting more and more certain the game doesn't record the distance walked/travelled while in catching or battling (Team Rocket) mode, nor does it seem to record any travel time spent travelling faster than at walking speed. For example, I usually play the game in the morning, on my way to work (which is a trip of approximately 5 kilometres via public transport), yet I hardly ever walk 5 kilometres according to the "report" on Monday mornings. The only explanation I see for this (other than it not recording "faster than walking" travel time at all) is that the trip is full of pokéstops, and when I'm not madly spinning, I'm catching something. I rarely spend time just walking and doing nothing else - which is, I think, the only thing it would actually record. Oh well, it is what it is...

I didn't have a chance to participate in the Piplup Community Day, but I also caught a few shinies recently, the weirdest being shiny Alolan Vulpix (hatched). I say weird because it doesn't look any different from the non-shiny version. I have to look at them *really* hard to tell them apart, and then too I think I only see the difference because I want to see it. I haven't even noticed it's a shiny until I was browsing my Pokémon storage and noticed the shiny icon there :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2020, 07:19:15 AM »
One of my field tasks was to get 5 great curveball throws in a row.  I managed 4. :cry:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
One of my field tasks was to get 5 great curveball throws in a row.  I managed 4. :cry:
I hate that one! I had the simpler one of making 3 great curveball throws in a row (for the Jirachi quest) and it is *ridiculously frustrating.* 4 in a row is awesome! Good luck on the 5 in a row!

I didn't have a chance to participate in the Piplup Community Day, but I also caught a few shinies recently, the weirdest being shiny Alolan Vulpix (hatched). I say weird because it doesn't look any different from the non-shiny version. I have to look at them *really* hard to tell them apart, and then too I think I only see the difference because I want to see it. I haven't even noticed it's a shiny until I was browsing my Pokémon storage and noticed the shiny icon there :lookround:
:drool: I wish we lived close enough to trade; I've been obsessing about shiny Alolan Vulpix way too much, lol. You're right; it's really hard to tell the difference between the shiny and the regular!

Speaking of Vulpix, for the recent voting event I tried to vote for a Vulpix community day, which would have included Alolan Vulpix, but the votes went to Rhyhorn instead.  -_- I think Rhyhorn's evolutions are better Pokemon for battling, but I don't care as much about that as I do one of my favorite Pokemon. Still, maybe some day they'll do Vulpix!

The short Minccino event this past Sunday was fun. Such an adorable Pokemon. I played with my sister and we caught a bunch. The first one I encountered puzzled me for a split second. "it's . . . pink?" I quickly realized it was an adorable shiny Minccino :heart: I know so little about this new generation that I had no idea what its shiny looked like. I'm constantly being surprised by unfamiliar Pokemon.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »
Well...that was just mean.  I had to catch one more whismer to finish a field task and it turned into ditto.  So now I still need one more.   :P

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »
So we finally have a Safari Zone in the UK... But it's in Liverpool. Seriously surprised that Niantic haven't done a single event in London yet. Eh. Apparently tickets were advertised at £12 but that didn't include taxes/fees which makes it... £18 a ticket. For a bunch of 'mons that even the most casual of players will already have. Save for Relicanth (I'm pretty sure I can easily find someone to trade with locally on that one).

I'll pass... Not that I can find anywhere cheap that would take me to Liverpool anyway, heh.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2020, 07:02:34 AM »
Don't forget to catch your Pikachu and Eevee with party hats on!  Also, I caught a machamp this morning.   :shocked:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2020, 02:39:08 AM »
Don't forget to catch your Pikachu and Eevee with party hats on!  Also, I caught a machamp this morning.   :shocked:
Whoa! I'm liking this event -- there's more of a variety of Pokemon, and even though the hat thing has been overused I like seeing my favorite Pokemon, Eevee, with a little hat.

I've had only 1 or 2 Pokemon storage spaces available at times, so I'm "retiring" some of the 'mons I've been keeping since 2016. My sister has Let's Go, Eevee on the Switch and I'm going to send some that I never use but still have an attachment to to a park where they can live happily. ^.^

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
I just caught a shiny Treecko and hadn't noticed until just now that I caught a shiny Pikachu with a flower hat on sometime last week.  Sometimes I wish the shiny colors were more drastic on some of them.  If shiny Pikachu was red, blue, or purple instead of a slightly darker shade of yellow, he would be more noticeable and (IMO) much more interesting to keep around.  Even the shiny Turtwig and Treecko, while still a shade of green, are more turquoise than the green that they come in so they're very noticeable.  I wonder sometimes if I've accidentally transferred a shiny without realizing it just because the color was so close to the original. 

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2020, 05:48:27 PM »
I just caught a shiny Treecko and hadn't noticed until just now that I caught a shiny Pikachu with a flower hat on sometime last week.  Sometimes I wish the shiny colors were more drastic on some of them.  If shiny Pikachu was red, blue, or purple instead of a slightly darker shade of yellow, he would be more noticeable and (IMO) much more interesting to keep around.  Even the shiny Turtwig and Treecko, while still a shade of green, are more turquoise than the green that they come in so they're very noticeable.  I wonder sometimes if I've accidentally transferred a shiny without realizing it just because the color was so close to the original.
Shiny Pikachu is super similar to regular Pikachu. I think that the game will warn you if you try to transfer a shiny, if that eases your mind a little.

Today, while stuck at home, I somehow finally hatched my 10k egg and it was Gible. Worth the wait! I have a research task that is "hatch 4 eggs," ridiculously hard when I'm staying home.

How is everyone else playing Pokemon Go? I haven't been as dedicated recently since I can't leave the house, but Pokemon spawn in our house regularly so I've been trying to keep up my catch streak at least.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2020, 02:42:20 AM »
Congrats on catching a shiny Treecko!

I agree with the shiny thing completely. I don't necessarily want the shinies to be a totally different colour, just a little more obvious. I also caught a shiny Pikachu a couple of weeks ago, and yeah, the differencei s barely visible. Same goes for shiny Squirtle. And I've already complained about shiny Alolan Vulpix, TBH I still can't see the difference, I basically only know because of the shiny icon :blush: :P

Today, while stuck at home, I somehow finally hatched my 10k egg and it was Gible. Worth the wait! I have a research task that is "hatch 4 eggs," ridiculously hard when I'm staying home.

How is everyone else playing Pokemon Go? I haven't been as dedicated recently since I can't leave the house, but Pokemon spawn in our house regularly so I've been trying to keep up my catch streak at least.
Congrats on hatching Gible!

I'm complaining so much abot this to my husband (who still doesn't like the game, so it's limited complaining, but thefact that I mentioned this to him more than once, knowing that he doesn't want to hear, already shows my frustration)... I think they said they'll make the game more playable? And they could totally do that easily, but the reailty is: "Hatch 4 eggs"-quests and egg-hatching walking events. Seriously? We are in frigging quarantine! :mad: In my country it's against the law to leave the house if your work doesn't require you to, or of it isn't for necessities. I work from home, so I play on the way to the grocery store, and back on the few occasions of going out. That's not a lot, because... law. I do have 1(-3, depending on where the GPS puts me) Pokéstops that I can spin from home, but the quests they give are totally not achievable (like the egg-hatching ones we already mentioned). So while I get to the store I usually also try to collect 3 "sane" quests that I can do from home in the upcoming days (e.g. transfer..., win a battle, evolve..., power up..., take a snapshot...; I honestly thought they'll make these type of quests more common to ease gameplay, that would have sounded reasonable and easy). I haven't really noticed an insreased spawn around my home either. Yesterday my quest was to catch 10 Pokémon, and I had to log in several times during the day to see if there's any. It was super frustrating... I'm losing my interest like this...

Just to end on a positive note, Arlo occupied the Pokéstop I can spin from home the other day, and I found it so annoying that I decided to try to beat him. I've given up on beating leaders because I never even got close, but now after 2-3 tries I felt I could probably to it with a little more tactics... and after about 10 tries I DID IT! I was so happy any proud of my guys! I don't really know what this actually means, I hope that I'm not gonna see him ever again :D

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2020, 05:07:48 PM »
Yeah, I've thought it was weird to have so many egg hatching ones right now, but since I still go to work every day I have managed to complete a couple of those.  Perhaps they thought it was still doable since they have made hatching times halved right now?  But good job beating the Rocket leader.  I haven't even bothered to try looking for them just yet so my Rocket tracker is just sitting there, taking up space in my bag.

I will say that I'm impressed with the incense event today.  Usually when I use an incense, I get maybe 2 Pokemon in the half hour before the incense runs out.  I live in the middle of nowhere.  It's more than a mile to the nearest Pokestop and about 10 miles to the nearest gym so for Pokemon to spawn at all where I live I have to use an incense.  Today, however, I constantly had Pokemon spawning when I used an incense.  It was nice to not feel like I was wasting it and actually had to stop playing for the day because I ran out of Pokeballs and didn't want use coins for any.  When I go to work tomorrow, I can spin a stop from my office all day and load up again.   (When I finally hit level 40 I totally plan to try and get some stops closer to where I live!)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2020, 08:33:26 AM »
Is Adventure Sync not working again? I got it working once, but now it's not working at all (again)....

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2020, 10:05:23 AM »
Bummer.  I can't finish the friend challenge this week because I need to send out gifts and nobody is opening them.  I hate challenges that force me to rely on other people because those are the ones that I cannot ever manage to finish.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2020, 02:27:37 PM »
Same. Although I can't be too much of a hypocrite, I admit I didn't open a few for a while...

That said, I'm trying to play at least once a day again, so I'll try my best to open gifts and send as many as I can back out. I'm just kinda spoiled by Jurassic World Alive and the sheer number of PokeStop equivalents outside my house :P

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2020, 02:00:58 AM »
I haven't played actively, but I caved and bought the GoFest-ticket. Sorry if someone receives a random friend request. That'd be me for one of the research tasks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal